Halo 2 classic sniper not working?

Has anybody noticed that some sniper bullets aren’t connecting in halo 2 classic? Both the covenant and human sniper seem to not connect at times!

I played a game this morning on Acension where a member of the opposite team wasn’t playing, I was at small tower with the sniper and he was at the top of big tower, bearing in mind he wasn’t playing so he was stood still, I aimed my reticle on his head and shot 1 bullet, it didn’t register as a head shot, it registered as a body shot. Has anyone els noticed this?

It may have been lag. There are some games I go in where hit detection is fairly spotty. But in another game it’s pretty much perfect. It’s kind of strange.

> 2533274801572995;1:
> Has anybody noticed that some sniper bullets aren’t connecting in halo 2 classic? Both the covenant and human sniper seem to not connect at times!
>
> I played a game this morning on Acension where a member of the opposite team wasn’t playing, I was at small tower with the sniper and he was at the top of big tower, bearing in mind he wasn’t playing so he was stood still, I aimed my reticle on his head and shot 1 bullet, it didn’t register as a head shot, it registered as a body shot. Has anyone els noticed this?

Welcome to Halo 2 :slight_smile:

i was playing h2c snipers and my friend said he hit me with the sniper and it flashed my shield like i took the hit, but i never received pain from shot. so very quite possibly but im gonna go with host lag

> 2533274801572995;1:
> Has anybody noticed that some sniper bullets aren’t connecting in halo 2 classic? Both the covenant and human sniper seem to not connect at times!
>
> I played a game this morning on Acension where a member of the opposite team wasn’t playing, I was at small tower with the sniper and he was at the top of big tower, bearing in mind he wasn’t playing so he was stood still, I aimed my reticle on his head and shot 1 bullet, it didn’t register as a head shot, it registered as a body shot. Has anyone els noticed this?

i have had this happen in mutliple games and so far from what i have played, i have yet to get the 1 shot kill at medium range but i can No Scope 1 shot to kill at short range. i think it was my first game actually playing multibomb on coag and hitting headshots that registered as body shots all game even when 10 years ago back in the day i could snipe out a full Hog with 3 shots (Driver, Gunner, Bomb/flag carrier). now not so much :frowning: i guess i will have to try and custom game it later to see if this is a lag issue or just a bad cross over from xbox original to xbox one.

this happens to me a lot i hit the guy you see the gold hit marker but the guy takes no damage i think its the game

> 2533274829610030;3:
> > 2533274801572995;1:
> > Has anybody noticed that some sniper bullets aren’t connecting in halo 2 classic? Both the covenant and human sniper seem to not connect at times!
> >
> > I played a game this morning on Acension where a member of the opposite team wasn’t playing, I was at small tower with the sniper and he was at the top of big tower, bearing in mind he wasn’t playing so he was stood still, I aimed my reticle on his head and shot 1 bullet, it didn’t register as a head shot, it registered as a body shot. Has anyone els noticed this?
>
>
> Welcome to Halo 2 :slight_smile:

Welcome to Halo 2 vista, actually. Halo 2 on xbox never had these issues but we were given a port of vista instead of the original.

> 2533274963187769;7:
> > 2533274829610030;3:
> > > 2533274801572995;1:
> > > Has anybody noticed that some sniper bullets aren’t connecting in halo 2 classic? Both the covenant and human sniper seem to not connect at times!
> > >
> > > I played a game this morning on Acension where a member of the opposite team wasn’t playing, I was at small tower with the sniper and he was at the top of big tower, bearing in mind he wasn’t playing so he was stood still, I aimed my reticle on his head and shot 1 bullet, it didn’t register as a head shot, it registered as a body shot. Has anyone els noticed this?
> >
> >
> >
> > Welcome to Halo 2 :slight_smile:
>
>
> Welcome to Halo 2 vista, actually. Halo 2 on xbox never had these issues but we were given a port of vista instead of the original.

No we weren’t. If that was true then super bounces wouldn’t work. Halo 2 had hit detection issues just like halo 3 did.

> 2533274933081761;8:
> > 2533274963187769;7:
> > > 2533274829610030;3:
> > > > 2533274801572995;1:
> > > > Has anybody noticed that some sniper bullets aren’t connecting in halo 2 classic? Both the covenant and human sniper seem to not connect at times!
> > > >
> > > > I played a game this morning on Acension where a member of the opposite team wasn’t playing, I was at small tower with the sniper and he was at the top of big tower, bearing in mind he wasn’t playing so he was stood still, I aimed my reticle on his head and shot 1 bullet, it didn’t register as a head shot, it registered as a body shot. Has anyone els noticed this?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Welcome to Halo 2 :slight_smile:
> >
> >
> >
> > Welcome to Halo 2 vista, actually. Halo 2 on xbox never had these issues but we were given a port of vista instead of the original.
>
>
> No we weren’t. If that was true then super bounces wouldn’t work. Halo 2 had hit detection issues just like halo 3 did.

You can do super bounces on Vista. Uplift and District are in the game. I think the issues are mostly due to lag.

> 2533274793182883;9:
> > 2533274933081761;8:
> > > 2533274963187769;7:
> > > > 2533274829610030;3:
> > > > > 2533274801572995;1:
> > > > > Has anybody noticed that some sniper bullets aren’t connecting in halo 2 classic? Both the covenant and human sniper seem to not connect at times!
> > > > >
> > > > > I played a game this morning on Acension where a member of the opposite team wasn’t playing, I was at small tower with the sniper and he was at the top of big tower, bearing in mind he wasn’t playing so he was stood still, I aimed my reticle on his head and shot 1 bullet, it didn’t register as a head shot, it registered as a body shot. Has anyone els noticed this?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Welcome to Halo 2 :slight_smile:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Welcome to Halo 2 vista, actually. Halo 2 on xbox never had these issues but we were given a port of vista instead of the original.
> >
> >
> >
> > No we weren’t. If that was true then super bounces wouldn’t work. Halo 2 had hit detection issues just like halo 3 did.
>
>
> You can do super bounces on Vista. Uplift and District are in the game. I think the issues are mostly due to lag.

Vista used a different Frame based collision system than xbox. Super bounces did not work. And it’s really easy to port a pc .map file to xbox and vice versa.

I think so, I played 3 hours ago and I had a clear shot, so I took it and nothing happened: They just traspassed the elite :confused:
This must be fixed

I think you are just tripping. The halo 2 sniper is fine

No we weren’t. If that was true then super bounces wouldn’t work. Halo 2 had hit detection issues just like h
I think so, I played 3 hours ago and I had a clear shot, so I took it and nothing happened: They just traspassed the elite :confused:
This must be fixed

> 2533274793182883;9:
> > 2533274933081761;8:
> > > 2533274963187769;7:
> > > > 2533274829610030;3:
> > > > > 2533274801572995;1:
> > > > > Has anybody noticed that some sniper bullets aren’t connecting in halo 2 classic? Both the covenant and human sniper seem to not connect at times!
> > > > >
> > > > > I played a game this morning on Acension where a member of the opposite team wasn’t playing, I was at small tower with the sniper and he was at the top of big tower, bearing in mind he wasn’t playing so he was stood still, I aimed my reticle on his head and shot 1 bullet, it didn’t register as a head shot, it registered as a body shot. Has anyone els noticed this?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Welcome to Halo 2 :slight_smile:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Welcome to Halo 2 vista, actually. Halo 2 on xbox never had these issues but we were given a port of vista instead of the original.
> >
> >
> >
> > No we weren’t. If that was true then super bounces wouldn’t work. Halo 2 had hit detection issues just like halo 3 did.
>
>
> You can do super bounces on Vista. Uplift and District are in the game. I think the issues are mostly due to lag.

99% of the superbounces aren’t in halo MCC due to 60fps. You need to gain way more velocity to break through the cracks in the map and bounce

> 2533274933081761;8:
> > 2533274963187769;7:
> > > 2533274829610030;3:
> > > > 2533274801572995;1:
> > > > Has anybody noticed that some sniper bullets aren’t connecting in halo 2 classic? Both the covenant and human sniper seem to not connect at times!
> > > >
> > > > I played a game this morning on Acension where a member of the opposite team wasn’t playing, I was at small tower with the sniper and he was at the top of big tower, bearing in mind he wasn’t playing so he was stood still, I aimed my reticle on his head and shot 1 bullet, it didn’t register as a head shot, it registered as a body shot. Has anyone els noticed this?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Welcome to Halo 2 :slight_smile:
> >
> >
> >
> > Welcome to Halo 2 vista, actually. Halo 2 on xbox never had these issues but we were given a port of vista instead of the original.
>
>
> No we weren’t. If that was true then super bounces wouldn’t work. Halo 2 had hit detection issues just like halo 3 did.

I’ve spoken to people that played H2vista and they all said that this is a vista port due to the fact that H2 classic in the MCC has the same exact issues as vista did, according to numerous people.

I just had this problem in team snipers. Whenever they get the dedicated servers working again hopefully it will be better. Back in the day i could snipe someone across map with my -Yoink- dsl internet and I didnt have host.