Halo 1 Dialogue repeating glitch

So, I have this problem where, in Halo 1 in Halo MCC, I keep experiencing this bug/glitch where any characters Dialogue can repeat over 3 or more times, but, it doesn’t happen with every character at first which is frustrating me so bad. I feel like I have tried everything to fix it, from uninstalling the game to clearing its cache, and yes I have tried it on both versions, disk and digital, and it still does it. The weird thing is that it works fine on my friend’s Xbox. So if anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know…

Do you mean combat dialog (eg., “Covering fire!”) or story dialog (eg., “This cave is not a natural formation.”)? Does this happen only on a specific level?

> 2533274824050480;2:
> Do you mean combat dialog (eg., “Covering fire!”) or story dialog (eg., “This cave is not a natural formation.”)? Does this happen only on a specific level?

So, it happens in all missions and in Cutscenes, like when Cortana and Captain Keyes are speaking in the first cutscene, Cortana will say something and it will repeat like 3 times then go on, and it also happens with Keyes as well, so he’ll say “bring the ship ship ship back up to to to combat alert alpha”. Sometimes, the Characters lap each other as well, like before with Keyes’ line, Cortana will sometimes say her lines before Keyes is done saying his. And yes, Combat lines also get affected by it as well. Also when it happens the sounds of the game make a “pop” sound when the Dialogue repeats.

> 2533274975473355;3:
> > 2533274824050480;2:
> > Do you mean combat dialog (eg., “Covering fire!”) or story dialog (eg., “This cave is not a natural formation.”)? Does this happen only on a specific level?
>
> So, it happens in all missions and in Cutscenes, like when Cortana and Captain Keyes are speaking in the first cutscene, Cortana will say something and it will repeat like 3 times then go on, and it also happens with Keyes as well, so he’ll say “bring the ship ship ship back up to to to combat alert alpha”. Sometimes, the Characters lap each other as well, like before with Keyes’ line, Cortana will sometimes say her lines before Keyes is done saying his. And yes, Combat lines also get affected by it as well. Also when it happens the sounds of the game make a “pop” sound when the Dialogue repeats.

That’s odd. Are you using a headset? And does any of the on-screen action get affected by this? For instance, does Keyes move differently than he should when he repeats his dialog?

> 2533274824050480;4:
> > 2533274975473355;3:
> > > 2533274824050480;2:
> > > Do you mean combat dialog (eg., “Covering fire!”) or story dialog (eg., “This cave is not a natural formation.”)? Does this happen only on a specific level?
> >
> > So, it happens in all missions and in Cutscenes, like when Cortana and Captain Keyes are speaking in the first cutscene, Cortana will say something and it will repeat like 3 times then go on, and it also happens with Keyes as well, so he’ll say “bring the ship ship ship back up to to to combat alert alpha”. Sometimes, the Characters lap each other as well, like before with Keyes’ line, Cortana will sometimes say her lines before Keyes is done saying his. And yes, Combat lines also get affected by it as well. Also when it happens the sounds of the game make a “pop” sound when the Dialogue repeats.
>
> That’s odd. Are you using a headset? And does any of the on-screen action get affected by this? For instance, does Keyes move differently than he should when he repeats his dialog?

Yes I do use a headset, I have used other headsets and it still does it, and it still does it without any headsets plugged in. And no, no on-screen action gets effected by it.

> 2533274975473355;5:
> > 2533274824050480;4:
> > > 2533274975473355;3:
> > > > 2533274824050480;2:
> > > > Do you mean combat dialog (eg., “Covering fire!”) or story dialog (eg., “This cave is not a natural formation.”)? Does this happen only on a specific level?
> > >
> > > So, it happens in all missions and in Cutscenes, like when Cortana and Captain Keyes are speaking in the first cutscene, Cortana will say something and it will repeat like 3 times then go on, and it also happens with Keyes as well, so he’ll say “bring the ship ship ship back up to to to combat alert alpha”. Sometimes, the Characters lap each other as well, like before with Keyes’ line, Cortana will sometimes say her lines before Keyes is done saying his. And yes, Combat lines also get affected by it as well. Also when it happens the sounds of the game make a “pop” sound when the Dialogue repeats.
> >
> > That’s odd. Are you using a headset? And does any of the on-screen action get affected by this? For instance, does Keyes move differently than he should when he repeats his dialog?
>
> Yes I do use a headset, I have used other headsets and it still does it, and it still does it without any headsets plugged in. And no, no on-screen action gets effected by it.

I can suggest a few things. It sounds like it’s the Xbox itself not outputting audio properly. If you haven’t already, the first things to try are a hard reset and making sure you use Energy Saver instead of Instant On. The latter can cause weird problems and this might be one of them. Next, try updating your controller’s software. To do that, you have to go into the Accessories app.

Also, try tinkering with some audio settings within MCC. You can change it all back, but make sure to make some changes and then exit the menus so your settings are saved. See if that changes anything in game. Try doing the same thing in your Xbox settings. A good place to start is to choose the most basic options. For example, go with a stereo mix and TV as the output device when those options are valid.

Does any of that work?

> 2533274824050480;6:
> > 2533274975473355;5:
> > > 2533274824050480;4:
> > > > 2533274975473355;3:
> > > > > 2533274824050480;2:
> > > > > Do you mean combat dialog (eg., “Covering fire!”) or story dialog (eg., “This cave is not a natural formation.”)? Does this happen only on a specific level?
> > > >
> > > > So, it happens in all missions and in Cutscenes, like when Cortana and Captain Keyes are speaking in the first cutscene, Cortana will say something and it will repeat like 3 times then go on, and it also happens with Keyes as well, so he’ll say “bring the ship ship ship back up to to to combat alert alpha”. Sometimes, the Characters lap each other as well, like before with Keyes’ line, Cortana will sometimes say her lines before Keyes is done saying his. And yes, Combat lines also get affected by it as well. Also when it happens the sounds of the game make a “pop” sound when the Dialogue repeats.
> > >
> > > That’s odd. Are you using a headset? And does any of the on-screen action get affected by this? For instance, does Keyes move differently than he should when he repeats his dialog?
> >
> > Yes I do use a headset, I have used other headsets and it still does it, and it still does it without any headsets plugged in. And no, no on-screen action gets effected by it.
>
> I can suggest a few things. It sounds like it’s the Xbox itself not outputting audio properly. If you haven’t already, the first things to try are a hard reset and making sure you use Energy Saver instead of Instant On. The latter can cause weird problems and this might be one of them. Next, try updating your controller’s software. To do that, you have to go into the Accessories app.
>
> Also, try tinkering with some audio settings within MCC. You can change it all back, but make sure to make some changes and then exit the menus so your settings are saved. See if that changes anything in game. Try doing the same thing in your Xbox settings. A good place to start is to choose the most basic options. For example, go with a stereo mix and TV as the output device when those options are valid.
>
> Does any of that work?

Okay, I actually did update my controller yesterday and tried but that didn’t work. I have also played around with Halo MCC audio options but that didn’t work either. However I do have Instant on for my Xbox, so I will try the Power Saving start when I get home, and I’ll let you know if it worked.

> 2533274824050480;6:
> > 2533274975473355;5:
> > > 2533274824050480;4:
> > > > 2533274975473355;3:
> > > > > 2533274824050480;2:
> > > > > Do you mean combat dialog (eg., “Covering fire!”) or story dialog (eg., “This cave is not a natural formation.”)? Does this happen only on a specific level?
> > > >
> > > > So, it happens in all missions and in Cutscenes, like when Cortana and Captain Keyes are speaking in the first cutscene, Cortana will say something and it will repeat like 3 times then go on, and it also happens with Keyes as well, so he’ll say “bring the ship ship ship back up to to to combat alert alpha”. Sometimes, the Characters lap each other as well, like before with Keyes’ line, Cortana will sometimes say her lines before Keyes is done saying his. And yes, Combat lines also get affected by it as well. Also when it happens the sounds of the game make a “pop” sound when the Dialogue repeats.
> > >
> > > That’s odd. Are you using a headset? And does any of the on-screen action get affected by this? For instance, does Keyes move differently than he should when he repeats his dialog?
> >
> > Yes I do use a headset, I have used other headsets and it still does it, and it still does it without any headsets plugged in. And no, no on-screen action gets effected by it.
>
> I can suggest a few things. It sounds like it’s the Xbox itself not outputting audio properly. If you haven’t already, the first things to try are a hard reset and making sure you use Energy Saver instead of Instant On. The latter can cause weird problems and this might be one of them. Next, try updating your controller’s software. To do that, you have to go into the Accessories app.
>
> Also, try tinkering with some audio settings within MCC. You can change it all back, but make sure to make some changes and then exit the menus so your settings are saved. See if that changes anything in game. Try doing the same thing in your Xbox settings. A good place to start is to choose the most basic options. For example, go with a stereo mix and TV as the output device when those options are valid.
>
> Does any of that work?

So, sadly none of those suggestions worked. It still does the bug, I’m so confused of what is causing it.

> 2533274975473355;8:
> > 2533274824050480;6:
> > > 2533274975473355;5:
> > > > 2533274824050480;4:
> > > > > 2533274975473355;3:
> > > > > > 2533274824050480;2:
> > > > > > Do you mean combat dialog (eg., “Covering fire!”) or story dialog (eg., “This cave is not a natural formation.”)? Does this happen only on a specific level?
> > > > >
> > > > > So, it happens in all missions and in Cutscenes, like when Cortana and Captain Keyes are speaking in the first cutscene, Cortana will say something and it will repeat like 3 times then go on, and it also happens with Keyes as well, so he’ll say “bring the ship ship ship back up to to to combat alert alpha”. Sometimes, the Characters lap each other as well, like before with Keyes’ line, Cortana will sometimes say her lines before Keyes is done saying his. And yes, Combat lines also get affected by it as well. Also when it happens the sounds of the game make a “pop” sound when the Dialogue repeats.
> > > >
> > > > That’s odd. Are you using a headset? And does any of the on-screen action get affected by this? For instance, does Keyes move differently than he should when he repeats his dialog?
> > >
> > > Yes I do use a headset, I have used other headsets and it still does it, and it still does it without any headsets plugged in. And no, no on-screen action gets effected by it.
> >
> > I can suggest a few things. It sounds like it’s the Xbox itself not outputting audio properly. If you haven’t already, the first things to try are a hard reset and making sure you use Energy Saver instead of Instant On. The latter can cause weird problems and this might be one of them. Next, try updating your controller’s software. To do that, you have to go into the Accessories app.
> >
> > Also, try tinkering with some audio settings within MCC. You can change it all back, but make sure to make some changes and then exit the menus so your settings are saved. See if that changes anything in game. Try doing the same thing in your Xbox settings. A good place to start is to choose the most basic options. For example, go with a stereo mix and TV as the output device when those options are valid.
> >
> > Does any of that work?
>
> So, sadly none of those suggestions worked. It still does the bug, I’m so confused of what is causing it.

Did you do a hard reset after changing it to the energy saver mode? If so, I’m not sure what else it could be. Maybe try plugging in your controller with a USB cable and see if the audio works properly that way.

Another option that came to mind is installing MCC on a different hard drive. So, if you have it installed on your internal drive, move it to an external and vice versa.

Other than those two and the other things listed above, I’m really not sure what else to suggest :-/