Halo 2 Games for windows live achivements

The servers for this game were shut down a few years ago due to the failure of the GFWL platform.Well this game has achievements and I just got all the ones I can get individually offline. But the bad thing is that there are 19 achievements that require a multiplayer service but since the servers are closed it is impossible to obtain it. I want to know if it is legal to obtain these achievements through modifying the game with mods. Since there is a mod created by the community called project cartographer ( https://www.cartographer.online/ )
Project Cartographer is a modification for Halo 2 PC (Halo 2 for Windows Vista) that restores online play (Microsoft abandoned the LIVE servers) and adds additional features that are not present in the base game.What I would like to know is if it is legitimate to obtain these achievements in this way through this mod. What would happen if you get them? Could there be some kind of punishment or retaliation from Microsoft or Xbox that disables your account?
Xbox Support
To my knowledge at no time does it state that it is forbidden to do this to obtain achievements that are discontinued.For example MCC has a support for mods that is totally legal but to what extent is it legal to do what I want to do with a 2007 game.My copy of the game is totally legitimate, I just want to get all the achievements of the game at 100% :(Someone who can help me or give relevant information? I do not want to have any kind of retaliation for doing this, if the risk implies that I may lose my account I simply will not do it

I’ve had a similar thing with Fabel 3 on the PC (through Steam) where GFWL is shut down and the game opens to an endless black screen. Through a lot of work-arounds and some modding, I got the game to run again on PC and it even allows for me to unlock achievements. I did this about a year ago and I was never banned. So, (although I doubt you’ll get an official answer from Microsoft on this) I would say it is safe to mod the game to work so that you can get the achievements. The only way I’ve heard of people getting banned in relation to achievements is if they use some sort of software that mods their account and unlocks the achievements directly. So I don’t think it matters as long as the achievements are being unlocked through the game. To break it down further; if you mod the achievements directly through XBL mods - like an account hack/mod - then you will likely get banned. If the achievements are unlocked while you’re playing/in the game - even if the game itself is modded - you should be okay.

I would note that I’m pretty sure Project Cartographer does not use the GFWL services and will not unlock the multiplayer achievements, but I do not know for sure.
I would also note that I do not support modding/hacking in any sort of online game - especially on Microsoft’s games’ servers. I would highly recommend setting up some sort of LAN network through a third-party software and unlocking the achievements that way.

> 2533274869233976;1:
> The servers for this game were shut down a few years ago due to the failure of the GFWL platform.Well this game has achievements and I just got all the ones I can get individually offline. But the bad thing is that there are 19 achievements that require a multiplayer service but since the servers are closed it is impossible to obtain it. I want to know if it is legal to obtain these achievements through modifying the game with mods. Since there is a mod created by the community called project cartographer ( https://www.cartographer.online/ )
> Project Cartographer is a modification for Halo 2 PC (Halo 2 for Windows Vista) that restores online play (Microsoft abandoned the LIVE servers) and adds additional features that are not present in the base game.What I would like to know is if it is legitimate to obtain these achievements in this way through this mod. What would happen if you get them? Could there be some kind of punishment or retaliation from Microsoft or Xbox that disables your account?
> Xbox Support
> To my knowledge at no time does it state that it is forbidden to do this to obtain achievements that are discontinued.For example MCC has a support for mods that is totally legal but to what extent is it legal to do what I want to do with a 2007 game.My copy of the game is totally legitimate, I just want to get all the achievements of the game at 100% :(Someone who can help me or give relevant information? I do not want to have any kind of retaliation for doing this, if the risk implies that I may lose my account I simply will not do it

Your issue here resides in the fact that Halo 2 Vista (H2V) relied on the now defunct GFWL platform for Multiplayer. The only way to now get that Multiplayer is to use an unauthorised mod. That is technically in breach of the Xbox Live terms and could therefore result in Enforcement action (see https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-GB/home/staysafe#topic7).

It is technically therefore not allowed. The question then becomes: Will Xbox take action against you? And if they do, what action?

I know various others who have achieved the MP achievements since GFWL went bye bye and against whom no action has been taken to my knowledge. Generally Enforcement rely on reports from others although they must have some automatic detection too

In reality, a first offence action of this nature may not result in loss of account, but likely Gamerscore correction and potentially a warning/ban. However, I don’t know your enforcement history or what the Enforcement team’s current stance is.

So, on your final point about risk: there is a risk.

Now, the only option here would be if MS officially sanctioned Project Cartographer as an approved mod, but realistically when you can play H2C on MCC (which is based off the H2V port anyway), there’s no real upside there

> 2533275000348632;2:
> I would note that I’m pretty sure Project Cartographer does not use the GFWL services and will not unlock the multiplayer achievements, but I do not know for sure.
> I would also note that I do not support modding/hacking in any sort of online game - especially on Microsoft’s games’ servers. I would highly recommend setting up some sort of LAN network through a third-party software and unlocking the achievements that way.

To my knowledge even LAN does not allow for achievement unlocking without modding and I have heard of people unlocking achievements when using project Cartographer.