Halo 2: Anniversary - Official Thread (Ideas)

Woah, Woah, Woah, WHOAH!!! You people already discussing Halo 5? Don’t you think a remake of <mark>Halo 2</mark> should come first?

Alot of halo gamers have been talking about a secret terminal in Halo CEA. It had shown how the heretics met the Oracle. And people, such as i, predicted that it’s a hint for Halo 2 remake. Should this game come this year, and one of the Xbox 720/Durango’s first games? Lol. Yeep. A remake for Halo 2 would so bring all the old fans back! When halo 2 was released, ALOT of people started playing halo. It was one of the best selling games on xbox. Imagine seeing Arbiter and brutes remastered? Halo started dying once halo reach was released. I didn’t have that halo feeling. Anyways let’s discuss ideas, shall we?

Graphics should look better than halo 4’s. It should look a little more realistic in the gameplay. In halo 4 it had interesting graphics but, the cutscenes looked so real! Halo 2 Anniversary should have realistic graphics in gameplay, and cutscenes.

Matchmaking/Custom games -Matchmaking and custom games should have the gametypes; Halo 2 Classic, Flood, Slayer, Team slayer, Team Battle Rifles, Team snipers, Space Slayer (A new gametype i’ve come up with, where you play space maps, and you can have banshee wars and those other space vehicles you can drive on halo reach), Big Team Battle,race, and Juggernaut. In custom games, you can create your own gametype. And in custom games hopefully for the new xbox, online matches can hold up to max of 24 players in one custom match. We should also make elites playable again. Make an Elite Slayer, 343i.

Forge -Halo 2 Anniversary should have it’s own forge, along with 2 large forge maps. There should be Forge Space:
A forge world in space, you can forge a space battle map, space cities, or just a ship. And the second major forge map… Forge World 2! This forge world can be as large as possible. We can build a whole UNSC base, cities, big war maps, and even natural places! We should have a new FX called “Flood” where if you’re forging a flood map, you can make it look floodish. And the weapons should be ALL weapons from all halo games. SMG,Magnum, and others!

Character Hub -In the character hub, there is where we can customize our spartans and elites. Even make our own loadouts and the original ranking system.

Spec Ops -This should be a new mode in the halo games. Almost like spartan ops but you get to play as an elite. The story is about a group of elites on the halo ring that lost contact with the arbiter and other elites. It begins right after the covenants betrayal to the elites. The elites are fighting off flood and brutes on the ring. They try to find their way back to the elite ships. They have an epic journey finding their way back to their ships. Once they get back to their ships, they start having war with the covenant. And the last episode for Spec Ops season 1, is about teaming up with the humans. And season 1 ends. (Forgot to include that there should be 2 seasons for this)Season 2 should be about fighting the covenant on earth. Helping the humans. And y’know just the average elite killing brutes that’s all. And when playing solo, you should at least still have team mates. Like, humans, grunts, and mainly elites. The elites and grunts follow you on every season, episode, and chapter. Your team mates:
Hunters
Elites
Grunts
Humans (for season 2)

Enemies:
Brutes
Jackals
Skirmishers
Drones
Sentinels
Flood

Firefight -I didn’t forget about firefight ^.^! How about a return of firefight. It can also count as flood survival. Just set enemies to flood. Nuff said.

Stuff i forgot -
Trip mines and all that other stuff should make a return. For halo 3 memories ^.^! In multiplayer and forge a return of brute choppers, elephants, and spectres. That would be amazing. And this one alot of you might agree with me on;
Make active camo normal. I hate when on halo 4 and reach, you move and your camo goes away. Camo should be like halo CEA, Halo 2, and halo 3’s camo. Make new assasinations too! Explain your ideas here and give me a feedback of my ideas. #MakeHalo2AnniversaryPossible

Spec Ops <3

I would like a halo 2 anniversary. But it’s a fact if halo 2 Anniversary comes out this year then it wouldn’t be Halo 2 anniversary but Halo 2: The remake, unless you want to celebrate the 9th anniversary of Halo 2. Halo 2 came out November 9th 2004, so really if 343 are/will make a Halo 2 remake it won’t be out this year. (this is just me being logical and bored :slight_smile: )

> I would like a halo 2 anniversary. But it’s a fact if halo 2 Anniversary comes out this year then it wouldn’t be Halo 2 anniversary but Halo 2: The remake, unless you want to celebrate the 9th anniversary of Halo 2. Halo 2 came out November 9th 2004, so really if 343 are/will make a Halo 2 remake it won’t be out this year. (this is just me being logical and bored :slight_smile: )

Its a good point OP.

> <mark>Firefight</mark> -I didn’t forget about firefight ^.^! How about a return of firefight. It can also count as flood survival. Just set enemies to flood. Nuff said.
>
> Stuff i forgot -
> Trip mines and all that other stuff should make a return. For <mark>halo 3 memories</mark> ^.^! In multiplayer and <mark>forge a return of brute choppers, elephants</mark>, and spectres. That would be amazing. And this one alot of you might agree with me on;
> Make active camo normal. I hate when on halo 4 and reach, you move and your camo goes away. Camo should be like halo CEA, Halo 2, and halo 3’s camo. Make <mark>new assasinations</mark> too! Explain your ideas here and give me a feedback of my ideas. #MakeHalo2AnniversaryPossible

Like I said earlier I’d love a Halo 2 Anniversary but to me, this sounds like Halo Threach (Halo 3 and Reach mixed together) with a remastered H2 Campaign. (still bored and logical!)

OK, I’ll admit you ideas are pretty cool but just don’t fit into Halo 2 anniversary, but more of… Bungies best halo stuff/things in 1 game!

> OK, I’ll admit you ideas are pretty cool but just don’t fit into Halo 2 anniversary, but more of… Bungies best halo stuff/things in 1 game!

No, I agree with your first of a dbl post. Let us have Halo 2, not some -Yoink!-, same weapons, same every -Yoink!- thing and let us toggle graphics. I can play CMP any time I want right now, so it’s the MP that needs an anniversary the most, it was eliminated from Live (along with the other xbox games) yet it was the game that heralded domination for MS Live… It’s the only Halo not on Live. H3 and up have all the bells and whistles and rainbow graphics so H2 is the only other remake/anniversary needed, imo.

H2 CMP does need several things…a skull menu and fix the screen shadows.

I would both love a Halo 2 Remake/Anniversary but I’m scared…

Halo 2 is EASILY the all time greatest FPS/Online/Multiplayer/Halo game of all time. I am very worried they will mess it up.

If they make one they need only up the graphics but for the love of GOD don’t change the engine and don’t make it just gametypes in 4. Halo 2 is a legend and the most amazing game of my life and it is NOT something you toy with!

> I would both love a Halo 2 Remake/Anniversary but I’m scared…
>
> Halo 2 is EASILY the all time greatest FPS/Online/Multiplayer/Halo game of all time. I am very worried they will mess it up.
>
> If they make one they need only up the graphics but for the love of GOD don’t change the engine and don’t make it just gametypes in 4. Halo 2 is a legend and the most amazing game of my life and it is NOT something you toy with!

I’m sure H2 anniversary will be good or better if 343 just remaster the graphics, fix a few bugs, keep all the easter eggs, add a skull menu, keep the classic multiplayer, keep the same maps, pre-order bonuses are the same as the original H2, keep the music awesome, re-make limited collectors edition and many other things. If you want me to continue just ask.

halo 2 is my favorite game ever and I hope they don’t attempt to ruin it by changing a lot, the original graphics didn’t look amazing, but they were so cool and amazing for there time, being able to use new and old graphics would be great. They should also do a remastered soundtrack and then have us be able to use the new soundtack, also redo all sounds but make them be able to be toggled off. I would like to see all the halo 2 maps, not just a few and then 1 from halo 3 or something like that. Adding forge and firefight would be a great add on. My favorite thing by far about halo 2 was the campaign, the campaign was perfect (and I’ve never said that for any game before). Anything you do to the campaign, make it be able to be toggled off, maybe you could change random combat lines or cut scenes but make them be able to be toggled off.

Just do a remake of halo 2 using the halo 3 engine, give it co-op over live, terminals, skulls, forge, firefight. If 343 were to do this I would be happy halo fan:)

Just update the graphics, fix the bugs and add Bumper Jumper as a control scheme and it would be a great game.

I agree with White ^.

Just give it a fresh coat of paint and sell it to us. That should take less than a few months to do. Everything is alreasy done, just update the graphics. Leave multiplayer out and I’d still buy it just for replaying the campaign with new graphics.

> just remaster the graphics, fix a few bugs, keep all the easter eggs, add a skull menu, keep the classic multiplayer, keep the same maps, pre-order bonuses are the same as the original H2, keep the music awesome, re-make limited collectors edition and many other things

i would be on board with this and it really needs to happen

as far as graphics go they don’t need some crazy overhaul they were fine aesthetically

just optimize for hd

ivory tower always looked way better than crappy over-polished reflection

> > as far as graphics go they don’t need some crazy overhaul they were fine aesthetically
> >
> > <mark>just optimize for hd</mark>
> >
> > ivory tower always looked way better than crappy over-polished reflection
>
> This

Halo CEA was just a way to introduce Halo series for the new players. Halo 2 Anniversary would just be unnecessary milking…

Just update the graphics halo 2 multiplayer was the best thing bungie ever did. ( other than create halo in the first place) and for the love of humanity don’t fix the bxr and double shot etc glitches. They made multiplayer so amazing. If 343 could do that I’d pay any amount of money to play it. Halo 2 needs to be online

Halo 2 needs to stay the same if (WHEN) they remake it. Don’t let the world down 343…

An extended ending.

Maybe one based off that comic that is set between Halo 2 and 3. Best case scenario, a brand new final level.

Halo CEA had firefight…