Halo 2: Anniversary, ideas.

Here’s my ideal halo 2 ann:

Halo 2 Anniversary

>Original, remastered campaign
>Original Multiplayer, featuring 5 remade maps (Burial mounds, Ascension, Foundation, Backwash, Relic)
>E3 2003 bonus level
>Halo 4 XXX armor (Pre-order)
>Making of dvd/blu-ray (Special edition)
>E3 2000 bonus level (After every achievement is unlocked)

Thoughts?

Just updated Graphics and original multiplayer and all of the multiplayer maps. NOTHING ELSE! Honestly I would prefer if they would just put it back online. If it was remade there would be no super jumps or button combos.

> Just updated Graphics and original multiplayer and all of the multiplayer maps. NOTHING ELSE! Honestly I would prefer if they would just put it back online. If it was remade there would be no super jumps or button combos.

Exactly this.

Superjumps used to be so fun and so was being able to button combo. It would be a completely different game to me if these weren’t present.

> Here’s my ideal halo 2 ann:
>
>
>
> Halo 2 Anniversary
>
> >Original, remastered campaign
> >Original Multiplayer, featuring 5 remade maps (Burial mounds, Ascension, Foundation, Backwash, Relic)
> >E3 2003 bonus level
> >Halo 4 XXX armor (Pre-order)
> >Making of dvd/blu-ray (Special edition)
> >E3 2000 bonus level (After every achievement is unlocked)
>
>
> Thoughts?

E3 2000 bonus level? E3 doesn’t have levels o3o. but seriously what is that?

My ideal Halo 2 Anniversary is this:

Original Campaign with remastered graphics.
Original music with a complete soundtrack re-release.
Original multiplayer with remastered graphics featuring all maps, including Vista-exclusives and DLC.
4 Bonus levels: Covenant Ship, E3 level, Forerunner Tank, and Dreadnought.
Map Editor and Forge.
Halo 3 Custom Games Options.
Custom Games Browsing and normal Matchmaking.
Theater support for Campaign and Multiplayer.
Firefight.

My realistic Halo 2 Anniversary is this:
Original Campaign with remastered graphics.
Original music with a complete soundtrack re-release.
Theater support for Campaign and Multiplayer.
10 Multiplayer maps for Halo 4.

> My ideal Halo 2 Anniversary is this:
>
> Original Campaign with remastered graphics.
> Original music with a complete soundtrack re-release.
> Original multiplayer with remastered graphics featuring all maps, including Vista-exclusives and DLC.
> 4 Bonus levels: Covenant Ship, E3 level, Forerunner Tank, and Dreadnought.
> Map Editor and Forge.
> Halo 3 Custom Games Options.
> Custom Games Browsing and normal Matchmaking.
> Theater support for Campaign and Multiplayer.
> Firefight.
>
> My realistic Halo 2 Anniversary is this:
> 10 Multiplayer maps for Halo 4.

What. no 4 player live co-op?

> > My ideal Halo 2 Anniversary is this:
> >
> > Original Campaign with remastered graphics.
> > Original music with a complete soundtrack re-release.
> > Original multiplayer with remastered graphics featuring all maps, including Vista-exclusives and DLC.
> > 4 Bonus levels: Covenant Ship, E3 level, Forerunner Tank, and Dreadnought.
> > Map Editor and Forge.
> > Halo 3 Custom Games Options.
> > Custom Games Browsing and normal Matchmaking.
> > Theater support for Campaign and Multiplayer.
> > Firefight.
> >
> > My realistic Halo 2 Anniversary is this:
> > Original Campaign with remastered graphics.
> > Original music with a complete soundtrack re-release.
> > Theater support for Campaign and Multiplayer.
> > 10 Multiplayer maps for Halo 4.
>
> What. no 4 player live co-op?

Oh right, that too.

> > > My ideal Halo 2 Anniversary is this:
> > >
> > > Original Campaign with remastered graphics.
> > > Original music with a complete soundtrack re-release.
> > > Original multiplayer with remastered graphics featuring all maps, including Vista-exclusives and DLC.
> > > 4 Bonus levels: Covenant Ship, E3 level, Forerunner Tank, and Dreadnought.
> > > Map Editor and Forge.
> > > Halo 3 Custom Games Options.
> > > Custom Games Browsing and normal Matchmaking.
> > > Theater support for Campaign and Multiplayer.
> > > Firefight.
> > >
> > > My realistic Halo 2 Anniversary is this:
> > > Original Campaign with remastered graphics.
> > > Original music with a complete soundtrack re-release.
> > > Theater support for Campaign and Multiplayer.
> > > 10 Multiplayer maps for Halo 4.
> >
> > What. no 4 player live co-op?
>
> Oh right, that too.

I think the live multiplayer was given, considering no one else mentioned and it is kind of expected.

Reason why Halo 2 is remembered is multiplayer. But truth is better if they make Halo 4 multiplayer with all that makes Halo 2 (and 3) fun, than make another fragmentation of Halo multiplayer scene (DLCs and many not-so-fun game modes in Halo 3/Reach are enough). Remastered Halo 2 should be made for campaign players. Right now I can sit with my woman and play through Reach then Anniversary then ODST then Halo 3 (what I’ve already done) but in between there is Halo 2 with dated (and glitchy for 360) graphics, vertical split screen and many small thing that will keep new gamers from it. In fact it’s better if 343 make functional Halo 2 game before Halo 4, that’s why I have few ideas which ring in my head lately:

Halo 2 campaign using Vista artwork (hi res textures etc.) working on Reach graphic engine. Reach engine should be similar enough to make port come quick and bug free, not to mention graphic effects like SSAO, motion blur, water etc. Physics settings same as old Halo 2 - both Halo 2 and Reach shares Havok, so it should be no problem. Some character models could be taken from Halo 3 (Johnson, Keyes etc.) to make it look less dated. Also Halo 3 control settings would be nice (as one of many options) because I like to reload each weapon seperate. Achivements from Halo Vista (and some new ones) and cooperation by Xbox Live is a must have.

All this for less than 1200 MS points and with access to Halo 4 beta this spring/summer.
Or even better: free Xbox 360 patch for anyone who already owns old Halo 2 disc (even if this “patch” is actually fully working downloaded game only checking if Halo 2 disc is inside console)

10th anniversary of Halo 2 will be 2 years after Halo 4, so it’ll be too late. 343i can “celebrate” it by selling DLC with Halo 2 remastered maps for Halo 4 (or even 5). For that time they can even make another mode for Halo 4 (or 5…) mp matchmaking called Halo 2 classic, with all weapons and physics taken straight from Halo 2, just to make those few fans happy. But for now there is a hole in Halo series for 360 that needs to be filled before Halo 4 starts another trilogy.

I really want a halo 2 remake to eventually happen. I first got into halo when my friend down the street got an original Xbox and halo 2. I loved it. But i never really got to experience halo 1 or even 2 (I did not get to play it very often.)

If they Remade Halo 2 I would be so happy. But the ODST’s would have to wear the Air Assault helmet with a silver visor.

LOL Backwash? Seriously? That is one of the maps you would choose if you could only pick 5? I thought Backwash and Gemini were two of the worst maps ever created. I would choose Turf, Lockout, Burial Mounds, Ascension and Terminal.

> LOL Backwash? Seriously? That is one of the maps you would choose if you could only pick 5? I thought Backwash and Gemini were two of the worst maps ever created. I would choose Turf, Lockout, Burial Mounds, Ascension and Terminal.

I would have liked the origional Lockout and Zanzibar

what i have to think about halo 2 is totaly same missions just put more better graphics. but think of halo 1 ann. it had halo reach muliplayer so just do some thing like that. i would really hope that it comes out in 2014 in Nov. because that was when it was made. i really hope i get that game. BYE :smiley:

Updated graphics but no change in gameplay, all multiplayer maps (or at least maps from launch), bumper jumper layout (it was awesome using bumper jumper in the Halo Anniversary Campaign).

Better yet though why not just release the original Halo 2 with dlc on xbox arcade for like $30.

I think a pc port of halo 2 anniversary should be a thing. we can now expect it to be coming out this year as the voice actor for master chief pretty much confirmed it.

Halo 2 on the pc was incredible and the fact that it was able to have a strong community from launch until it’s end last year is proof that it would be a great success if a “next gen” reboot was ported onto the pc.

I understand that bungie cut ties with microsoft which is why halo 3 - reach never came out on pc but I don’t see why 343 can’t bring that back and port it.

I will be happy either way but I know that there will be a massive pc community that will be syked to go back to what I personally think was the best story and multiplier out of any halo game!

I hope that many of you will agree and that this can be a thing this year!

> My ideal Halo 2 Anniversary is this:
>
> Original multiplayer with remastered graphics featuring all maps, including Vista-exclusives and DLC.
> 4 Bonus levels: Covenant Ship, E3 level, Forerunner Tank, and Dreadnought.
> Map Editor and Forge.
> Halo 3 Custom Games Options.
> Custom Games Browsing and normal Matchmaking.
> Firefight.
>
> My realistic Halo 2 Anniversary is this:
> 10 Multiplayer maps for Halo 4.

Pretty much this but I’ll be a little controversial and say that 343i should NOT include the BXR (and similar) glitches. I doubt everyone who used to play Halo 2 is going to return to play this because the barrier to entry is great, so to attract new players we shouldn’t have glitches that only veterans know.

Honestly the only thing they should do is the same thing they did with Halo CEA. Just make it look and sound better. DO NOT change the gameplay in anyway. Which was awesome about the CEA remake. Everything worked the same… aka super unbalanced, but thats how i remember playing it and thats how i loved playing it. So i hope they do the same thing for Halo 2.

Here’s what 343 should do with H2A:

1. Remastered maps except for the following: Headlong, Backwash, and Tombstone. Both are in Halo Reach while Backwash is remade in H4. Instead to replace them, bring maps that give us clues or hints to the next Halo game. 343 did this with Ridgeline.

2. Remastered models. 343 did this in CEA. The models they used were Reach Elites and the rest were models from Halo 3 but graphic overhaul. 343 must do this. If they use Halo 4 models, fans will be pissed. Plus the H4 ones don’t have alot of ranks at all and the marines are just aweful. Use only Reach or H3 models for this 343! We beg you to do this. NO HALO 4 MODELS!!!

3. Firefight. In Halo 2 there is one map in Mombasa that can be good for Firefight and others. In the first level of Mombasa as you go to the streets, Covenant will pour out all over the place. Let us have that as our Firefight map!

4. Theater. Why? Halo 4’s one sucked and alot of us really weren’t happy not having Theater for Campaign or Spartan Ops. Let us also take screenshots and films on screw ups and epic pictures! I love to do this with Halo 2. :slight_smile:

5. Most will not like this but…Forge or Custom Game? Even though it wasn’t introduced until Halo 3, wouldn’t not hurt to have it in Halo 2? If not that’s ok as long as we have Theater.

6. Beta key to next Halo game. Those that purchase Halo 2 will get access to the next Halo game to test out. Seriously 343 there’s bugs in H4 admit it. We need a beta so we can tell you what problems are occurring in the next Halo game. Let us help you!

7. Selected armors. Like in H3-4 we can customize our armors. However, if 343 goes with the models of the Elites and Spartans as default from ither Reach or H3, that will be fine. As long as it’s not H4. If they bring the armor sets for the Elites and some Spartans, we need to unlock them by achievements or something in order to obtain them.

Lastly. Make Halo 2 Anniversary for both XBox systems! It’s not fair to 360 players not to be able to play H2A on just one system and waste our money on it. Make it for both counsels. Then everyone will be happy!

Just dont ruin the multiplayer and I am fine. Make it shiny and new looking, but dont change a thing about the gameplay, the weapons, or the maps.