Halo 2 for purchase in xbox live market place

halo 2 isnt in the xbox live market place for download or anything at all and its -Yoink!- me off

they offer halo 1 3 war reach and odst but no 2

Halo 2 at this moments isnt all that ready for XBLA launch…or maybe… they are trying to hide us some kind of remastered Arcade Version, with MP and all the maps? (lol @ 7 GB download)

Hopefully that means they’re working on a special remake or something that brings Halo 2 back to XBL.

My favorite game in the series

H2 is the only one I havent played yet, would appreciate it in any form.

> H2 is the only one I havent played yet, would appreciate it in any form.

You really missed out. Surprised that you have played all the others but this one, though.

> > H2 is the only one I havent played yet, would appreciate it in any form.
>
> You really missed out. Surprised that you have played all the others but this one, though.

It’s not all that surprising, given the circumstances:

-The game is going to be going on a decade since release before we know it, so it’s hard to find for sale
-The servers were shut down last year, leaving little incentive for purchase anyways (as the original Xbox is now essentially a brick)
-The Xbox 360 emulation of Halo 2 is riddled with an annoying glitch that creates an “impression” on the screen that lasts for the entire session
-The Vista version, aside from being hard to find as well, is riddled with installation and running problems - on top of a super small population

So, essentially, there’s no “good” way to play Halo 2 right now if you’re like me and got rid of your original Xbox. The 360 version is ruined by one glitch, the game itself is difficult to find, and the Vista version is very frustrating to install on any type of OS. In essence, since ODST’s release, it’s not surprising to find people who haven’t or don’t play Halo 2. They really need to bring Halo 2 back via the Xbox LIVE Arcade.

> Hopefully that means they’re working on a special remake or something that brings Halo 2 back to XBL.
>
> My favorite game in the series

I have so many memories with that game online. I’d be incredibly happy if I could play it again on XBL.

exactly i have the old game copy so i just put it in the 360 and play but i want to c the extra content like the the stuff they have for 1ilke i got gamer pics and themes from 1 but the stuff for 2 non existant

I give the idea 2 thumbs WAY up

Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo Wars
Halo Reach
Halo CE Anniversary
Halo 4
Halo 2 Anniversary
Halo ODST2
Halo 5
Halo Wars 2
Halo 3 Anniversary
Halo 6
Halo Reach Anniversary
Halo CE Platinum (20 years)

HALO FOREVER!!!

Im actually fairly new to XBox and Halo (6 months maybe?). The only reason I managed H:CE was via its arcade download.

> > H2 is the only one I havent played yet, would appreciate it in any form.
>
> You really missed out. Surprised that you have played all the others but this one, though.

Would like to see Halow Wars 2 a bit earlier than that. As much as I enjoy it, chronologially, its so seperated from the others. HW2 should close the gap in the timeline, may the Pillar of Autumn comes across one of the other Halo rings. No Covenant, just the Flood (perhaps a second Gravemind consciousness) and whatever additional mystery the Halo can throw at it.

> Halo CE
> Halo 2
> Halo 3
> Halo 3: ODST
> Halo Wars
> Halo Reach
> Halo CE Anniversary
> Halo 4
> Halo 2 Anniversary
> Halo ODST2
> Halo 5
> Halo Wars 2
> Halo 3 Anniversary
> Halo 6
> Halo Reach Anniversary
> Halo CE Platinum (20 years)
> …
>
> HALO FOREVER!!!

If 343 isn’t already working on a Halo 2 anniversary they need to put it in the marketplace for games on demand, hell even Halo 3 and Reach are on games on demand. Or would we have to take this up with Bungie? I’m not quite sure how entitlement of the Halo series as a whole goes.

I fully understand that Microsoft doesn’t want to offer H2 on the marketplace because of this annoying graphics glitch and because you can’t play online anymore at all, not even custom games. Still, H2 is a really good game and worth having despite that glitch and even if you can play only the campaign. It’s a pity people who don’t have it yet have such troubles finding it.

um… ebay?

> I fully understand that Microsoft doesn’t want to offer H2 on the marketplace because of this annoying graphics glitch and because you can’t play online anymore at all, not even custom games. Still, H2 is a really good game and worth having despite that glitch and even if you can play only the campaign. It’s a pity people who don’t have it yet have such troubles finding it.

That’s why it would be much better for 343 Industries to make a new port, directly to Xbox LIVE Arcade, with limited online capabilities (add online co-op; that would be cool).