Halo 2 Anniversery

Maybe on 343 one year anniversery or something, they should make a Halo 2 Anniversery.
What do you think? Let me know.

There is no special occasion to remake Halo 2, Halo CEA exists for the 10 year anniversary.

An anniversary would be a good tribute to the best game ever. I’m not seeing a down side to it as a Halo 2 fan. Even if they mess it up horribly (i.e. didn’t have MP of Halo 2 on XBL again), at least it would be a tribute.

I don’t care if it’s a tribute, who it upsets, or what it stands for, I just want to play it.

> Maybe on 343 one year anniversery or something, they should make a Halo 2 Anniversery.
> What do you think? Let me know.

Maybe if Bungie took control of the remake.

We all know how 343’s version of CE came out.

In my opinion, Halo 2 doesn’t need remastering! All it needs is 4 player co-op on xbox live for campaign, and its ultimate multi player experience untouched by worthless updates, also a theatre would be nice :slight_smile:

> In my opinion, Halo 2 doesn’t need remastering! All it needs is 4 player co-op on xbox live for campaign, and its ultimate multi player experience untouched by worthless updates, also a theatre would be nice :slight_smile:

One Word: Graphics.

> There is no special occasion to remake Halo 2, Halo CEA exists for the 10 year anniversary.

No special occasion? You keep saying that as if it means something. How about a 10 year anniversary for Halo 2, the xbox 360 and for the 10 years when Live really took off and dominated. All three are within 4 months of each other and all three are intertwined. That could and should be used by MS as a selling point for a 10 year anniversary bigger than CE.

As far as I know, MS is not in the habit of passing up big time profits.

I would be so pumped for this!!! It needs 4 player coop, remastered graphics, and original multiplayer. I would love to see all of the mp maps return, with new ones added that were inspired by the game. Would also love to see an updated custom game system. TOWER OF POWER

You guys didn’t hear that Frankie sort of hinted at a Halo 2 anniversary on Neogaf did you.

> There is no special occasion to remake Halo 2, Halo CEA exists for the 10 year anniversary.

Xbox Live’s 10th Anniversary. No game made that happen more than Halo 2.

> > There is no special occasion to remake Halo 2, Halo CEA exists for the 10 year anniversary.
>
> Xbox Live’s 10th Anniversary. No game made that happen more than Halo 2.

CEA was the 10 year Anniversary of Halo, not the Xbox.

Also, XBL came out in 2002.

> > > There is no special occasion to remake Halo 2, Halo CEA exists for the 10 year anniversary.
> >
> > Xbox Live’s 10th Anniversary. No game made that happen more than Halo 2.
>
> CEA was the 10 year Anniversary of Halo, not the Xbox.
>
> Also, XBL came out in 2002.

Yeah XBL came out in 2002 and wasn’t even close to what could be. H2 and the 360 took Live to a level MS had not dreamed about, so the modern Live we have today, right now, started with Halo 2, imo. That is the 10 years when Live came into it’s own and dominated a fierce industry. All three, H2, 360 and <mark>360 Live</mark> should and will celebrate a 10 year anniversary in 2014.

> Yeah XBL came out in 2002 and wasn’t even close to what could be. H2 and the 360 took Live to a level MS had not dreamed about, so the modern Live we have today, right now, started with Halo 2, imo. That is the 10 years when Live came into it’s own and dominated a fierce industry. All three, H2, 360 and <mark>360 Live</mark> should and will celebrate a 10 year anniversary in 2014.

I’m not sure how you figure it would be a 10 year anniversary for the 360. The 360 wasn’t even announced until mid 2005, and it wasn’t released until more than a year after Halo 2.

> > Yeah XBL came out in 2002 and wasn’t even close to what could be. H2 and the 360 took Live to a level MS had not dreamed about, so the modern Live we have today, right now, started with Halo 2, imo. That is the 10 years when Live came into it’s own and dominated a fierce industry. All three, H2, 360 and <mark>360 Live</mark> should and will celebrate a 10 year anniversary in 2014.
>
> I’m not sure how you figure it would be a 10 year anniversary for the 360. The 360 wasn’t even announced until mid 2005, and it wasn’t released until more than a year after Halo 2.

H2 and the 360 were intertwined through Live, nobody can dispute that and a year is close enough to realize that one made the other and vise verse. They can call it the 10th anniversary of H2 and a celebration of the 360 and Live as a big part of those 10 years, the advertisers will think up something. They can’t really celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the 360 later and nothing for H2. Regardless, they have a goldmine coming up in less than 3 years so I believe they will take advantage of the opportunities.

Or 343i could just make the damn game without having to justify themselves to the few people who can’t seem to stop whining about it being pointless or somehow ruining Halo’s reputation.

> Or 343i could just make the damn game without having to justify themselves to the few people who can’t seem to stop whining about it being pointless or somehow ruining Halo’s reputation.

Lol, this is what I should have said.

why does halo 2 deserve an anniversary edition? It was good but it was just a sequel; nothing more.

> why does halo 2 deserve an anniversary edition? It was good but it was just a sequel; nothing more.

If you don’t play MP, I could see your point. However, H2 was significant to MS and to Live players because before the 360 came out, H2 captured the online gaming world and took it to a new level. MS should appreciate what H2 did for the 360, it was a lousy machine with more units sent back than any console ever and yet H2 Live was so good that people put up with the terrible hardware just to keep playing Live. I went through three machines myself.

Live, right now, owes thanks in part to H2…not CE. This is one reason why H2 should be celebrated, another reason is to make a big pile of money, which MS will not turn away from, imo.

> why does halo 2 deserve an anniversary edition? It was good but it was just a sequel; nothing more.

The game doesn’t deserve anything; a game can’t deserve anything. If I may be so pretentious as to say it, it’s the dedicated fans who deserve Halo 2: Anniversary.