Halo 2 Anniversary including Online Play

343 done goofed not making Halo CE Anniv online capable. I understand though because Reach was still live and it would have, realistically, completely destroyed the online community for Halo Reach (and by any Halo fan that would have been fine.)

I come here to propose an idea.
Make Halo 2 Anniversary live. Halo 4 will still be online during this time but can’t we get passed that? Why not have two great Halo games online at one time? It’s easy money.

So to 343 I ask you, please take this into consideration.
Update the graphics for Halo 2 like you did for Halo CE Anniv. But this time include the online play. Leave the glitches, leave literally everything but the graphics the same. The Halo community would lose their marables. It’d be the best thing to happen to Halo, the come back of arguably the best Halo ever created.

To the Halo community, please support this idea.
Honestly I don’t see why any true Halo fan wouldn’t. Imagine a reimaged Midship, Sanctuary, Lockout, need I go on? MLG for Halo 2 was priceless. It was the primetime for MLG because it was a perfect game. Nothing feels better than landing a perfect clutch BXR or double shot. Nothing, in any Halo, has ever given me a similar feeling.
The simplicity of the BR and the sniper were magnificant. Pros were pros because they were leaps and bounds better at exploiting the glitches, knowledge of the logical spawns, the flow of the game in general. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not only focusing on the MLG side of Halo 2. BTB was equally as fun, glitching on top of Headlong with a Banshee and a sniper in your hands.

I miss those days… Don’t you?

Please dispute this idea. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I would love to play Halo 2 online, since I never got to. It would feel like going back in time.

So a pro means being able to exploit glitches… O.O and all this time I’ve been doing it wrong…
But I would love a Halo 2 remake. Not only for the updated graphics/achievements/1080p fabulosity (it remains my favorite campaign of all the Halo games slightly ahead of ODST) which we would probably see on the Xbox 720 but because I never got to play the halo 2 multiplayer either. I played CE on the PC and never had an original Xbox. It would have to be timed somehow so that it’s launch and multiplayer wouldn’t interfere with other Halo games.

Exploiting glitches does not make you a pro. In Halo 2, pros would exploit the BXR and double shot glitches, among a few others, to have an automatic advantage over the competition. Of course when it came to pros against pros you run into strategic play, movement around the map, awareness, a lot ties into it. I was just saying being filthy at BXRs and double shots certainly made you a better player. There’s no Halo 2 pro that couldn’t BXR or double shot with ease, put it that way. In Halo CE you had the backpack reload, grenade reload, etc.

I miss Halo 2 Online. XBC is still possible, but very limited to what people are actually playing.

I would love to see a High Def Campaign, with even a “Standard Def” Multiplayer (I’m compromising here, High Def MP would be soooooooo badass!!)

people ask for halo 2 anniversary, we know you just want a multiplayer remake. i still have halo 2 just go on xblkai/xbc.

I really hope it has the old multiplier,I never got to play it but I’ve heard it was so fun.

Honestly I liked how they did the CE without the multiplayer. The Original Halo didnt have online multiplayer. Halo 2 did have the online multiplayer and in my opinion i think they should split it into 2 disks 1 for campaign 1 for multiplayer like bungie did when they brought odst out. 1 disk was odst and firefight and the other was the halo 3 multiplayer with all the maps and map packs included. But with the Halo 2 Anniverary and its multiplayer. I think they should bring a mix of all of the maps from all of the Halo Trilogy (Halo 1 to Halo Reach) give the maps a few 343 tweaks to make them compatible with Halo 4 add all of the halo 4 multiplayer to it and release it with the Halo 2 Anniversary. I say add alot of the prior games because Its really not just the 10 year for Halo 2 its also the 10 year for the Halo Online experience as well. And honestly if Halo 2 never had the online multiplayer Halo 4 probably wouldnt be hear today. But Thats just my opinion.

Man, I still remember the good times of playing Halo 2…It was so nice and I had fun trying to get my 50 in almost every playlist lol but if they do remake Halo 2, just use the MP engine it had, don’t get me wrong Halo 4 is a good game but Halo 2’s in my thought was even better.

Halo 2 was totally ahead of it’s time. It was simple, fun, and had so many great features! The clan list, friends list, joining matchmaking as a group. Things we take for granted now! I’ve been hoping and praying for this remake since the servers were shut down in 2010. The campaign was a blast too! It was huge in comparison to H:CE and really had a great story! Seriously, a cliffhanger ending?! It was hated at the time, but ballsy. It built the hype for Halo 3 that much more! I have so many great memories and love hopping on H2PC still, but it doesn’t compare to the Xbox version! Here’s hoping E3 2013 has some news!!

They could update the graphics on Halo 2, release all the maps we loved from it, AAAAND add a forge and maybe a forge world? Would be the greatest thing to ever happen.

Unfortunately it won’t, 343 is from what i’ve seen so far a pretty terrible company that doesn’t truly understand what Halo fans want.

I made a post about this there now, asking someone to make a petition for this very thing. ppl -Yoinking!- about glitches. Come on, they can easily be fixed in a remake. Glitches aside it was the best halo. Anyone that says differently, truly does not understand the core halo experience. As for some posts about slapping it into halo 4, like Halo CE anniversary. -Yoink- you

> 343 done goofed not making Halo CE Anniv online capable. I understand though because Reach was still live and it would have, realistically, completely destroyed the online community for Halo Reach (and by any Halo fan that would have been fine.)
>
> I come here to propose an idea.
> Make Halo 2 Anniversary live. Halo 4 will still be online during this time but can’t we get passed that? Why not have two great Halo games online at one time? It’s easy money.
>
> So to 343 I ask you, please take this into consideration.
> Update the graphics for Halo 2 like you did for Halo CE Anniv. But this time include the online play. Leave the glitches, leave literally everything but the graphics the same. The Halo community would lose their marables. It’d be the best thing to happen to Halo, the come back of arguably the best Halo ever created.
>
> To the Halo community, please support this idea.
> Honestly I don’t see why any true Halo fan wouldn’t. Imagine a reimaged Midship, Sanctuary, Lockout, need I go on? MLG for Halo 2 was priceless. It was the primetime for MLG because it was a perfect game. Nothing feels better than landing a perfect clutch BXR or double shot. Nothing, in any Halo, has ever given me a similar feeling.
> The simplicity of the BR and the sniper were magnificant. Pros were pros because they were leaps and bounds better at exploiting the glitches, knowledge of the logical spawns, the flow of the game in general. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not only focusing on the MLG side of Halo 2. BTB was equally as fun, glitching on top of Headlong with a Banshee and a sniper in your hands.
>
> I miss those days… Don’t you?
>
> Please dispute this idea. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I WOULD LOVE THIS

(redundant post)

Give them a year or two and they probably will. Or just bring back Lockout for Halo 4, either one will work for me.

The reason Halo CE-A did not have its on online multiplayer was also because Halo 1 did not have a good net code (very reason co-op on Live is so laggy). Dont know why they didnt make offline version of CE multiplayer on the disc, though. I think this: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst145787_Halo-2--ARCADE.aspx is a better idea, and would be more accessible to newer players. We dont really need another anniversary game, one was enough, but still, new players should be able to play Halo 2. It is the only Halo game of the original trilogy NOT on games on demand (Halo 1 and 3 are on there, as well as Wars and Reach)