Halo 2 Anniversary? Who Wants One.

on november 9th 2004 my (2nd) favorite halo game released and it was such a good game i would play it nonstop missing school and all. Now nearly 7 years later it marks the anniversary of the first halo . why not celebrate a halo 2 anniversary. it told much more story and its gameplay is awesome and playing as the arbiter was one of the best twist in all the halo games. A halo 2 anniversary would be awesome. Landing on delta halo with other ODST in mind boggeling HD, Killing tartarus while screaming how the -Yoink- do i kill this guy on split screen with friends and being able to watch halo 2 ending with xbox 360 graphics would make my dream. Comment below if you want one

Official thread confirmation by 343i on page 6 comment# 3

Edit #1: I made a new forum thread called HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY? WHO WANTS ONE (PART 2)and is the same topic conversation but there is a poll to vote for one if you want one or dont. Please go check it out and vote

New Thread Here:
http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postsm719332_Halo-2-Anniversary--Who-Wants-One--part-2.aspx#post719332

3 more years, 3 more years, 3 more years

Yes make this game

But yes, remake all the way!!!

I do. I do. I do.

wow thats a lot i do’s. Not as much as me tho :slight_smile: cause i want it more

YES!!
Make it happen 343 :slight_smile:

> YES!!
> Make it happen 343 :slight_smile:

i hope they do

No one wants it more than me…

> No one wants it more than me…

we will see about that

Yes please! untouch mutliplayer also :slight_smile:

Three more years sounds like a decent amount of time for them to develop a Halo 2 Anniversary. I doubt it will have Multiplayer also. If anything it will be like this Anniversary with Maps for Halo 4.

As you all know, as soon as Halo Anniversary was announced it spawned rumours of an eventual Halo 2 Anniversary aswell. I know its a possibility but, if any Administrators see this, im saying at least for my opinion dont make that game.

The Halo series has been amazing. No one expected the success of Halo Combat Evolved so a 10 Year Anniversary and celebration of the Franchise as well as Bungies goodbye was a great and amazing idea.

However its only amazing as a one time thing, making Halo 2 Anniversary would just be the start of ‘Milking’ the halo franchise for money. Cause why wouldnt you eventually remake all the halo games on newer consoles if youve already started the first ones.

Im not saying stop making Halo games, there will always be New Consoles & New Games, so keep making new games, but Halo Anniversary is special as a one time thing. Dont Ruin the Halo Franchise by ‘Milking’ it which sadly happens to every other series.

I love and care for these games and universe. I know you also want to do right by Halo and the Fans, so just take what i said into consideration.
Thanks.

> As you all know, as soon as Halo Anniversary was announced it spawned rumours of an eventual Halo 2 Anniversary aswell. I know its a possibility but, if any Administrators see this, im saying at least for my opinion dont make that game.
>
> The Halo series has been amazing. No one expected the success of Halo Combat Evolved so a 10 Year Anniversary and celebration of the Franchise as well as Bungies goodbye was a great and amazing idea.
>
> However its only amazing as a one time thing, making Halo 2 Anniversary would just be the start of ‘Milking’ the halo franchise for money. Cause why wouldnt you eventually remake all the halo games on newer consoles if youve already started the first ones.
>
> Im not saying stop making Halo games, there will always be New Consoles & New Games, so keep making new games, but Halo Anniversary is special as a one time thing. Dont Ruin the Halo Franchise by ‘Milking’ it which sadly happens to every other series.
>
> I love and care for these games and universe. I know you also want to do right by Halo and the Fans, so just take what i said into consideration.
> Thanks.

This^ Couldn’t agree even more.

I don’t… >_> PROBLEM?

Although I would love to see a HD Halo 2; this makes a lot of sense.

No I don’t, maybe a port. Halo 2 is a masterpiece plus it took a lot of time making it. Sure Halo 2 was what really started it all, but Halo: CE was their first game and it deserves this anniversary gift because it’s considered the one of the first (perhaps the very first) highly successful FPS on console. Halo 2 also does deserve something special in it’s anniversary, but not a remake, but rather something else that may satisfy the players also like releasing some lost contents or bunch of map remakes or something.

> No I don’t, maybe a port. Halo 2 is a masterpiece plus it took a lot of time making it. Sure Halo 2 was what really started it all, but Halo: CE was their first game and it deserves this anniversary gift because it’s considered the one of the first (perhaps the very first) highly successful FPS on console. Halo 2 also does deserve something special in it’s anniversary, but not a remake, but rather something else that may satisfy the players also like releasing some lost contents or bunch of map remakes or something.

As much as I would like a HD remake, I would be more than willing to play it as a simple port with live added. Halo 2 didn’t start it all, Halo CE did. Halo 2 just introduced Halo to XBL and got even more popular there.

I’d rather play Halo 2 and lose than play Reach and win. I never played Halo 2 in the old days so you can’t say nostalgia is talking. I compared the gameplay and I was like… wow this is way harder but I had so much more enjoyment with my deaths than frustrations.

A port with live would be more than enough to me.

I agree, plus then it would be stupid not to make halo 3 hd which would be stupid re-making the origional while making the reclaimer trilogy