Halo 2 Anniversary version of "Blow Me Away"

Remember in Halo 2 when Breaking Benjamin’s “Blow Me Away” was just an instrumental in the mission “Gravemind”? Well, if there is going to be a Halo 2 Anniversary this year, 343I is definitely going to have another awesome remastered soundtrack for the game.

So for the remastered track wouldn’t it be awesome if they put in the full song of “Blow Me Away”, which is also including the vocals this time? It would make the battle with the Elites, Hunters, and Brutes even more badass. :slight_smile:

Nah, I don’t think so. That kind of music doesn’t really suit Halo. The instrumental version is great, but the vocals would kinda ruin it.

Nope. Don’t like Breaking Benjamin at all, personally. I’m a Heldmaschine man.

If I recall correctly, during the dev commentary playthrough, Marty O’Donnel stated that they implemented that soundtrack because they had to rush the music. Marty O’Donnel did not have enough time to compose a song so they just ripped the vocals out of blow me away.

> If I recall correctly, during the dev commentary playthrough, Marty O’Donnel stated that they implemented that soundtrack because they had to rush the music. Marty O’Donnel did not have enough time to compose a song so they just ripped the vocals out of blow me away.

Same reason for Incubus during the Banshee fight. Steve Vai during the intro was the only that was well accepted by the devs

Incubus and Breaking Benjamin are a couple of my personal favorites, also BB has a “epic movie” edginess.

This will probably go unchanged. Maybe clearer audio.

I don’t actually think they would have to remaster that track; I would not like it if they added the vocals, it wouldn’t fit.

They could do a few things… They could stick with the instrumental, they could go with the vocals, or they could go with the remade version of Blow Me Away featuring Valora.

Instrumental

w/ lyrics

remade ft. Valora

They can’t however, redo blow me away with Breaking Benjamin. I’m pretty sure they’re broken up at the moment.

That was the theme song for xbox live back in the day!

I’m sure they would either keep it as is or use the ft. Valora version.

I love the song but i think the vocals need to stay out. it doesnt fit

I would prefer it to be without vocals.
I can’t think of a halo background soundtrack with vocals, so…

I hope they keep that song the way it is in the campaign.

I hope they keep the song or remaster it some how

I’d prefer they edited a different song over it, this cheesy rock track always felt out of place and jarring to me. I heard they have Steve Vai working on the remasters, id rather they put in a guitar track from him in with no vocals.

Wow, coming back to this thread, I didn’t realize many people weren’t fond of Breaking Benjamin’s song for Halo 2.

> I’d prefer they edited a different song over it, this cheesy rock track always felt out of place and jarring to me. <mark>I heard they have Steve Vai working on the remasters</mark>, id rather they put in a guitar track from him in with no vocals.

Where’d you hear he’s coming back.

> They could do a few things… They could stick with the instrumental, they could go with the vocals, or they could go with the remade version of Blow Me Away featuring Valora.
>
>
> Instrumental
>
> w/ lyrics
>
> remade ft. Valora
>
>
>
> They can’t however, redo blow me away with Breaking Benjamin. I’m pretty sure they’re broken up at the moment.

Please no, I like the original better. They could use the original version still. Also fun fact: If you listen closely when the song is playing you can actually hear the vocals. They made the vocals quieter.

They remastered the track and added Valora into the song. Her vocal clashed so much with the original…

IMHO they should leave it and just lay the remastered instrument track.

I would be fine if they put in either the instrumental from the original game (Or remaster the instrumental, whichever they choose for that route), or if they added the lyric version. Just not the Valora version, it wouldn’t fit at all.

I personally love that moment to death, I would replay ‘Gravemind’ just to get to that fight, hear the track as you fight and repeat the check point. That moment is definitely one of my favorite moments in the series, if not one of my favorite fire fights in any FPS.