Halo 1 remake?? NO! HALO 2 PLEASE

[Xbox Games, News & Reviews | GamesRadar+

](Xbox Games, News & Reviews | GamesRadar+)If halo 1 is being remade, thats great. But Halo 2 was MUCH better. My favorite game in the series! And the best campaign ever! PLEASE REMAKE IT I WILL LOVE YOU

Why not remake all of them?

If it’s true, it worries me. When will we see new games with new storylines? How long? But it’s also nice to have the old games renewed.

Copy pasted from the previous thread:

I know! I know! I think…

Let me guess:

"We are not in the liberty of discusing rumors"?
Edit: If I’m right, I win for being right, if I’m wrong, I win for for an actual confirmation.

> http://www.oxmonline.com/article/features/weekly-xbox-tidbits/weekly-xbox-tidbits-%E2%80%94-dec-3
>
>
If halo 1 is being remade, thats great. But Halo 2 was MUCH better. My favorite game in the series! And the best campaign ever! PLEASE REMAKE IT I WILL LOVE YOU

Whaaa?? Are you talking about the story?

I think Halo CE just trashes all the other Halos in terms of Campaign. 2 and 3 tried to be too big, and it felt like you were part of huge battles (which you were). But you weren’t an army unto yourself.

But in Halo 1 it was pretty much you against an entire army and the flood. Not to mention that I remember ALL of the levels from Halo 1 being epic (with the exception of the library). I think I liked them better just because you could keep going back and re-exploring through 15 different rooms, or the entire Island on “The Silent Cartographer.” It just felt more desolate and moody. There was just too much happening in 2 and 3. (I liked their plots though.) Non-stop action through huge battles just gets overdone after a while, it’s good to just have to roam through 20 rooms killing sleeping Grunts, Hunters and invisible Elites and sneaking around before you enter big battles. It just had better pacing where you worked up to the big action scenes.

> > http://www.oxmonline.com/article/features/weekly-xbox-tidbits/weekly-xbox-tidbits-%E2%80%94-dec-3
> >
> >
If halo 1 is being remade, thats great. But Halo 2 was MUCH better. My favorite game in the series! And the best campaign ever! PLEASE REMAKE IT I WILL LOVE YOU
>
> Whaaa?? Are you talking about the story?
>
> I think Halo CE just trashes all the other Halos in terms of Campaign. 2 and 3 tried to be too big, and it felt like you were part of huge battles (which you were). But you weren’t an army unto yourself.
>
> But in Halo 1 it was pretty much you against an entire army and the flood. Not to mention that I remember ALL of the levels from Halo 1 being epic (with the exception of the library). I think I liked them better just because you could keep going back and re-exploring through 15 different rooms, or the entire Island on “The Silent Cartographer.” It just felt more desolate and moody. There was just too much happening in 2 and 3. (I liked their plots though.) Non-stop action through huge battles just gets overdone after a while, it’s good to just have to roam through 20 rooms killing sleeping Grunts, Hunters and invisible Elites and sneaking around before you enter big battles. It just had better pacing where you worked up to the big action scenes.

It’s all a matter of opinion. Personally I felt that halo 2 was better, and that you felt like you were humanitys last hope. As with halo 3, which we can both agree on, you had a massive army of marines at your disposal. Halo 2 I really felt like the marines had personality, and when one died I would actually wish I had him back, unlike halo 3 where it was no big deal. The marines were helpful in halo 2, but in Halo 1 not so much.

I also liked how halo 2 really focused on the covenant and the civil war that was happening. That was interesting and that is the reason I liked halo 2 the best.

Also, Halo 2 just had the best level design. First, campaign was amazing. Taking the war out to the city in outskirts and then the epic battle in metropolis was the best. It really gave me a feeling of being in a city, which ODST tried to accomplish but it didn’t feel like one at all IMO. And multiplayer. So many great maps. My favorites were Headlong, Terminal, and Turf. There were many other amazing ones, but those were the best.

And of course Halo 2 had multiplayer for the original xbox, until that was shut off. Many people miss halo 2 for that very reason, and I hope 343 will remake Halo 2 as well.

The best thing about Halo 2 is that it had the most of Sgt. Johnson. The rest was rushed and didn’t feel nearly as thought out as Halo CE.

People were playing Halo 1 on Xbox online, it was a method called Xlink Kai, basically making the Xbox think it was on a LAN. It was super easy and tons of people did it.

If it turns out to be true I hope they are aware of just how softly they have to tread. Halo: CE is THE Halo game for veterans so the more you change it the more people will dislike it.

The article claims the remake would be using the Reach engine which is cool and all but I’m not sure how armor abilities would play out with Halo: CE.

If it’s true, we will see.

> If it turns out to be true I hope they are aware of just how softly they have to tread. Halo: CE is THE Halo game for veterans so the more you change it the more people will dislike it.
>
> The article claims the remake would be using the Reach engine which is cool and all but I’m not sure how armor abilities would play out with Halo: CE.
>
> If it’s true, we will see.

If it were to happen, armor abilities won’t make it, they will simply be cut. It’s a remake, not an upgrade.

halo ce was an awsome game but i dont agree with it being remade because from what i have seen remakes are alot worse

wtf ?
why remake ?

343 -Yoink- during a staff meeting:
“hey we got something perfect but I think we can fix that …”

absolutely no point in making a remake unless they want poop in a bag and charge 60 dollars eventhough we paid for it 9 years ago…

I’d rather see the effort spent on Halo Wars 2.

> wtf ?
> why remake ?
>
> 343 -Yoink- during a staff meeting:
> “hey we got something perfect but I think we can fix that …”
>
> absolutely no point in making a remake unless they want poop in a bag and charge 60 dollars eventhough we paid for it 9 years ago…

The jumping was terrible in halo CE.

Why remake any Halo game? I genuinely don’t see the point. Why waste resources on a game that has already been released? It would be better to focus on creating a whole new game instead of remaking one.

> Why remake any Halo game? I genuinely don’t see the point. Why waste resources on a game that has already been released? It would be better to focus on creating a whole new game instead of remaking one.

If feel like if they did it, it should be the entire trilogy in a collector’s edition. Maybe wait until the next gen though.

I’d say ,keep everything the same ,but make it with better graphics.

I think they should remake Halo 1 and 2 and put them on a disc.

Don’t remake any. Remakes are always a bad idea, because I know that 343 will, most likely unintentionally, -Yoink- something up. Just think about all of the great things back in Halo 1 that were just accidents. The Halo 1 pistol was not supposed to have that level of power. BxR, Super Bounces, ByB, Quad-Shots in Halo 2 where all unintended, but I have the fondest of memories of them. Can you imagine Halo 2 without button glitches? No, it was an integral part of gameplay.

343 better make some original content, because I’m not going to spend 60$ dollars on a remake when I can drive to GameStop for Halo PC that goes for 5$.

Halo CE is still is my favorite of the series. If it was remade with updated graphics that is fine by me, just don’t mess with the game play or change any of the weapons.

I would pay good money for a Slightly updated xbox live arcade version of Halo 2’s multiplayer, still the best ever as far as I’m concerned :slight_smile:

As for campaign, Halo CE was the best by far :slight_smile:

+1 this!

But don’t touch Halo 2, it was perfection with the way it was. Favorite game EVER.

halo 2 is Much better