Hacks and Modders on Halo 4

How many times have you nearly won a game and it just starts lagging the whole team while the other team trolls and kills everyone? Not gonna say hackers or lag switch every time, because sometimes you just get a crap connection… it happens. But… What really gets me is when I’m playing a playlist, like SWAT for example, and I can distinctly see -FROM THE YOINKING KILLCAM- that a player is using a mod like “aimbot” and scoring headshot kills when my face was nowhere near the HUD’s target display. And it seems that one out of every two SWAT matches has a Modder. Another that I notice is when I am completely out of sight of EVERYONE, and yet an enemy can just “happen by” and blast away. It has a superior radar effect. I don’t know where these people come from (or their extra abilities), but it infuriates me because I just want to play the game as it was made. Play it and play it fair. How do we get these guys out of our games?

honestly, its just lag, and broken killcams that honestly don’t work anyway

don’t blame mods and hackers, its very unlikely, the only common mod which im not sure exists atm, which is the player model removed in Swat for no heads

Game has been out for so long,and you NOT EVEN NOW know the killcam is broken?You want a decently accurate killcam go play COD,it’s still fake but atleast it’s more accurate than here

The only mod or hack I’ve seen and recorded was were a guy edited his characters movement speed. Jumping around with a Storm Rifle and Suppressor was funny to watch.

> like SWAT for example, and I can distinctly see -FROM THE YOINKING KILLCAM- that a player is using a mod like “aimbot” and scoring headshot kills when my face was nowhere near the HUD’s target display.

Killcams have been broken since day 1 because exactly that happened on my first play in MP. Several players not aiming for me, shooting and killing me. This continued through the day.

I don’t know if they then were disabled or if there was an option I checked somewhere, but I haven’t seen any killcams since the first week of Halo 4, in any playlist.

The only modder I’ve encountered was in Halo 2.

> How many times have you nearly won a game and it just starts lagging the whole team while the other team trolls and kills everyone? Not gonna say hackers or lag switch every time, because sometimes you just get a crap connection… it happens. But… What really gets me is when I’m playing a playlist, like SWAT for example, and I can distinctly see -FROM THE YOINKING KILLCAM- that a player is using a mod like “aimbot” and scoring headshot kills when my face was nowhere near the HUD’s target display. And it seems that one out of every two SWAT matches has a Modder. Another that I notice is when I am completely out of sight of EVERYONE, and yet an enemy can just “happen by” and blast away. It has a superior radar effect. I don’t know where these people come from (or their extra abilities), but it infuriates me because I just want to play the game as it was made. Play it and play it fair. How do we get these guys out of our games?

Why are you so quick to blame it on modders? Do you know that running unsigned code on an XBox 360 is probably one of the most difficult things to do. There are tutorials out there, but would you have figured it out on your own? Can you name any of these modders?

i hate modders so much

I did see this one guy literally flying around at top speed firing a plasma pistol that dropped ordinance beam rifles on people.

I don’t remember the name, But I kept getting dropped into BTB games he was in (Thank you, JIP)

They arent modders nor hackers its lag. It happens mostly on new maps. FPS` have to make the most of there lag

> > How many times have you nearly won a game and it just starts lagging the whole team while the other team trolls and kills everyone? Not gonna say hackers or lag switch every time, because sometimes you just get a crap connection… it happens. But… What really gets me is when I’m playing a playlist, like SWAT for example, and I can distinctly see -FROM THE YOINKING KILLCAM- that a player is using a mod like “aimbot” and scoring headshot kills when my face was nowhere near the HUD’s target display. And it seems that one out of every two SWAT matches has a Modder. Another that I notice is when I am completely out of sight of EVERYONE, and yet an enemy can just “happen by” and blast away. It has a superior radar effect. I don’t know where these people come from (or their extra abilities), but it infuriates me because I just want to play the game as it was made. Play it and play it fair. How do we get these guys out of our games?
>
> Why are you so quick to blame it on modders? Do you know that running unsigned code on an XBox 360 is probably one of the most difficult things to do. There are tutorials out there, but would you have figured it out on your own? Can you name any of these modders?

Well, maybe not modders . . . but I have definitely encountered a few lag switchers. Most of the times, teleportation is just crappy connections. But there have been a few where - based on when and how the lag occurred - it was almost certainly deliberate.

Never seen a modder, though.

> > How many times have you nearly won a game and it just starts lagging the whole team while the other team trolls and kills everyone? Not gonna say hackers or lag switch every time, because sometimes you just get a crap connection… it happens. But… What really gets me is when I’m playing a playlist, like SWAT for example, and I can distinctly see -FROM THE YOINKING KILLCAM- that a player is using a mod like “aimbot” and scoring headshot kills when my face was nowhere near the HUD’s target display. And it seems that one out of every two SWAT matches has a Modder. Another that I notice is when I am completely out of sight of EVERYONE, and yet an enemy can just “happen by” and blast away. It has a superior radar effect. I don’t know where these people come from (or their extra abilities), but it infuriates me because I just want to play the game as it was made. Play it and play it fair. How do we get these guys out of our games?
>
> Why are you so quick to blame it on modders? Do you know that running unsigned code on an XBox 360 is probably one of the most difficult things to do. There are tutorials out there, but would you have figured it out on your own? <mark>Can you name any of these modders?</mark>

Thats against the rules, to call out the modders.
On Topic: I wouldn’t bet on it being modders.

There are a bunch of posts with videos and gamertags on the internet of people hacking modding the game.

There are those types of people out there and it is happening. Hopefully 343i can take care of the issue.

There is actually a very large difference between Hacking and Modding…

HACKING: Modifying a product to achieve harmful and/or unfair intentions towards it’s producers and towards it’s consumers.

MODDING: Modifying a product to achieve abilities that were initially disabled and/or add new content to benefit the user in a way that does little to no harm to it’s producers and consumers.

Modding Halo in it’s definition will not get you banned by 343, but hacking it will. There is no need to report someone who uploaded a modded game type to the file share. Most mods found on the file share benefit the community and even 343 in some instances.

Most things that you’d think was a result of someone hacking the game are normally results of lag. It is also extremely difficult to hack into Halo with the used of a J-Tag, and with a J-Tagged Xbox, you are likely to get permanently banned within minutes.

Don’t report modders, it’s not necessary, they give our community and 343 the inspiration for future Halo games. We should all be more accepting of creativity, even if it was assisted by mods.

One of my friend’s footage. Really impressive…

I’ve seen plenty of lag and lag-switch but so far I have yet to catch a Mod or Hack in Matchmaking.

Modding is so incredibly rare in this game that almost zero people here have run into it. To the players who are convinced they are getting cheated on a regular basis you are either running into lag, getting outclassed or both.