Halo 2 best in series?

Halo 2 was my favorite out of the series so far. The campaign & MP were so much fun & challenging at the same time. What do you all think?

Halo 2 was my favourite as well.

I cant count the hours my cousins and I spent playing Halo 2 lol. Time well spent.

I just played a couple of Halo 2 games online by using XBC. Gotta say, I do not feel like I’ve missed anything.

That game should’ve been called “Battle Rifle”, considering how pitiful the weapon sandbox was. Also, is it just me, or do the Plasma Grenades seem to be at their strongest here? Seriously, there seems to be very little time between when the grenade hits the ground and when it explodes. Not to mention that the blast radius and damage is on par with a frag grenade. Midship can go die in a fire.

Also, half of the campaign sucked.

> I just played a couple of Halo 2 games online by using XBC. Gotta say, I do not feel like I’ve missed anything.
>
> That game should’ve been called “Battle Rifle”, considering how pitiful the weapon sandbox was. Also, is it just me, or do the Plasma Grenades seem to be at their strongest here? Seriously, there seems to be very little time between when the grenade hits the ground and when it explodes. Not to mention that the blast radius and damage is on par with a frag grenade. Midship can go die in a fire.
>
> Also, half of the campaign sucked.

haha chill bro. That’s your opinion and I respect that, but if you see it from my perspective back in 04’-05’ Halo 2 was crucial. It was because there was no Halo 3 & Reach but truthfully i’m ready to play 4 already, getting tired of waiting. But yeah man I respect your opinion but chill out fam, it’s just a game. Good to some, not so much to others you know.

Halo 2 was the best game of all time.

I loved mastering these combos:
BXR - punch and quickshot
RRX YY RRX - double shot

RRX YY RRX - double shot

RRX YY RRX - double shot

wow… my bad… horrible connection

Halo 2 was my favorite in the series, specifically because it introduced me to video games.
I have many fond memories of playing at my cousins house…
And, over-all, it was revolutionary and yes, does deserve the title of best in the series.

Halo 2 … you are being missed everytime we the Halo community picks up the controller. Or not guys ?

Halo 2 and 3 are both my favorites.

I liked Halo 2 a lot, but my favorite was Combat Evolved.

Originally Posted by: AlphaBenson
I just played a couple of Halo 2 games online by using XBC. Gotta say, I do not feel like I’ve missed anything.

That game should’ve been called “Battle Rifle”, considering how pitiful the weapon sandbox was. Also, is it just me, or do the Plasma Grenades seem to be at their strongest here? Seriously, there seems to be very little time between when the grenade hits the ground and when it explodes. Not to mention that the blast radius and damage is on par with a frag grenade. Midship can go die in a fire.

Also, half of the campaign sucked.

iiTURN UP—
haha chill bro. That’s your opinion and I respect that, but if you see it from my perspective back in 04’-05’ Halo 2 was crucial. It was because there was no Halo 3 & Reach but truthfully i’m ready to play 4 already, getting tired of waiting. But yeah man I respect your opinion but chill out fam, it’s just a game. Good to some, not so much to others you know.

Duffman2390—
Don’t be upset iiTURN UP brother, this guy obviously plays more call of duty than halo, and was out playing tag with his elementary friends while you and I were hooking up a LAN party.

Halo 2 was my favorite.

Halo 2 wasn’t my Favorite Halo game (if were just comparing it to halo 1, 2 and 3) but I can still remember pouring untold hours into it as an little kid. Of the series Halo 3 was my Favorite but there will always be a unique ans special place for Halo 2 in my heart.

sobs

Halo CE and Halo 2…were the best games in the world. I just played them both again, and I’m ashamed to admit (really) that I cried for an hour. :smiley:

Hands down the best multiplayer game - even to this date, in my opinion. Halo 2 WAS my childhood - and not afraid to publicly announce this. :wink:

I was in college when Halo 2 was released. My best friend and I picked up our copies at the midnight launch with hundreds of other excited gamers (I had bought an Xbox of my own a week prior in anticipation) before heading back to campus. I remember realizing at 3AM that just about every apartment on my floor was rocking some Halo 2 (awesome!)

For a console gamer, there had been nothing like this. Sooooo many hours spent in multiplayer. This was my first love when it comes to games. Some things I remember most:

Beam Rifle
Noob Combo
Clans (remember that?)
The Scarab
Flag bounce

Great, great game!

It’s definitely up there. If I had to rank them all, it would be…

Halo 2
Halo 4
Halo 3
Halo CE
Halo 3: ODST
Halo Reach
Halo Wars

Really surprised by Halo 4’s campaign, but it’s not good enough to be the best. Pretty much everything about Halo 2 I really like. From the amazing soundtrack to the surreal environment (Looking past the fact visually they’re a tad outdated)