Halo 15 years

I have seen both sides of many of the complaints people generally have about Halo 5. I’m not calling the game perfect nor am I going to say the game is broken. Halo in it’s 15 years has evolved (see what I did there?) and grown just as those of us who have been playing since 2001. There are aspects of every game that some love and other hate and every level in between. Never has there been or will there be a perfect game for everyone. What I have come to realize is that 343 is taking the game the way they see most fit.

The Halo universe is going through it’s adolescence in actual years, but how many games are 15 years old? I can think of just a few console games. (Mortal Kombat, Madden, Mario, Zelda) I’m sure I’m missing plenty, but each of those games have grown and changed and some people hated the changes and left, while others embraced the change, and then the group that started later in the games life cycle that never new the old way.

As people and system abilities evolve, so will the games played on them. Let’s just all try to remember that all games have their pros and cons. I love Halo for the depth of characters we have seen develop, come and go and experience over the last 15 years. Meeting the flood for the first time (terrifying), all of our funny dialogue from grunts over the years, the Scarab Fights, feeling like a one man army while playing as chief, seeing your own personal Spartan come to life in Reach, meeting the enemy we had only read about in books and terminals (Prometheans), the choked up moment when Cortona died, getting to finally play as blue team, hearing Buck’s hilarious dialogue. I know there are many more examples of the amazing memories we have and each of those memories are special only to us.

We all have our own reason(s) for playing halo, I’m just excited for the new memories we get to make and friends we get to meet and new adventures to play and surprises to find. See you out there Spartans!

BROCK SAIYIPSON

> 2533274811192667;1:
> I have seen both sides of many of the complaints people generally have about Halo 5. I’m not calling the game perfect nor am I going to say the game is broken. Halo in it’s 15 years has evolved (see what I did there?) and grown just as those of us who have been playing since 2001. There are aspects of every game that some love and other hate and every level in between. Never has there been or will there be a perfect game for everyone. What I have come to realize is that 343 is taking the game the way they see most fit.
>
> The Halo universe is going through it’s adolescence in actual years, but how many games are 15 years old? I can think of just a few console games. (Mortal Kombat, Madden, Mario, Zelda) I’m sure I’m missing plenty, but each of those games have grown and changed and some people hated the changes and left, while others embraced the change, and then the group that started later in the games life cycle that never new the old way.
>
> As people and system abilities evolve, so will the games played on them. Let’s just all try to remember that all games have their pros and cons. I love Halo for the depth of characters we have seen develop, come and go and experience over the last 15 years. Meeting the flood for the first time (terrifying), all of our funny dialogue from grunts over the years, the Scarab Fights, feeling like a one man army while playing as chief, seeing your own personal Spartan come to life in Reach, meeting the enemy we had only read about in books and terminals (Prometheans), the choked up moment when Cortona died, getting to finally play as blue team, hearing Buck’s hilarious dialogue. I know there are many more examples of the amazing memories we have and each of those memories are special only to us.
>
> We all have our own reason(s) for playing halo, I’m just excited for the new memories we get to make and friends we get to meet and new adventures to play and surprises to find. See you out there Spartans!
>
> BROCK SAIYIPSON

Very nicely put!

It portrays a lot of my own thoughts, and many others I’m certain…

I agree too! Speaking of happy birthday Halo!

Thanks for the comments guys. Just putting my 2 cents out there

It’s hard to believe it has been 15 years already. Makes me feel pretty old haha

> 2533274811192667;5:
> It’s hard to believe it has been 15 years already. Makes me feel pretty old haha

So true…

Same for me!