Halo 2 Campaign Missions

I love this game, but I have always wondered why half of the levels were extended into a whole other mission. They could’ve easily combined:

1. Outskirts and Metropolis.
  2. The Arbiter and The Oracle.
  3. Delta Halo and Regret.
  4. The Sacred Icon and Quarantine Zone.

If they had done so, then the campaign would’ve had an even 10 missions, just like all the rest.

> I love this game, but I have always wondered why half of the levels were extended into a whole other mission. They could’ve easily combined:
>
> 1. Outskirts and Metropolis.
> 2. The Arbiter and The Oracle.
> 3. Delta Halo and Regret.
> 4. The Sacred Icon and Quarantine Zone.
>
> If they had done so, then the campaign would’ve had an even 10 missions, just like all the rest.

Because then each level would have been soooooooooooooo long. The Halo 2 missions are already (I think) the longest in the game, there is no point extending them.

Yea i always wondered why they didn’t do this with halo 3, odst and reach. It would have made them longer.

> > I love this game, but I have always wondered why half of the levels were extended into a whole other mission. They could’ve easily combined:
> >
> > 1. Outskirts and Metropolis.
> > 2. The Arbiter and The Oracle.
> > 3. Delta Halo and Regret.
> > 4. The Sacred Icon and Quarantine Zone.
> >
> > If they had done so, then the campaign would’ve had an even 10 missions, just like all the rest.
>
> Because then each level would have been soooooooooooooo long. The Halo 2 missions are already (I think) the longest in the game, there is no point extending them.

The only one that seemed long was QZ. All the other ones seemed short in comparison.
I like to think of them as checkpoints of a bigger mission. Sorta like how H3+Reach had checkpoints that you could start at.