Halo 2 Anniversary, 10 years

i think 343 should do a halo 2 anniversary for its upcoming 10 year birthday. :slight_smile:

Wrong forum I think, but yes. Agree 100%.

it’s a very good idea. If they do it right surely it would restore some trust the community has for 343 and would allow younger players to play the campaign and experience it’s multiplayer.

I say keep the focus on Halo 5

I think it would be great if 343 would make a Halo 2 anniversary. I also think I would have a better experience with it because I would have a chance to use the bumper jumper button configuration. It worked out perfectly for Halo CE anniversary. So yes it would make my 2014 if it was made a reality.

Halo 2 is the game I grew up with it means a lot to me so I say yeah, 343i should make Halo 2 Anniversary.

> Halo 2 is the game I grew up with it means a lot to me so I say yeah, 343i should make Halo 2 Anniversary.

I doubt they are since it was already more advanced than CE was. If 2 was done, 3 would need to be followed by all others. CE was the original, makes since for this one.

> > Halo 2 is the game I grew up with it means a lot to me so I say yeah, 343i should make Halo 2 Anniversary.
>
> I doubt they are since it was already more advanced than CE was. <mark>If 2 was done, 3 would need to be followed by all others.</mark> CE was the original, makes since for this one.

Umm… no it wouldn’t. What makes you say that?

> I say keep the focus on Halo 5

I do agree but still would like halo 2A the campaign was very good and it a long campaign which I very much liked.

i’m not sure halo 2 should have an aniversery just because of the way times have changed, halo CE remains a fun and balanced shooter with visuals that look dated but still colourful, it has a good story and exceptional multiplayer (at least on the pc) and i’ll admit i still play to this very day. i wasn’t around when halo 2 came out so i only got to play it in 2010 when i got it for pc, granted i found it good but in all honesty it doesn’t seem to have aged well, after a while i noticed that the weapons seemed quite unbalanced compared to CE and while it had a few good maps it just doesn’t seem to have the same impact that halo CE had.

i guess the point i’m trying to make is would you rather remember halo 2 as it just came out when it felt awesome to run into battle duel wielding weapons while in an epic online fight chatting to your friends while sitting on your couch with your other friends who just came over to see what all the fuss is about this “halo 2” game?

or would you want to revisit halo 2 now after playing countless other shooters and being able to notice the flaws that it had and have such a treasured memory game tarnished?