Halo 2 co-op campaign desync.

Me and my friend are trying to play the mission sacred icon on Halo 2: Anniversary but the checkpoints keep desyncing between us. It happens when we get to the second super sentinel on the lift (about the 7 or 8th split I believe). For player 1 the sentinel will die and give a checkpoint, but for player 2 it is still alive and no checkpoint is given. This then messes up the rest of the game as we don’t actually see where each other are, so while player 1 progresses with the mission, player 2 is stuck on the lift with there co-op partner just walking around aimlessly on the lift.

Any help?

I know exactly what you are talking about. My friend and I just had that happen a couple hours ago. As far as I know, the best thing we can do at the moment is make sure that 343i is completely aware of this issue. What made me desync is when we both got into a warthog. The only thing I can think of right now is to avoid vehicles and stay close to one another when passing through checkpoints. But at the end of the day this is an issue entirely up to 343i to fix. We must makesure they are completely and 100% aware of this issue.

This issue has still not been fixed and is high frustrating. My CO-OP partner and I have played two missions, both times getting 1/3 of the way before experiencing the desync.

The first time desync occurred was on Halo 2, when you meet the first Super Sentinels. We restarted the mission and was successfully able the complete it.

The second time was on the next mission, we passed the first 3(?) Super Sentinels, proceeded out to follow the road/mission path, we came to an open area with Wraiths and another 2 Super Sentinels and then desync kicked in.

This made us extremely annoyed, we tried to restart from checkpoint, no luck.

We haven’t bothered to retry the mission yet.

Has been issue been acknowledge by 343i at all?

Yeah, same issue. http://xboxclips.com/The+BS+Police/527bd4b1-cdaf-4e5f-bdd0-b1d348d03210

This issue needs to be fixed.

WHY HASN’T THIS BEEN FIXED?! Holy crap this issue is still persisting. My friend and I tried to complete Quarantine Zone on legendary co-op, online ofcourse, but then we discovered this glitch was happening. We tried reverting numerous times, to no avail. It always happened when we got to the large open area with numerous wraiths, and even if we kept it from desyncing there, it would inevitably desync at some point after that. We tried progressing through like normal and, suprisingly, desync really desyncs you, because if you try and progress to a loading zone or to the next cutscene, it won’t help, you will still be desynchronized. After triggering the cutscene with Rtas leaving your side, we tried to simply push on, but unfortunately the game decided to crash for me during the Gondola fight. FML.

Still happening :(, my friend and I can’t complete Quarantine zone

I haven’t played online Co-Op for the MCC just local mostly with my brother, I am guessing this happens because Halo 2 was never designed to have online co-op, on top of that since this version is a PC port, the PC version did not even have Co-Op. Still it is unacceptable that this is not fixed, and it is never going to be fixed because 343 is focusing on Halo 5, fix HALO MCC FIRST YOU -Yoinks!-!!! I know this problem is still going on because I heard it happened to Gavin Free on the Rooster Teeth Podcast.

De-syncing still occurs, especially on quarantine zone. 2 specific points de-syncing occurs, either in the beginning area with the wraiths or near the end right before the gondola ride. We still waiting on a fix on this issues, and other co-op and regular campaign related issues since November. Our issues have been a low priority since most of the focus has been trying to salvage the multiplayer and fixing its problems these past few months. Priority issue now for 343 is about quitters and the ranking system in the collection and releasing ODST, as shown in their May 1st update. No word still on the games campaign and co-op issues. At this point I doubt they even gonna address these issues, they had notice since November and its already May and their next big game is releasing in October. When that is released the support or lack of support this game has had will become even more non-existent upon the release of Halo 5.

Me and my friend currently playing cannot complete level because of desync

Seven months later and still no fix. A buddy and I tried Legendary co-op last night on Sacred Icon and we always ended up desynced during the gondola ride over to the second Super Sentinel area where the sentinels and flood are going at it. Reverted to last checkpoint like 5 times with no luck.

This is unacceptable, 343i.

Yep. Me and my nephew just played it. Restarted the map twice, and got desynched in different areas. Silver lining is it’s hilarious watching your buddy’s avatar hop around and shoot wildly like a lunatic.

It’s sad when you realise you have to start the map all over, though.

For anyone else who has this problem, it seems that if you load a new area of the map while your partner is behind, you load into the new area while you partner does not. So, while it’s not a SOLUTION, if you just stay next to your partner and don’t push forward without them, you won’t have this problem. It seems to be there are a few areas during maps where the load areas are really close together so it’s not hard to get a little in front of your partner. Just stick together, which is what you should be doing anyway. Maybe this was done on purpose to promote teamwork? … Or maybe because 343 really needs to fix the multiplayer code, who knows amiright?

> 2533274847968012;12:
> For anyone else who has this problem, it seems that if you load a new area of the map while your partner is behind, you load into the new area while you partner does not. So, while it’s not a SOLUTION, if you just stay next to your partner and don’t push forward without them, you won’t have this problem. It seems to be there are a few areas during maps where the load areas are really close together so it’s not hard to get a little in front of your partner. Just stick together, which is what you should be doing anyway. Maybe this was done on purpose to promote teamwork? … Or maybe because 343 really needs to fix the multiplayer code, who knows amiright?

I wouldn’t say that, my friend and I are at the final boss of The Oracle and we were together 100% of the level and when we started the fight we kept dying and that’s when our games dysnched.

Oh man! I’ve been in the middle of playing, dying, then re-spawned at like two previous checkpoints. Pain in the backside for sure.

This is not fixed yet?

Sadly, it isn’t fixed. I just got done playing this co-op and we found a workaround whereby we immediately got off the lift and hung around on the left hand side. Next we cleared out some sentinels, always staying close together, and then jumping up through the door. This has happened to me on Quarantine Zone before. I’m guessing, and this is what worked for us, you just have to stick very close all mission, especially at checkpoints and loading signs. The part with the wraith just before the gondola seems to trigger a de-sync, so we rode around in the spectre, did the gondola glitch where you sit inside it without being hit, and then it’s done! I hope it works, it’s frustrating as hell.

I’m having the same issues. Me and a friend always play Quarintine Zone on Legendary co-op and we always desync. It’s the only mission left for us to beat. This game came out last November and this still hasn’t been addressed. Unbelievable.

Had the same issue last night with a friend playing Quarantine Zone wraith open area section… I guess 343 just has no -Yoinks!- to give and gave up.
Hilarious conversation with friend when playing last night why he was trying to drive tank up the wall…

Still having the same problem, it’s been over a year, fix your game.

This has just happened twice with me and my friend how. Same spot. Sacred Icon. Second Giant Sentinel. Door opens on one persons screen, the other it doesn’t. Leading to us quiting. This is un-acceptable that this is STILL happening in 2016. Fix your -Yoink- connectivity issues 343.