Had a pretty unpleasant run in with teammate.

Hey guys,
So I just finished a game of ranked snipers. This was my first game back on Halo 5 in a few months and obviously I was rusty and didn’t perform very well. During the game I got a message from the first place person on my team telling me to leave the game. I wasn’t going to because you know matchmaking ban and it was my first placement match. After the game was over he messaged me again cussing me out and telling me he reported me. Is this really a thing now? Because that’s pretty messed up imo. I am a gold-low platinum player and I was matched into a lobby of all onyx’s and champions. That obviously made this match near impossible for me. I am nowhere near that good nor have I ever placed that high before in any season. I’m worried that I’ll be banned because this guy reported me for not doing well. Am I safe or no? And yes I did report his hateful message to me of course.

As long as you don’t have an excessive amount of previously existing reports I would think you should be fine.

> 2535437652903765;2:
> As long as you don’t have an excessive amount of previously existing reports I would think you should be fine.

I do not have a history of being reported often.

> 2755103879204759;3:
> > 2535437652903765;2:
> > As long as you don’t have an excessive amount of previously existing reports I would think you should be fine.
>
> I do not have a history of being reported often.

Yeah, you should be safe then. The only time reports really screw you over is if you get reported often enough and your XBL reputation sinks low enough. Otherwise you shouldn’t have any problems.

> 2535437652903765;4:
> > 2755103879204759;3:
> > > 2535437652903765;2:
> > > As long as you don’t have an excessive amount of previously existing reports I would think you should be fine.
> >
> > I do not have a history of being reported often.
>
> Yeah, you should be safe then. The only time reports really screw you over is if you get reported often enough and your XBL reputation sinks low enough. Otherwise you shouldn’t have any problems.

Ok thanks for the reassurance haha.

Being bad at a game isn’t something you can be reported for with any real effect. However, you can report that guy’s message where he was cursing and he will receive a voice/message/communication ban for a period of time. Got a guy with that multiple times in a row. Every time he got unbanned he would send me another angry message about it and I reported it again and again (each time he was banned for longer than the previous).

> 2533274843634673;6:
> Being bad at a game isn’t something you can be reported for with any real effect. However, you can report that guy’s message where he was cursing and he will receive a voice/message/communication ban for a period of time. Got a guy with that multiple times in a row. Every time he got unbanned he would send me another angry message about it and I reported it again and again (each time he was banned for longer than the previous).

Yup as I mentioned I have reported the message. But seriously is the ranked community this toxic? Because if so, I quit dude. Don’t want to even try ranked again.

> 2755103879204759;7:
> > 2533274843634673;6:
> > Being bad at a game isn’t something you can be reported for with any real effect. However, you can report that guy’s message where he was cursing and he will receive a voice/message/communication ban for a period of time. Got a guy with that multiple times in a row. Every time he got unbanned he would send me another angry message about it and I reported it again and again (each time he was banned for longer than the previous).
>
> Yup as I mentioned I have reported the message. But seriously is the ranked community this toxic? Because if so, I quit dude. Don’t want to even try ranked again.

Ah sorry didn’t see that you reported it already. Idk how the ranked community is cause I haven’t played much ranked recently, but I feel like the other playlists are probably less toxic solely because they aren’t ranked.

The Ranked community is toxic in any competitive game, especially in a team game like Halo 5. Some people have no chill at all. So the best thing you can do is try to keep people like that from killing your enjoyment of the game. Granted, it’s not an easy thing to do, but you have to if you want to keep making your way through the ranks. But don’t get too discouraged, you’re not too likely to run into those types too often.

> 2755103879204759;1:
> Hey guys,
> So I just finished a game of ranked snipers. This was my first game back on Halo 5 in a few months and obviously I was rusty and didn’t perform very well. During the game I got a message from the first place person on my team telling me to leave the game. I wasn’t going to because you know matchmaking ban and it was my first placement match. After the game was over he messaged me again cussing me out and telling me he reported me. Is this really a thing now? Because that’s pretty messed up imo. I am a gold-low platinum player and I was matched into a lobby of all onyx’s and champions. That obviously made this match near impossible for me. I am nowhere near that good nor have I ever placed that high before in any season. I’m worried that I’ll be banned because this guy reported me for not doing well. Am I safe or no? And yes I did report his hateful message to me of course.

His report will go no where but if you didn’t delete his message of cussing at you you can report him for communication and he will more likely get a ban. Also block him.

I never received any hate messages but then again I never played the 4v4 ranked. I stuck strictly to FFA in ranked.

> 2533274816788253;10:
> > 2755103879204759;1:
> > Hey guys,
> > So I just finished a game of ranked snipers. This was my first game back on Halo 5 in a few months and obviously I was rusty and didn’t perform very well. During the game I got a message from the first place person on my team telling me to leave the game. I wasn’t going to because you know matchmaking ban and it was my first placement match. After the game was over he messaged me again cussing me out and telling me he reported me. Is this really a thing now? Because that’s pretty messed up imo. I am a gold-low platinum player and I was matched into a lobby of all onyx’s and champions. That obviously made this match near impossible for me. I am nowhere near that good nor have I ever placed that high before in any season. I’m worried that I’ll be banned because this guy reported me for not doing well. Am I safe or no? And yes I did report his hateful message to me of course.
>
> His report will go no where but if you didn’t delete his message of cussing at you you can report him for communication and he will more likely get a ban. Also block him.

I did. Last line of my post.

learn about your reputation score

You can check if people have reported you and how much, just sign in in the top right corner. Its from the xbox website

> 2755103879204759;12:
> > 2533274816788253;10:
> > > 2755103879204759;1:
> > > Hey guys,
> > > So I just finished a game of ranked snipers. This was my first game back on Halo 5 in a few months and obviously I was rusty and didn’t perform very well. During the game I got a message from the first place person on my team telling me to leave the game. I wasn’t going to because you know matchmaking ban and it was my first placement match. After the game was over he messaged me again cussing me out and telling me he reported me. Is this really a thing now? Because that’s pretty messed up imo. I am a gold-low platinum player and I was matched into a lobby of all onyx’s and champions. That obviously made this match near impossible for me. I am nowhere near that good nor have I ever placed that high before in any season. I’m worried that I’ll be banned because this guy reported me for not doing well. Am I safe or no? And yes I did report his hateful message to me of course.
> >
> > His report will go no where but if you didn’t delete his message of cussing at you you can report him for communication and he will more likely get a ban. Also block him.
>
> I did. Last line of my post.

Good. But try not to judge the whole community from the few yoinks around.

> 2533274816788253;14:
> > 2755103879204759;12:
> > > 2533274816788253;10:
> > > > 2755103879204759;1:
> > > > Hey guys,
> > > > So I just finished a game of ranked snipers. This was my first game back on Halo 5 in a few months and obviously I was rusty and didn’t perform very well. During the game I got a message from the first place person on my team telling me to leave the game. I wasn’t going to because you know matchmaking ban and it was my first placement match. After the game was over he messaged me again cussing me out and telling me he reported me. Is this really a thing now? Because that’s pretty messed up imo. I am a gold-low platinum player and I was matched into a lobby of all onyx’s and champions. That obviously made this match near impossible for me. I am nowhere near that good nor have I ever placed that high before in any season. I’m worried that I’ll be banned because this guy reported me for not doing well. Am I safe or no? And yes I did report his hateful message to me of course.
> > >
> > > His report will go no where but if you didn’t delete his message of cussing at you you can report him for communication and he will more likely get a ban. Also block him.
> >
> > I did. Last line of my post.
>
> Good. But try not to judge the whole community from the few yoinks around.

Alright for sure.

Not all ranked players are like this but I dont play a lot of ranked if you want some fun grab some friends and go to customs or super fiesta its very fun

> 2535415472426404;16:
> Not all ranked players are like this but I dont play a lot of ranked if you want some fun grab some friends and go to customs or super fiesta its very fun

Yea I ended up going back to Super Fiesta. I love it haha.

If you find yourself playing really badly, my advice would be to either play a lot more passively or just hide. I’ve been in your situation before and I found it was better to just camp more and wait for an enemy to come to me rather running around and hurting my team by feeding the other team kills.

There are always horrible people you can encounter. But my experience is that it’s more likely than not that you meet friendly people.

I only had two negative encounters over the past few months (one guy telling me per chat I should leave and one guy per voice chat telling me I’m horrible). The first guy I still don’t know what he was talking about. Yeah, I almost hit him with a rocket, but then don’t jump in between me and the enemy when I’m using a rocket launcher. The other guy was in a social playlist where he was an onyx guy and we got matched against champions and onyx guys. Back then I was a low gold… I honestly don’t know why I got matched with/against those guys.

Don’t feel too bad about it. You don’t know who’s behind the messages. Maybe a 13 year old boy who got grounded because he didn’t make his homework. And if he only wants good teammates than it’s hist responsibility to find a team of other champions.

I’ve had this exact same thing happen to me before :confused: but nothing ever came of his report on me so I’d say you’re in the clear. Unfortunately it seems like there’s just that certain type of player out there that just like to take out their hate and aggression they have for the game on their own teammates. But you should never have to put up with it. You did the right thing by reporting him on it, I typically report/avoid and mute people who have use language like that on me. I never can quite wrap my head around why people do that like is it supposed to encourage people to do better? Either way there’s no justifying that kind of toxic behavior, sorry that had to be your “welcome back” to h5 hopefully you can have some more enjoyable matches after this one.