Hacking in Halo 4

Is halo 4 protected from hackers? This will be a major turnoff for when I play. I just bumped into one on Reach, and yes, I’ll say that it is rare on Reach. But seriously? There are barely any players on Reach, comparing it to games like MW3 and Halo 3 during its prime days. I’m sure that due to Reach, there have been a bunch more prestige hackers in MW3. If Halo 4 is successful, then hackers will probably play it too.

Is Halo 4 good enough?

Oh, and by the way, I would like it if hackers played it - it means its successful. But I’m hoping that what they do don’t work.

> I would like it if hackers played it

Really?

Because I don’t, they ruin it for everyone.

People who standby games/blackscreen for weapons or force pull host should all be banned.

NO!! Hackers and their sympathisers should not be tolerated.

“Oh, and by the way, I would like it if hackers played it - it means its successful. But I’m hoping that what they do don’t work.”

Its like saying a jackal wont kill and eat your baby if you give it a loaf of bread to it.

Seriously? No. I hope 343’s ban hammer takes no mercy on cheaters.
I don’t understand your idea that ‘there are barely any players on Reach.’

I never have a problem getting a game…

Hacking in halo has always been pretty hard due to the way it’s coded. You also need an online JTAG which there are only around 20-30 people in the world who do have one.

If you’r talking about ddos during a game then 343 can’t do anything, it’s up how strong your internet is. All you can do about ddos is report it and move on.

The only hacking you can really do is campaign which is game saves to have unlimited health and unlimited ammo which doesn’t ruin it at all.

Why would you want hackers to come and potentially ruin Halo 4?

Skewed logic indeed.

I have experienced 3 hackers in Halo 3 in its entire history and none in Reach so far. Cheaters, in their hundreds in both.

I think I know what you’re getting at though.
I don’t think anyone hacks or cheats in Viva Piñata online because there is no desirability to do so. However, as Halo offers ranks that people want, they will hack or cheat to get them.
In essence it is a nice situation to be in, you have a system that attracts players and inspires a competition, however, some will try and cheat it. A good Banhammer can only do so much, and by removing the desirability, your fan base and online population will suffer.

Video game hackers deserve to die. I’m not joking. Anyone who cares so much about his precious KDR that he has to use hacks and illegitimate tactics to make up for his lack of skill and effort likely has zero intellectual value to offer to this world.

At least it will never be like Halo 2… Hopefully…

Well, hacking in Reach isn’t easy. Only the few people who can get their JTAGs and DevKits (hacked Xboxes) online without getting banned can do it. That’s probably less than, or around one hundred people. Once they’re online, the only way it could be taken into 343’s hands is with some kind of proof system. Either people send them film clips, or they detect aim-bots (the most popular mod). Other than that, preventing JTAGs from going online is mostly Microsoft’s job, and not 343’s. It’s up to the community to get them banned.

> I would like it if hackers played it - it means its successful. But I’m hoping that what they do don’t work.

I hope for the sake of humanity that this is a troll, because anyone who sympathizes with people who cheat & rely on hacks due to having no skill whatsoever, deserves a royal flogging with the Banhammer just as much as the offenders. It’s bad enough with all these muppets running around in Reach, but you want them in Halo 4 as well? I don’t have time for this nonsense…

Go. Seriously, get out now!

The hackers ruined Halo: Reach for me… I would definitley hate it if a hacker was showing leaked parts of the game and campaign that we really don’t want to know by them.

I’ve never seen a hacker ever in any game.

> I’ve never seen a hacker ever in any game.

Lol, have you played Call of Duty 4 and 5 recently? God mode, aim bot, wall hack, unlimited ammo, instakill damage, EXP hacks.

Just seen an hex squad yesterday… they were obviously doing something because it’s impossible to see a brand new ghost destroyed with just 3, and believe me just 3, DMR shot… after few seconds they already have a sniper ad a shotgun/sword each one, on Complex, and that’s absolutely impossible…

Most of the things seen in h4 are lag.

It’s nearly impossible to mod halo past 2.

There are actually some really really good mods for the first two games.

However Microsoft console bans jtags and the lack of modding tools for the later halos makes modding pointless.

> Most of the things seen in h4 are lag.
>
> <mark>It’s nearly impossible to mod halo past 2</mark>.
>
> There are actually some really really good mods for the first two games.
>
> However Microsoft console bans jtags and the lack of modding tools for the later halos makes modding pointless.

LOL! whatever makes you sleep at night.

Action Replay. Original Xbox. Get at me.

Let me explain:
The version Xbox 360 required for jtag is not the best and most have seen rrod.

The modding tools post halo 2 just aren’t good.

Halo 2 mods had ai in multiplayer, [bloc] object spawning, bsp injections, skinning bit maps etc.

Halo 3, reach, 4 mods are aimbot, move fast, jump high.
…boring