halo 2 flood? and ship carrying flood?

Hey guys i was playing halo 2 and was wondering, how was there a gravemind on Installation 05? even if the flood broke out, there was not enough species on the ring to create a gravemind

another thing, not read Cryptum but know most facts, but what i dont understand is. The ship carrying the powder flood, what happend to it, im guessing it was precursor so did they salvage it?

Thanks.Mike

> Hey guys i was playing halo 2 and was wondering, how was there a gravemind on Installation 05? even if the flood broke out, there was not enough species on the ring to create a gravemind
>
> another thing, not read Cryptum but know most facts, but what i dont understand is. The ship carrying the powder flood, what happend to it, im guessing it was precursor so did they salvage it?
>
> Thanks.Mike

There is incontrovertible evidence that the Prisoner and the Gravemind are the same entity. Therefore, it stands to reason that he has been on the Ring a very long time, since he ignored the containment protocols over the course of 100,000 years.

> > Hey guys i was playing halo 2 and was wondering, how was there a gravemind on Installation 05? even if the flood broke out, there was not enough species on the ring to create a gravemind
> >
> > another thing, not read Cryptum but know most facts, but what i dont understand is. The ship carrying the powder flood, what happend to it, im guessing it was precursor so did they salvage it?
> >
> > Thanks.Mike
>
> There is incontrovertible evidence that the Prisoner and the Gravemind are the same entity. Therefore, it stands to reason that he has been on the Ring a very long time, since he ignored the containment protocols over the course of 100,000 years.

There is no “incontrovertible evidence”, only speculation.

@Mike: The Halo rings originally supported a variety of wildlife and sentient species. While we never encountered any on Installation 04, this does not mean they weren’t present on Installation 05. These are likely what was used to build the Gravemind there. It’s also possible other space-faring species found the ring and they were used to build the gravemind.

In addition, based on what I’ve read and what the Gravemind said during the games, it would seem it was built on top of the Gravemind from the Forerunner-Flood war.

• “I have beaten fleets of thousands! Consumed a galaxy of flesh and mind and bone!”
    (note, this part is speculation on my part)

> > > Hey guys i was playing halo 2 and was wondering, how was there a gravemind on Installation 05? even if the flood broke out, there was not enough species on the ring to create a gravemind
> > >
> > > another thing, not read Cryptum but know most facts, but what i dont understand is. The ship carrying the powder flood, what happend to it, im guessing it was precursor so did they salvage it?
> > >
> > > Thanks.Mike
> >
> > There is incontrovertible evidence that the Prisoner and the Gravemind are the same entity. Therefore, it stands to reason that he has been on the Ring a very long time, since he ignored the containment protocols over the course of 100,000 years.
>
> There is no “incontrovertible evidence”, only speculation.
>
> @Mike: The Halo rings originally supported a variety of wildlife and sentient species. While we never encountered any on Installation 04, this does not mean they weren’t present on Installation 05. These are likely what was used to build the Gravemind there. It’s also possible other space-faring species found the ring and they were used to build the gravemind.
>
> In addition, based on what I’ve read and what the Gravemind said during the games, it would seem it was built on top of the Gravemind from the Forerunner-Flood war.
> - “I have beaten fleets of thousands! Consumed a galaxy of flesh and mind and bone!”
> (note, this part is speculation on my part)

no i think when he said “I have beaten fleets of thousands! Consumed a galaxy of flesh and mind and bone!” it was when the other gravemind was destroying the forerunners but when another gravemind rises up(as there can only be one) it gets all of its memories and knowledge from the other gravemind

> > > > Hey guys i was playing halo 2 and was wondering, how was there a gravemind on Installation 05? even if the flood broke out, there was not enough species on the ring to create a gravemind
> > > >
> > > > another thing, not read Cryptum but know most facts, but what i dont understand is. The ship carrying the powder flood, what happend to it, im guessing it was precursor so did they salvage it?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks.Mike
> > >
> > > There is incontrovertible evidence that the Prisoner and the Gravemind are the same entity. Therefore, it stands to reason that he has been on the Ring a very long time, since he ignored the containment protocols over the course of 100,000 years.
> >
> > There is no “incontrovertible evidence”, only speculation.
> >
> > @Mike: The Halo rings originally supported a variety of wildlife and sentient species. While we never encountered any on Installation 04, this does not mean they weren’t present on Installation 05. These are likely what was used to build the Gravemind there. It’s also possible other space-faring species found the ring and they were used to build the gravemind.
> >
> > In addition, based on what I’ve read and what the Gravemind said during the games, it would seem it was built on top of the Gravemind from the Forerunner-Flood war.
> > - “I have beaten fleets of thousands! Consumed a galaxy of flesh and mind and bone!”
> > (note, this part is speculation on my part)
>
> no i think when he said “I have beaten fleets of thousands! Consumed a galaxy of flesh and mind and bone!” it was when the other gravemind was destroying the forerunners but when another gravemind rises up(as there can only be one) it gets all of its memories and knowledge from the other gravemind

But to get that knowledge and have those memories, remnants of the original would have to physically exist in some manner.

Not if there was the domain.

> Not if there was the domain.

I won’t rule out the Domain, but until we know more about its nature, I’m not including it in my theories.