Halloween and the fate of Reach multiplayer

Does anyone know if 343 is going to be doing anything for Halloween on reach?

Thats one thing I can say Bungie did do right is keep festive and engaged with the community

-REMOVED DUE TO NIT PICKING-

Please don’t tell me you called default reach “wannabe cod”

I did indeed, if you dont agree Im sorry but that is the way I see it.I have play COD since the beginning and the same with Halo. Besides that isnt the topic. The topic is what will become of Reach.

I don’t understand you, can you please elaborate your thought process, I mean I’ve played quite a bit of both and don’t see any resemblance.

I have had conversations with others who claim the same as you and they seldom end politely.
I will say I know there is a vast majority of people who say the same as me, if you would like to understand more I recommend posting it in a separate forum asking this.

This isnt about who is right and wrong, I asked a simple question.
If you dont agree with my statements then simply say “I dont agree with what you said about COD and Reach but to answer the question you asked ----”

Alright…

> I am rather fond of the “Zero Bloom”(or ZB) mode, it feels more Halo and less wannabe COD.

what?
halo is a “wannabe” CoD even though halo came before CoD and halo pretty much shapped multiplayer to what we see today thanks to halo 2.

yes, this is part of the topic since you mentioned it, if you never mentioned it then there would be any discussion.

i would love to here how halo is a “wonnabe” CoD?

> > I am rather fond of the “Zero Bloom”(or ZB) mode, it feels more Halo and less wannabe COD.
>
> what?
> halo is a “wannabe” CoD even though halo came before CoD and halo pretty much shapped multiplayer to what we see today thanks to halo 2.
>
> yes, this is part of the topic since you mentioned it, if you never mentioned it then there would be any discussion.
>
> i would love to here how halo is a “wonnabe” CoD?

Firstly, I’d encourage that you take breaks from your gaming habbits to take time learning proper grammar and spelling.

Just because something came first, doesn’t mean it can’t be a leach.
He has his own opinions, and you have your own opinions. He is probably referring to the bloom effects that are actually simular to Call of duty’s bloom if you haven’t noticed. But the main thing to learn here is that don’t judge people because you don’t agree, that’s just pathetic.

> If you dont agree with my statements then simply say “I dont agree with what you said about COD and Reach but to answer the question you asked ----”

Dont take it out of context, I said Halo Reach is a COD wannabe not all of Halo.
Plain and simple, this is not an argument. If you want one please go to B.net.

I will not get pulled into an argument with people who just want to start fights based on how their views dont match mine.

> > > I am rather fond of the “Zero Bloom”(or ZB) mode, it feels more Halo and less wannabe COD.
> >
> > what?
> > halo is a “wannabe” CoD even though halo came before CoD and halo pretty much shapped multiplayer to what we see today thanks to halo 2.
> >
> > yes, this is part of the topic since you mentioned it, if you never mentioned it then there would be any discussion.
> >
> > i would love to here how halo is a “wonnabe” CoD?
>
> Firstly, I’d encourage that you take breaks from your gaming habbits to take time learning proper grammar and spelling.
>
> Just because something came first, doesn’t mean it can’t be a leach.
> He has his own opinions, and you have your own opinions. He is probably referring to the bloom effects that are actually simular to Call of duty’s bloom if you haven’t noticed. But the main thing to learn here is that don’t judge people because you don’t agree, that’s just pathetic.

• but bloom has been on automatic weapons since combat evolved.
  • bullet spread was in halo 3 and they attempted to build on this in reach.
  • loadouts? well, loads of games have these so every game is a wannabe of each other?

CoD is the biggest leach of them all, they don’t even attempt to build on the ideas or features they leach, they just use them.

look at all the new features coming in MW3, they look ODDLY familiar.

> > If you dont agree with my statements then simply say “I dont agree with what you said about COD and Reach but to answer the question you asked ----”
>
> Dont take it out of context, I said Halo Reach is a COD wannabe not all of Halo.
> Plain and simple, this is not an argument. If you want one please go to B.net.
>
>
> I will not get pulled into an argument with people who just want to start fights based on how their views dont match mine.

a few flaws here.

1. you mentioned reach is a wannabe CoD, if you didn’t want this to discussed then don’t mention it.
  2. this is a forum, everything mentioned in the origional post by you is open to discussion
  3. fights? uhm, it’s called discussing and debating, my opinion may be different to yours and possibly more educated then yours but that doesn’t mean i’m starting a fight, just discussing and debating.

> > > > I am rather fond of the “Zero Bloom”(or ZB) mode, it feels more Halo and less wannabe COD.
> > >
> > > what?
> > > halo is a “wannabe” CoD even though halo came before CoD and halo pretty much shapped multiplayer to what we see today thanks to halo 2.
> > >
> > > yes, this is part of the topic since you mentioned it, if you never mentioned it then there would be any discussion.
> > >
> > > i would love to here how halo is a “wonnabe” CoD?
> >
> > Firstly, I’d encourage that you take breaks from your gaming habbits to take time learning proper grammar and spelling.
> >
> > Just because something came first, doesn’t mean it can’t be a leach.
> > He has his own opinions, and you have your own opinions. He is probably referring to the bloom effects that are actually simular to Call of duty’s bloom if you haven’t noticed. But the main thing to learn here is that don’t judge people because you don’t agree, that’s just pathetic.
>
> - but bloom has been on automatic weapons since combat evolved.
> - bullet spread was in halo 3 and they attempted to build on this in reach.
> - loadouts? well, loads of games have these so every game is a wannabe of each other?
>
> CoD is the biggest leach of them all, they don’t even attempt to build on the ideas or features they leach, they just use them.
>
> look at all the new features coming in MW3, they look ODDLY familiar.

1.) Bloom was only on automatic weapons but never on precision weapons like in Reach and many people dislike this.
2.) Bullet spread was one of the few mechanic that didn’t worked right in Halo 3 so I see nothing positive on building things that don’t work anyway.
3.) Loadouts were never “Haloish”. You could argue if they took the idea from CoD, Battlefront, Shadowrun or other games but it doesn’t change the fact that loadouts were never featured in any other Halo games besides Reach.

> > > > > I am rather fond of the “Zero Bloom”(or ZB) mode, it feels more Halo and less wannabe COD.
> > > >
> > > > what?
> > > > halo is a “wannabe” CoD even though halo came before CoD and halo pretty much shapped multiplayer to what we see today thanks to halo 2.
> > > >
> > > > yes, this is part of the topic since you mentioned it, if you never mentioned it then there would be any discussion.
> > > >
> > > > i would love to here how halo is a “wonnabe” CoD?
> > >
> > > Firstly, I’d encourage that you take breaks from your gaming habbits to take time learning proper grammar and spelling.
> > >
> > > Just because something came first, doesn’t mean it can’t be a leach.
> > > He has his own opinions, and you have your own opinions. He is probably referring to the bloom effects that are actually simular to Call of duty’s bloom if you haven’t noticed. But the main thing to learn here is that don’t judge people because you don’t agree, that’s just pathetic.
> >
> > - but bloom has been on automatic weapons since combat evolved.
> > - bullet spread was in halo 3 and they attempted to build on this in reach.
> > - loadouts? well, loads of games have these so every game is a wannabe of each other?
> >
> > CoD is the biggest leach of them all, they don’t even attempt to build on the ideas or features they leach, they just use them.
> >
> > look at all the new features coming in MW3, they look ODDLY familiar.
>
> 1.) Bloom was only on automatic weapons but never on precision weapons like in Reach and many people dislike this.
> 2.) Bullet spread was one of the few mechanic that didn’t worked right in Halo 3 so I see nothing positive on building things that don’t work anyway.
> 3.) Loadouts were never “Haloish”. You could argue if they took the idea from CoD, Battlefront, Shadowrun or other games but it doesn’t change the fact that loadouts were never featured in any other Halo games besides Reach.

I agree with this ^. But we have argued these things thousands of times. Lets discuss what the OP wanted.

I think they should do something for Halloween. And all holidays. I want them to be involved.

If you were more educated than me then you would understand simple conversational basics, such as the word “No” and the difference between discussing and starting a fight(aka “Arguing”) like you are trying to do.

I am going to ignore you Haunted as I have no interest in arguing with you.
Taking shots at Education despite knowing nothing of mine is clearly “Trolling” so take it elsewhere.

Halo is the game I love, I have played ALL Halo’s and ALL CODS and have been playing them since they first came out. Dont like it? Argue about it with your bedroom wall. Have a pleasant day Haunted and Happy halloween.

> I did indeed, if you dont agree Im sorry but that is the way I see it.I have play COD since the beginning and the same with Halo. Besides that isnt the topic. The topic is what will become of Reach.

Halo is anything but a “cod wanna be”. for one you cant drop shot,second cod is more twitching then any other game and that whole stupid automatically locking on crap when you zoom in is just that crap.

> If you were more educated than me then you would understand simple conversational basics, such as the word “No” and the difference between discussing and starting a fight(aka “Arguing”) like you are trying to do.
>
> I am going to ignore you Haunted as I have no interest in arguing with you.
> Taking shots at Education despite knowing nothing of mine is clearly “Trolling” so take it elsewhere.
>
> Halo is the game I love, I have played ALL Halo’s and ALL CODS and have been playing them since they first came out. Dont like it? Argue about it with your bedroom wall. Have a pleasant day Haunted and Happy halloween.

define troll.

i’m not trying to start a fight, merely understand how reach is a wannabe CoD, i’m sorry if i’m comming across as starting a fight but i do have socializing difficulties.

i’ve played all the halo’s aswell, i’ve played most of the CoD and i honestly can’t see a resemblance.

anyway…
i don’t think 343i is going to be doing anything for halloween, i would like to see the living dead playlist updated with new and cool infection maps that are actually balanced to the gametype but realy spooky.
hell, they could make every map in reach look spooky just for halloween.

> i’m not trying to start a fight, merely understand how reach is a wannabe CoD, i’m sorry if i’m comming across as starting a fight but i do have socializing difficulties.

I hope you dont mind me asking but…
have you heard of “Aspergers Syndrome”?

> > i’m not trying to start a fight, merely understand how reach is a wannabe CoD, i’m sorry if i’m comming across as starting a fight but i do have socializing difficulties.
>
> I hope you dont mind me asking but…
> have you heard of “Aspergers Syndrome”?

yep, and no need to suggest i have it when i’ve already been diagnosed with it, have court papers and psychiatrists reports as proof.

I see, I was diagnosed very late around 18.
Apparently it is just called -Yoink!- spectrum disorder and the name Aspergers syndrome is no longer considered a separate disorder at all.

Anyways I understand now.
Thank you for letting me know about the Halloween thing.

> I see, I was diagnosed very late around 18.
> Apparently it is just called -Yoink!- spectrum disorder and the name Aspergers syndrome is no longer considered a separate disorder at all.
>
> Anyways I understand now.
> Thank you for letting me know about the Halloween thing.

i was diagnosed younger but only thought divorce proceedings with my parents…

i wasn’t saying anything was definite, just making suggestions.