Halo 2-3 Chief armor HUD question

In Halo 2, Chief has his HUD look like this, yet in Halo 3 his HUD looks like this. In between 3 and 4, Cortana updated his armor, so it made sense. But Chief at the time didn’t have Cortana around to change around his armor like that. So how do you think the HUD in Chief’s armor changed in between Halo 2 and 3?

> 2533274840469109;1:
> In Halo 2, Chief has his HUD look like this, yet in Halo 3 his HUD looks like this. In between 3 and 4, Cortana updated his armor, so it made sense. But Chief at the time didn’t have Cortana around to change around his armor like that. So how do you think the HUD in Chief’s armor changed in between Halo 2 and 3?

Well its more.
Canonically imagine in Halo 2 the Hud is like Halo 3’s.

In a real world standpoint, for Halo 3. Bungie could do more and thus made it more fitting. The only reason it stayed like it did in Halo 2A was more cause that’s how the Hud was like back in the day. Changing it would cause problems for the back in time button(I dont know what to call it)

One of the things Halo 2 Anniversary should have done, IMO, was make Chief look like he did in Halo 3. They spent too much time making the game faithful to the original aesthetically when they had the opportunity to bring it up to modern canon standards.

> 2533274793749599;3:
> One of the things Halo 2 Anniversary should have done, IMO, was make Chief look like he did in Halo 3. They spent too much time making the game faithful to the original aesthetically when they had the opportunity to bring it up to modern canon standards.

I mean, it was one of the selling points from the start. I can’t fault them for that.

> 2533274840469109;1:
> In Halo 2, Chief has his HUD look like this, yet in Halo 3 his HUD looks like this. In between 3 and 4, Cortana updated his armor, so it made sense. But Chief at the time didn’t have Cortana around to change around his armor like that. So how do you think the HUD in Chief’s armor changed in between Halo 2 and 3?

Bungie’s typical inconsistencies. the bigger question is why do his gauntlets change shape.

> 2533274844984484;5:
> > 2533274840469109;1:
> > In Halo 2, Chief has his HUD look like this, yet in Halo 3 his HUD looks like this. In between 3 and 4, Cortana updated his armor, so it made sense. But Chief at the time didn’t have Cortana around to change around his armor like that. So how do you think the HUD in Chief’s armor changed in between Halo 2 and 3?
>
>
> Bungie’s typical inconsistencies. the bigger question is why do his gauntlets change shape.

lol. I’ve been asking myself that question for years! As for the original question, I suppose bungie changed the hud simply because they could! I for one think it looks better so I don’t really mind :).

Given how sophisticated MJOLNIR is, surely it must allow the wearer to customize the HUD layout.

> 2533274900126904;7:
> Given how sophisticated MJOLNIR is, surely it must allow the wearer to customize the HUD layout.

There ya go. Let’s just keep it simple.

John changing it himself makes the most sense I think.