Halo 2 Extended Campaign

Halo 2 was a rushed job; even Bungie admits it. Many campaign levels were cut, including all of Act III. This is Halo 2’s Campaign as it should have been. Please note that mission names are strictly conjecture.

Cairo Station
Covenant Ship
Scarab
Earth City
Gas Mine
Delta Halo
Forerunner Tank
Sacred Icon
Gravemind
Uprising
High Charity
The Great Journey
Dreadnought
Sierra 117
Crow’s Nest
Tsavo Highway
The Storm
Floodgate

Analysis:

Cairo Station: This level contains The Heretic, which is an introductory cutscene, the Armory, which is also an introductory cutscene and a tutorial, and Cairo Station, which stays virtually the same.

Covenant Ship: This was a canceled level that involved John-117 jumping onto the second ship in Regret’s “fleet”, traversing it, neutralizing the crew, and eventually fighting the first boss; a Drinol, which is a huge hairy monster, at the end, before destroying it.

Scarab: This is the missions Outskirts and Metropolis combined. Otherwise, they are unchanged. The mission is codenamed for the Scarab fought at the end.

Earth City: This is the mission featured in the Halo 2 - E3 2004 Demo… the amazing looking mission that never got into the final game, albeit with a few obvious changes at the beginning and an extension at the end.

Gas Mine: This is my unimaginative name for the levels The Arbiter and Oracle combined. It starts out as The Arbiter, the level Oracle starts half way after the epic Banshee dogfight, and you fight the Heretic Leader at the end. You play as the Arbiter, and the level is the same as the two from the official game.

Delta Halo: Same as it is the same as it is in the official game. Combined with Regret to form a much larger level. The Regret segment starts half way through, and it is exactly the same as the original game. Regret is fought at the end.

Forerunner Tank: This is the name Jason Jones gave this deleted level that takes place in the bowels of Delta Halo, presumably fighting Sentinels until you get to the area under the Library where Gravemind awaits. You play as John-117.

Sacred Icon: This is the collective term for the levels Sacred Icon and Quarantine Zone. It is unnecessary for this level to be split in two, unless the Library segment was extended, and no one wants that. You play as the Arbiter.

Gravemind: Exactly the same as the one in Halo 2.

Uprising: Same as it is in Halo 2, with maybe a bit explanation as to why you’re there. You play as the Arbiter.

High Charity: Same as it is in Halo 2.

The Great Journey: Exactly the same as it is in Halo 2. You play as the Arbiter and kill Tartarus at the end.
Dreadnought: This level takes place on the Forerunner Dreadnought. You fight Brute Honor Guards and other Covenant until you escape.

Sierra 117: This is the same as the Halo 3 level, without all of the awful Halo 3 features.

Crow’s Nest: This is the same as the Halo 3 level.

Tsavo Highway: This is the same as the Halo 3 level.

The Storm: This is the same as the Halo 3 level.

Floodgate: This is the same as the Halo 3 level, but with awesome the indestructible Halo 2 flood (not those nasty explosive Flood in Halo 3) and no annoying Pure Forms. Boss is a Flood Juggernaut in the crashed Covenant ship segment, which is extended slightly. I’d somehow like to incorporate a Warthog run here :slight_smile:

Sorry about the unimaginative level names and combining some levels. I’m not an expert game making company. I honestly think that Halo 2 would have been so much more popular, received better, and altogether far funner if it was made somewhere along these lines. If a Halo 2 remake is made, 343 Industries, please add the extra levels.

Halo 2 campaign was great the way it was. The idea of having a bunch of bosses is weird and the original campaign blueprints were all over the place and would have been terrible. It was rushed but I definitely prefer it the way it is.

“Sigh” Halo 3 always gets the hate…

> “Sigh” Halo 3 always gets the hate…

Halo: Reach gets most of the hate these days, actually.

In my opinion, if they weren’t rushed, we would’ve seen these levels. But we won’t see them now.

> > “Sigh” Halo 3 always gets the hate…
>
> Halo: Reach gets most of the hate these days, actually.

lolwut?

Halo Reach is the guy on the block. He gets a lot of hate.

Halo 3 is that grizzled solider in that drop pod with his BR. He doesn’t talk much these days but let me tell you this. He’s not down or out, he’s just finishing the fight.

> > “Sigh” Halo 3 always gets the hate…
>
> Halo: Reach gets most of the hate these days, actually.

Only because it’s the newest.

> In my opinion, if they weren’t rushed, we would’ve seen these levels. But we won’t see them now.

If they had not been rushed the game might not have ever come out.

> > In my opinion, if they weren’t rushed, we would’ve seen these levels. But we won’t see them now.
>
> If they had not been rushed the game might not have ever come out.

I meant, they should have been allocated more time to complete it.

Yes but the Game as a whole could of turned out better or worse, I mean with Bungie and multiplayer it seems the more time you give them the more they “tweak” it and ruin it I mean it looked that way with the H3 and Reach Beta, I mean they could of tweaked the Sniper or the BR to be a shadow of their former selves.

Some of the levels could do with some tweaking, and much of the “lost” content would be nice to add, but I personally felt that The Great Journey was the perfect level to cut off at. The cliffhanger worked for me, and got me pumped to buy Halo 3, I don’t think it’d have worked as well if you ended on Floodgate. The Great Journey = cliffhanger, can’t wait for the next game. Floodgate = …what the heck?! They just stopped randomly. It’s not really a good finishing level at all.

I didnt like Halo 2’s camapign much to be honest but I do agreee with the added levels that were cut the campaign would have been far better than what it actually turned out. I do think that Halo 2 being cut off when it did was a good idea, I felt that the cliffhanger was natural, cutting it off at Floodgate wouldn’t be as good.

> > > “Sigh” Halo 3 always gets the hate…
> >
> > Halo: Reach gets most of the hate these days, actually.
>
> Only because it’s the newest.

To an extent.
I mean, I feel like in terms of campaign, Reach’s levels were decent enough, but the story was disappointing and really just too military. I really thought it was a story that didn’t need to be told this way. It’s sort of a like the ODST story of just having a story of something that happened during the war and not the main events, but it’s told in a much less interesting way. ODST is the game that gets the most undeserved hate imo due to it being a single player only game really (no new competitive mp-- in retrospect they should’ve loaded disc two with exclusive content and not have that being a disc of content most of us alreayd had).

In terms of Reach’s mp, it’s fun, but I feel not as tight as Halo 2/3. The core gameplay is solid enough, but I feel like it makes the maps play differently to the extent that the maps don’t really play that well. I mean the btb gameplay is fine, but when you can use jetpacks on something like reflection I feel like the map sort of gets destroyed, partially. Hence why I feel like the classic playlist plays so much better.

> Halo 2 campaign was great the way it was. The idea of having a bunch of bosses is weird and the original campaign blueprints were all over the place and would have been terrible. It was rushed but I definitely prefer it the way it is.

I didn’t like Halo 2 campaign because of the way it seemed to jump from one point to another. I’d be happy if they would release a complete Halo2 version. I’m actually surprised they didn’t release a complete version since Halo2 sold so well, and it was obvious to everyone the game wasn’t complete.

> Some of the levels could do with some tweaking, and much of the “lost” content would be nice to add, but I personally felt that The Great Journey was the perfect level to cut off at. The cliffhanger worked for me, and got me pumped to buy Halo 3, I don’t think it’d have worked as well if you ended on Floodgate. The Great Journey = cliffhanger, can’t wait for the next game. Floodgate = …what the heck?! They just stopped randomly. It’s not really a good finishing level at all.

> I didnt like Halo 2’s camapign much to be honest but I do agreee with the added levels that were cut the campaign would have been far better than what it actually turned out. I do think that Halo 2 being cut off when it did was a good idea, I felt that the cliffhanger was natural, cutting it off at Floodgate wouldn’t be as good.

While obviously the content and plot in the Halo 3 sections would be altered, including that of Floodgate’s, I couldn’t think of a better Halo 3 level to end the deleted section of the Halo 2 Campaign, and creating an entirely new set of levels for the third act was unrealistic. I liked the cliffhanger at the end of The Great Journey, but I, like many people, felt the game was incomplete. I personally think, if done right, the cutscene at the end of Floodgate, with the portal to the Ark, Flood on Earth, Guilty Spark meeting John-117 again, the Elites joining the humans, and the combined human and Elite fleets going through the portal for an epic last battle with Truth and the Gravemind, would have been a far cooler ending for Halo 2. It would have also given far more depth to the plot of Halo 3’s campaign, which of course would have started at the Ark.

> “Sigh” Halo 3 always gets the hate…

I really didn’t like Halo 3 as much as the other games.

My favorite story based halo game has to be ODST with Reach as a close second.