Had a break came back my verdict

The verdict for H4 Multiplayer is one word. Hideous.
I live in Australia where it lags like a monster but the whole experience just seems built around teams and some randoms like me thrown in. -Yoink- that!. I cannot hit a warthog with a plasma grenade for the lag. I have finaly purchased Blops 2 and it runs quite well for the most part and looks after random players.
The H4 campaign however was excellent and Spartan ops are a nice bonus but the multi is like a punishment from hell.
For me H5 can wait for the bargain bin though I will still play a little 4 as I am big fan of the Starship troopers. Not to mention I bought the console which is awesome. If there is a nice H5 console I will buy that for the console not the game id I get the next xbox.
Randoms deserve respect and so do Australian consumers, two groups given a big middle finger by H4.

Hideous is quite an accurate word to describe Halo 4’s multiplayer.

My personal word of choice is ‘-Yoink!-’ :slight_smile:

I’m in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.If I play early morning, say six AM local time through to about 2PM local time, lag isn’t that much of an issue at all. But, after the 3PM, when most Australians gets out of school, or back from TAFE (college) or university or whatever, that is when the LAG comes to the fore. I blame Australian connections! But, beyond that,it is this stupid Host connection system that we have in place. 343i should fork out some money for dedicated servers or whatever.

> I’m in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.If I play early morning, say six AM local time through to about 2PM local time, lag isn’t that much of an issue at all. But, after the 3PM, when most Australians gets out of school, or back from TAFE (college) or university or whatever, that is when the LAG comes to the fore. I blame Australian connections! But, beyond that,it is this stupid Host connection system that we have in place. 343i should fork out some money for dedicated servers or whatever.

Redcliffe boy here and I too have noticed its a lot more pleasant experience in the morning through to the early afternoon.
That only covers the lag issue,for me a big part of the problem is I only play as a random as Im not a people person by any stretch and as such find myself freaquently being ganged up on.
Halo desperately needs a few basic playlist for randoms in my humble opinion.

> I’m in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.If I play early morning, say <mark>six AM local time through to about 2PM local time</mark>, lag isn’t that much of an issue at all. But, after the 3PM, when most Australians gets out of school, or back from TAFE (college) or university or whatever, that is when the LAG comes to the fore. I blame Australian connections! But, beyond that,it is this stupid Host connection system that we have in place. 343i should fork out some money for dedicated servers or whatever.

I’m in Brisbane too, but I can’t really ever do those sorts of hours on a very regular basis, so I can basically never play Halo 4 without it lagging like crap. :frowning:

> > I’m in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.If I play early morning, say <mark>six AM local time through to about 2PM local time</mark>, lag isn’t that much of an issue at all. But, after the 3PM, when most Australians gets out of school, or back from TAFE (college) or university or whatever, that is when the LAG comes to the fore. I blame Australian connections! But, beyond that,it is this stupid Host connection system that we have in place. 343i should fork out some money for dedicated servers or whatever.
>
> I’m in Brisbane too, but I can’t really ever do those sorts of hours on a very regular basis, so I can basically never play Halo 4 without it lagging like crap. :frowning:

I feel your pain cause its a sad fact that it plays a lot better in this region early in the day when most people are at work or school.

> I feel your pain cause its a sad fact that it plays a lot better in this region early in the day when most people are at work or school.

I just find it so frustrating because I’ve had the same internet since Halo 3, and by using the Good Connection/Regional filter in 3 and Reach, I got way, way less laggy matches that in 4. And to think I used to complain about the 1 off laggy match back then, hah, if only I knew what it would be like in Halo 4, I would have appreciated it much more.

I’m in Australia as well and yea the lag can be a pain at times with certain hosts but I manage to pull host every now and then so it balances out.

> > I feel your pain cause its a sad fact that it plays a lot better in this region early in the day when most people are at work or school.
>
> I just find it so frustrating because I’ve had the same internet since Halo 3, and by using the Good Connection/Regional filter in 3 and Reach, I got way, way less laggy matches that in 4. And to think I used to complain about the 1 off laggy match back then, hah, if only I knew what it would be like in Halo 4, I would have appreciated it much more.

I didn’t use the good connection filter with Reach and it ran fine same deal with Blops 2.Theres just something wrong with 4’s ability to not lag like a mother -Yoink-.I expect more and am shocked by the current state of affairs.

Yea man I feel for you guys I’m In america but I’ve experienced crazy lag on halo 4 as well it must definatly be worse for you guys. Just keep making your voices heard and hopefully well get some dedicated servers.

I love Halo 4.

That said, I feel for the Aussie players here that complain about the network issues.

It is something that needs sorting out :slight_smile: