Halo 2: Arcade Edition

I have always had this idea for this ever since Halo 2 got taken offline.

Make an arcade game out of Halo 2. It sounds silly but hear me out here. Take 5 or 6 maps from Halo 2 and put them in. Let’s just go with the most popular and say, Lockout, Midship, Sanctuary, Turf, Beaver Creek & Warlock. Put in 3 gametypes, Team Slayer, Capture The Flag & Oddball. Have a matchmaking with a few playlist, Team Slayer, Team Doubles, Big Team Battle & whatever else the community wants the most and most importantly, custom games.

I would say this would be around like 1.5-2gbs. I would sell it for somewhere around 2400 microsoft points. I know this would be a big hit.

Does anyone else agree? I loved Halo 2. It wouldn’t be a bust, I just know it.

This would be a bigger hit than Halo: CE Anniversary.

> This would be a bigger hit than Halo: CE Anniversary.

What he said.

2400 for just the ‘most popular’ parts? That’s very subjective. While the maps and gametypes you listed are good…still subjective.

I’d be all over it in a blink if it were the full multiplayer with the terrible glitches patched. Super bounce, button combos. Say what you want, especially about combos, but Bungie gave their opinion on those and they hated it, if an Arcade edition was made, I’d want it to be faithful to what Bungie really wanted.

> This would be a bigger hit than Halo: CE Anniversary.

He’s right… I would never get off of it… I’d probably die from dehydration and starvation.

> 2400 for just the ‘most popular’ parts? That’s very subjective. While the maps and gametypes you listed are good…still subjective.
>
>
> I’d be all over it in a blink if it were the full multiplayer with the terrible glitches patched. Super bounce, button combos. Say what you want, especially about combos, but Bungie gave their opinion on those and they hated it, if an Arcade edition was made, I’d want it to be faithful to what Bungie really wanted.

I just wrote some stuff up there, they were always the maps that I saw people liking the most and playing the most.

Of course, they could change up the maps and stuff.

Keep it to old school Halo 2. The super bouncing was a huge part of why I had fun in Halo 2. Trying to do the X Building Bounce on Headlong or trying to find your own bounces, it was so much fun.

The BXR and BXB were key also. They weren’t too hard to do, it was just something you had to practice and could get you out of sticky situations.

> > 2400 for just the ‘most popular’ parts? That’s very subjective. While the maps and gametypes you listed are good…still subjective.
> >
> >
> > I’d be all over it in a blink if it were the full multiplayer with the terrible glitches patched. Super bounce, button combos. Say what you want, especially about combos, but Bungie gave their opinion on those and they hated it, if an Arcade edition was made, I’d want it to be faithful to what Bungie really wanted.
>
> I just wrote some stuff up there, they were always the maps that I saw people liking the most and playing the most.
>
> Of course, they could change up the maps and stuff.
>
> Keep it to old school Halo 2. The super bouncing was a huge part of why I had fun in Halo 2. Trying to do the X Building Bounce on Headlong or trying to find your own bounces, it was so much fun.
>
> The BXR and BXB were key also. They weren’t too hard to do, it was just something you had to practice and could get you out of sticky situations.

I still remain the same on button combos, Halo isn’t Street Fighter, shouldn’t be played as such as Bungie did their damn well best to keep those glitches out of the next games.

However, for super bounces, in MM only there could be the Return to Battle messages if you get to a not meant to be played part of the map. But only in MM.

> > > 2400 for just the ‘most popular’ parts? That’s very subjective. While the maps and gametypes you listed are good…still subjective.
> > >
> > >
> > > I’d be all over it in a blink if it were the full multiplayer with the terrible glitches patched. Super bounce, button combos. Say what you want, especially about combos, but Bungie gave their opinion on those and they hated it, if an Arcade edition was made, I’d want it to be faithful to what Bungie really wanted.
> >
> > I just wrote some stuff up there, they were always the maps that I saw people liking the most and playing the most.
> >
> > Of course, they could change up the maps and stuff.
> >
> > Keep it to old school Halo 2. The super bouncing was a huge part of why I had fun in Halo 2. Trying to do the X Building Bounce on Headlong or trying to find your own bounces, it was so much fun.
> >
> > The BXR and BXB were key also. They weren’t too hard to do, it was just something you had to practice and could get you out of sticky situations.
>
> I still remain the same on button combos, Halo isn’t Street Fighter, shouldn’t be played as such as Bungie did their damn well best to keep those glitches out of the next games.
>
>
> However, for super bounces, in MM only there could be the Return to Battle messages if you get to a not meant to be played part of the map. But only in MM.

I’m so for the button combos because that is what separated the people who played Halo casually and who played it a lot. There SHOULD be a skill gap and it should be a huge. A player that practices everything and plays every day should always beat a player who plays casually. The button combos were key to making the skill gap as big as it was in Halo 2.

A player who practiced everyday could beat a casual in Halo 3 also.

> A player who practiced everyday could beat a casual in Halo 3 also.

Not always true. I know multiple people who were professional Halo 2 players and played casual Halo 3 because they quit and would burn kids in Halo 3 who were 50s.

Most Halo 3 50s are boosted or bought. Maybe something about a Lone Wolf 50 doesn’t quite give you as much skill as needed also, dunno.

I know I could wreck 50s also, but the legit ones it was very close, sometimes I won, sometimes they did. However if it were a legit MLG 50, I’d be done. Simple.

Let’s not dwell over what number can beat what number because in any game the greater number is not always greater.

> Most Halo 3 50s are boosted or bought. Maybe something about a Lone Wolf 50 doesn’t quite give you as much skill as needed also, dunno.
>
>
> I know I could wreck 50s also, but the legit ones it was very close, sometimes I won, sometimes they did. However if it were a legit MLG 50, I’d be done. Simple.
>
>
> Let’s not dwell over what number can beat what number because in any game the greater number is not always greater.

I agree with that haha.

Well, I hope there will be a lot more people who support this and maybe 343i can take a look at this!

> > This would be a bigger hit than Halo: CE Anniversary.
>
> He’s right… I would never get off of it… I’d probably die from dehydration and starvation.

Same here man

> > This would be a bigger hit than Halo: CE Anniversary.
>
> What he said.

my butt is totally on it.

I wouldn’t leave to go to the bathroom… Id buy it for sure. If button combos/super bounces were removed, and used the same engine as Halo 2, then I would be one happy camper.

As someone who never experience the apparent “Glory Days” of Halo 2, I would freakin’ love this. If it was as good as people say it was I’d never leave my house.

> Most Halo 3 50s are boosted or bought. Maybe something about a Lone Wolf 50 doesn’t quite give you as much skill as needed also, dunno.
>
>
> I know I could wreck 50s also, but the legit ones it was very close, sometimes I won, sometimes they did. However if it were a legit MLG 50, I’d be done. Simple.
>
>
> Let’s not dwell over what number can beat what number because in any game the greater number is not always greater.

Uh no. Completely false. I earned a 50 in Halo 3 quite early from when it was released and played hundreds if not thousands of other 50’s during Halo 3’s lifespan. I can assure you that 98% of them were legit. The only ones that had no business being a 50 were SWAT 50’s.

On topic, a arcade version of Halo 2 would be awesome. I doubt 343i would do this however due to Halo 2 PC. If it was to happen, I would like the game to be identical to the original just like they’re doing for Halo CE Anniversery.

>come to thread
>people want an exact remake of Halo 2 multiplayer
>people want to leave out glitches

Exact remake is exact remake. Button combo lovers are a staggering affinity in comparison to the ones who wouldn’t want them in. Glitches stay in to keep the game true. Glitches stay in to finally have another game with a skill gap.

I’d prefer that they just make a Halo 2 Anniversary when Halo 4, 5, or 6 comes out.