Halo 2 As A F2P Launch For XB1?

Mods, please don’t move this, it should be allowed since this is a suggestion for a Halo game being on XB1.

Anyway, since we likely won’t have a Halo game until mid to end of 2014, and I doubt Halo 4’s population could really last that long (for arguable reasons), I came up with the idea of making a quick HD remake of Halo 2’s matchmaking, campaign if possible as well. And being free.

This would compete with the PS4’s F2P games, and likely boost sales of the XB1 by a fair bit, as well as boost some more interest in Halo as well as gather a great deal of feedback for the next main Halo title.

This would also be a bit early for the Halo 2 anniversary, but… It’s nice getting awesome stuff a bit early. :slight_smile:

That’s risky. Really risky. If it doesn’t produce enough hype to sell any more copies of Halo 5 than normal, it’s a non-advantageous money sink.

Besides, i don’t really know if the public even wants a Halo 2 that badly. People who haven’t played Halo (unlikely) might have been sold by Halo Anniversary edition due to the classicness and polish of it but I don’t think that’s gonna fly for Halo 2.

It’s a boy late for that. Nobody can make a good game in three months, not even a remake. Xbox One is getting Project Spark and one character of Killer Instinct (but you can play against all the characters) for free, though. Hopefully this trend will continue…

> That’s risky. Really risky. If it doesn’t produce enough hype to sell any more copies of Halo 5 than normal, it’s a non-advantageous money sink.
>
> Besides, i don’t really know if the public even wants a Halo 2 that badly. People who haven’t played Halo (unlikely) might have been sold by Halo Anniversary edition due to the classicness and polish of it but I don’t think that’s gonna fly for Halo 2.

I know it’s next to impossible for it to be done in 3 months, but I don’t think there would be much aversion to playing and updated version of it.

Just the presence of a Halo game that’s free to play would be a big draw for me.

But you are right, there is the chance of hurt sales, but either way I think sales will be hurt. Looking at this, Halo 4 is struggling to stay ahead of a two year old game now.

Even if it took a little while to make, have it come out near the end of the year and call it a gift to their fans, I don’t see it being that much of a problem since didn’t it only take Halo CE Anniversary 9 months to make?

> > That’s risky. Really risky. If it doesn’t produce enough hype to sell any more copies of Halo 5 than normal, it’s a non-advantageous money sink.
> >
> > Besides, i don’t really know if the public even wants a Halo 2 that badly. People who haven’t played Halo (unlikely) might have been sold by Halo Anniversary edition due to the classicness and polish of it but I don’t think that’s gonna fly for Halo 2.
>
> I know it’s next to impossible for it to be done in 3 months, but I don’t think there would be much aversion to playing and updated version of it.
>
> Just the presence of a Halo game that’s free to play would be a big draw for me.
>
> But you are right, there is the chance of hurt sales, but either way I think sales will be hurt. Looking at this, Halo 4 is struggling to stay ahead of a two year old game now.
>
> Even if it took a little while to make, have it come out near the end of the year and call it a gift to their fans, I don’t see it being that much of a problem since didn’t it only take Halo CE Anniversary 9 months to make?

It can be done, but I don’t think they are planning to do it. I would love a Halo 2A, though…

That would be super risky, F2P games depend on the ‘freemium’ business model which relies on microtransactions, a business model that Im not overly sure would work for a Halo game.

Besides, HD remakes, at least to the quality of Halo: Anniversary, would take a long while, especially with most of 343 already developing for the next Halo title.

> That would be super risky, F2P games depend on the ‘freemium’ business model which relies on microtransactions, a business model that Im not overly sure would work for a Halo game.
>
> Besides, HD remakes, at least to the quality of Halo: Anniversary, would take a long while, especially with most of 343 already developing for the next Halo title.

I think 343i had an outside company to do most of the leg work on the CE Anniversary, and I don’t see it being an issue to impliment microtransactions into the game either, it could launch with a respectable number of maps, but make additional map bundles at a cheap price to generate money as well as doing the same for campaign.

If they aren’t considering it now then it most likely will not happen.