haha, wow am i slow! i just realize something

  1. people are complaining that call of duty is the same copy and paste year after year.
  2. people are complaining that halo is not halo anymore becuase they change a few things here and there.
  • my perspective: so no matter if the game stays the same or changes, people will still complain.
  1. people are questioning why we’re getting bigger maps instead of smaller ones.
  • my perspective: because i think that since sprint and instant spawn is in halo now, and if we were given the same smaller maps like in previous halo games, i think instant spawn and sprint wouldn’t work too well in smaller maps.

People will always have something to complain about, Halo community is no exception.

It’s a funny epiphany when you realize it, isn’t it. XD

But Halo 4… Call of Duty is always… -Yoink-, you’re right

Sprint and instant respawn are what break the smaller maps. That, and the broken respawn points on larger maps hurt things as well. You can literally spawn within someone’s sniper scope across the map on Complex. That shouldn’t be able to happen.

Remove instant respawns, fix spawn points, make sprint an option that can be disabled in certain gametypes like Team Slayer Pro.

Indeed its hilarious. Im in the first camp, I like games to evolve and change with new features each iteration. I havent bought a CoD game in a while because its just the same old, same old.

Agreed except for the whole map situation. CQ and symmetrical maps are needed in the game.
No that’s not complaining.

Complaining about complainers complaining.

> Agreed except for the whole map situation. CQ and symmetrical maps are needed in the game.
> No that’s not complaining.

I agree. Im always a big admirer of symmetrical maps that are well thought out. Many maps Ive created for other game titles have been symmetrical and those have always had the best user feedback and playtimes over asymmetrical ones.

lets see call of duty is the same year after year true they add a few new things here and there. The reason we complain is because it does not have that halo feel.also it is more like cod they tried so hard to be like cod that is why we complain.we wan’t new things not stuff that other games have.!

> 1. people are complaining that call of duty is the same copy and paste year after year.
> 2. people are complaining that halo is not halo anymore becuase they change a few things here and there.
> - my perspective: so no matter if the game stays the same or changes, people will still complain.
> 3. people are questioning why we’re getting bigger maps instead of smaller ones.
> - my perspective: because i think that since sprint and instant spawn is in halo now, and if we were given the same smaller maps like in previous halo games, i think instant spawn and sprint wouldn’t work too well in smaller maps.

I’m not a part of the CoD community, so I can’t speak to that first point. But regarding the second, the problem isn’t that they changed “a few things here and there;” it’s that they changed fundamental elements of the game that have been the same since CE and largely define the series. And changed them for the worse in a lot of people’s opinion. Concerning your third point, the problem is that adding in sprint and instant spawn and thereby requiring that we have bigger maps isn’t necessarily a good thing. Guardian? The Pit? Zanzibar? Wonderful, fantastic maps that might very well not function well with spring and instant spawn. The conclusion, however, shouldn’t be that we need to make bigger, crappier maps; it should be that spring and instant spawn were bad ideas, and should be removed, so that we can return to logical, well-thought out maps.

> lets see call of duty is the same year after year true they add a few new things here and there. The reason we complain is because it does not have that halo feel.also it is more like cod they tried so hard to be like cod that is why we complain.we wan’t new things not stuff that other games have.!

New things that have never been in any other game before…

If you name one feature right now, I’m sure I could name a game that has already done it.

a 1-50 ranking system that isn’t broken.;D

> 1. people are complaining that call of duty is the same copy and paste year after year.
> 2. people are complaining that halo is not halo anymore becuase they change a few things here and there.
> - my perspective: so no matter if the game stays the same or changes, people will still complain.
> 3. people are questioning why we’re getting bigger maps instead of smaller ones.
> - my perspective: because i think that since sprint and instant spawn is in halo now, and if we were given the same smaller maps like in previous halo games, i think instant spawn and sprint wouldn’t work too well in smaller maps.

I’ve said this so many times already:

People bought Halo 4 for a Halo game. If they wanted something completely different they would have bought something completely different. I bought both Black Ops 2 and Halo 4 figuring they would play out mostly the same. Both have changed drastically, and I personally can’t stand Black Ops 2.

While both sides are complaining the people who enjoy the classic Halo experience are leaving the game, and are in fact the majority for the same reason above.

No one hates change either. Halo 2 changed, and Halo 3 changed. They hate the fact that it’s no longer at its core Halo. Even Reach was still at its core a Halo game. (Before you say it, no, I never hated on Reach either).

You have a valid point on the maps. Haven could be considered a fairly big map if it wasn’t for sprint.

I would also gladly “Move on” if Gearbox/Gamespy/Whoever currently owns Halo PC would fix the lag.

I’m sure many don’t mind changes or additions, as long as they don’t feel like changes for the sake of changes. As long as they accentuate what was already there.

There has always been those who opposed changes. When the pistol was downgraded in Halo 2, and the SMG replaced the AR some thought it was the worst things Bungie could have done to Halo MP. When again the CE pistol was not back for Halo 3, and Bungie added equipment some thought Bungie was not turning back from their mission to ruin Halo MP. Armor Abilities in Reach…need I say more.

Halo 4 feels like they wanted to reinvent Halo MP. Which is fine, but to use current Halo MP as a base draws too many comparisons. They took Halo 3, merged in some additions from Reach, and then changed the rules.

Halo 4 is Halo without the rules that made Halo Halo. It feels like Halo, but doesn’t feel like Halo.

If truly wanted a different MP experience for Halo, they should have started completely fresh. Everything including Movement, and especially Map design.

> a 1-50 ranking system that isn’t broken.;D

They are implementing it early next year.

actually it will be stupid you can only see it on waypoint yeah so cool./sarcasm

If anything I actually think CoD has got a perfectly reasonable system. They are taking a formula which fans of the franchise are happy with and are trying to perfect that system. They manage to keep the series relatively fresh by adding new ideas/guns/maps without deviating from the core gameplay features. I admit that most of the innovation comes from the campaign (which is more often then not rubbish) however it hasn’t stopped CoD from selling games for the past few years.

> 1. people are complaining that call of duty is the same copy and paste year after year.
> 2. people are complaining that halo is not halo anymore becuase they change a few things here and there.
> - my perspective: so no matter if the game stays the same or changes, people will still complain.
> 3. people are questioning why we’re getting bigger maps instead of smaller ones.
> - my perspective: because i think that since sprint and instant spawn is in halo now, and if we were given the same smaller maps like in previous halo games, i think instant spawn and sprint wouldn’t work too well in smaller maps.

CoD has been copy/pasting year after year and have been SUCCESSFUL at doing it.

Halo keeps changing and has been FAILING with every new attempt.

Sometimes, keeping the same stuff (if it works) is the better option rather than adding fancy new nonsense.

Just look at Diablo 3, they tried something new and ruined that entire franchise.

> > Agreed except for the whole map situation. CQ and symmetrical maps are needed in the game.
> > No that’s not complaining.
>
> I agree. Im always a big admirer of symmetrical maps that are well thought out. Many maps Ive created for other game titles have been symmetrical and those have always had the best user feedback and playtimes over asymmetrical ones.

Yep. Hey everyone, hear me out on this: Guardian and Lockout are good examples of well thought out symmetrical maps. The Pit too. Not perfectly symmetrical, but definitely heavy doses of it. Just enough, but not too much. I miss those design styles. These new styles have changed game play dynamics for the worse. It doesn’t feel as much like Halo as a result. The problems here aren’t due to instant re-spawn or sprint either, those old designs can be implemented to accommodate these new game play features (features I have welcomed for the most part since it adds diversity to the game). These new maps are more complicated layout wise requiring actual NAVIGATING and having to pay attention so you don’t get caught on a wall or an uneven surface. Older Halo maps felt like they were second nature to navigate and use. I appreciate extra detail and creativity in maps but they have become more “real life esqe” and less “Halo Arena esqe”, if that makes sense. This was a problem in Reach too and Multiplier play has suffered from it. I know we cant design have EVERY map like the three maps mentioned above but the fact that we have ONE, Haven, is absurd. Why do you think Haven is so popular and overplayed? Its the most like an old Halo map that we have! Haven is my favorite 4v4 map due to this but I also agree is gets grossly overused. But for good reason I dare say.

On this older Halo map style topic, Ragnorak is the only BTB map that reflects the old (and far better) design style. This is a given I know because it is just Valhalla reborn, but fresh maps with that older more open style (but still throwing in features to be used as cover so its not too open)would be fairly easy to create. Am I totally off with all of this or does it make sense?