Halo 2 bug...

So I’ve been trying to play my Halo 2 on my 360, and on every campaign mission I have a ‘ghost’ shape in the middle of my screen that won’t disappear. It’s really getting frustrating, because it screws up my aim and stuff. Anybody know what might be going on?

It is one of the many problems of the Xbox 360’s compatibility with Original Xbox games.

Nothing you can do about it sadly :confused:

The 360’s emulator isn’t that great. Sometimes you may get double vision or spots or ghosting or etc.

I’m not sure but when they attempted to upgrade the graphics slightly from the original Xbox they may have created these issues.

What you can do is find a cheap original Xbox and this problem goes away.

Another thing you can try is restarting the level or turning off your Xbox and on again.

It was annoying to me as well as it would trigger in certain levels almost in the same areas as before and I’d have to play the level a few times for it not to trigger (if I remember correctly).

> The 360’s emulator isn’t that great. Sometimes you may get double vision or spots or ghosting or etc.
>
> I’m not sure but when they attempted to upgrade the graphics slightly from the original Xbox they may have created these issues.
>
> <mark>What you can do is find a cheap original Xbox and this problem goes away</mark>.
>
>
> Another thing you can try is restarting the level or turning off your Xbox and on again.
>
> It was annoying to me as well as it would trigger in certain levels almost in the same areas as before and I’d have to play the level a few times for it not to trigger (if I remember correctly).

This, I have an original box just to play H2.

> The 360’s emulator isn’t that great. Sometimes you may get double vision or spots or ghosting or etc.
>
> I’m not sure but when they attempted to upgrade the graphics slightly from the original Xbox they may have created these issues.
>
> What you can do is find a cheap original Xbox and this problem goes away.
>
>
> Another thing you can try is restarting the level or turning off your Xbox and on again.
>
> It was annoying to me as well as it would trigger in certain levels almost in the same areas as before and I’d have to play the level a few times for it not to trigger (if I remember correctly).

Strange. I’ve never had a single issue with Halo 2 ever on my 360.

> Strange. I’ve never had a single issue with Halo 2 ever on my 360.

I haven’t either. Granted, I don’t play it all that often so that could be part of the reason I haven’t spotted any issues yet, but the times I have I haven’t noticed anything.

I still have my original Xbox that I will sometimes use to play Halo 2 just for fun… with the original huge Xbox controller. That thing is amazing!

It’s called Screen Burn. Kind of like an HD TV would get. Just save the game and return to the Main Menu, or to Dashboard. It’s inconvenient but it’ should resolve your issue