Hackers in halo infinite multiplayer

Alright so considering no one is talking about this I guess I might have to. So as we all know halo infinite multiplayer will be free right, so doesn’t that mean that there is going to be hackers every so often?

Being free to play opens up the available and potential population of the game, but it doesn’t mean it will be full of people cheating / bypassing anti-cheat solutions - of course that doesn’t guarantee people won’t find ways around them. I’m sure the solution that 343 is working on will stop things like this from interfering with matchmaking

> 2533274873752455;1:
> Alright so considering no one is talking about this I guess I might have to. So as we all know halo infinite multiplayer will be free right, so doesn’t that mean that there is going to be hackers every so often?

While I haven’t played much of MCC I haven’t heard of any cheaters there. There’s other F2P games like Warframe that have never had a cheating issue. If the security is good enough I don’t it’ll be much of a problem.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I am worried about this too, people can bypass ip bans and machine bans, and with free accounts can just boot one right up to start a new, a month ago one of our teamates on halo 3 MCC crossplay was flying around in swat, instant killing players, heres the video: <mark>link removed by moderator</mark>

> 2533274975565198;3:
> > 2533274873752455;1:
> > Alright so considering no one is talking about this I guess I might have to. So as we all know halo infinite multiplayer will be free right, so doesn’t that mean that there is going to be hackers every so often?
>
> While I haven’t played much of MCC I haven’t heard of any cheaters there. There’s other F2P games like Warframe that have never had a cheating issue. If the security is good enough I don’t it’ll be much of a problem.

see my comment, have video proof that cheaters are in mcc

> 2533274855864618;4:
>

Well that’s news to me. Looks like 343i will need to seek a better means of anti-cheat. I think using a 3rd party anti-cheat will open the multiplayer up to weaknesses like that, because people will have had more time to poke and prod those anti-cheat systems to see what works, and what doesn’t. It’s definitely not impossible to protect against cheaters, but they’ll probably need some assistance from Microsoft to have a newer one developed for Infinite as the current one apparently has some weaknesses.

> 2533274873752455;1:
> Alright so considering no one is talking about this I guess I might have to. So as we all know halo infinite multiplayer will be free right, so doesn’t that mean that there is going to be hackers every so often?

No more hackers than any other Halo game, and I usually dont find many, at least on Xbox

I don’t think MCC has anymore hackers than the average multiplayer game does. I have over 600 hours in MCC, played since launch of Reach in PC and I have never once come across a hacker or at the very least one that i could obviously discern was cheating. The people who did end up fighting one, I feel bad for you since you clearly got very unlucky though I seriously doubt Infinite will have a serious hacker problem. It will be inevitable some people will get through the anti-cheat, but that’s just the nature of the arms race between hackers and anti-cheating programs.

> 2533274873752455;1:

Some will slip through however MCC does a good job in my experience. I am sure it will be an uphill battle just like any other game.

Even payed games have huge amounts of hackers. (Old) Cs rainbow six. Pubg etc etc

yeah hackers do exist unfortunately, my last posts were hidden because they had proof of that in mcc, I guess links to youtube aren’t allowed?

I am pretty sure 343 is watching closely how bad Warzone is populated with cheaters mostly due to the fact their no anti cheat implementated in the game, which is pathetic. You will never be able to fully stop cheating but a company should be able to limit the amount of cheaters.

Unfortunately cheating is like a tech arms race. I think anyone who thinks that it can be entirely prevented is kidding themselves. To repeat what stckrboy 343 sound pretty confident in their solution, when cheating does occur it should hopefully be pretty minimal.

> 2533274855864618;11:
> yeah hackers do exist unfortunately, my last posts were hidden because they had proof of that in mcc, I guess links to youtube aren’t allowed?

I believe discussing cheating, including showing it happening, is against the rules. Discussing skepticism about anti-cheat is not. It’s a thin line to tread. You should clarify with the mods just to be sure. Just send them a DM they won’t bite.

I don’t think cheaters are going to be a problem, because idk why halo has a real good anticheat system. As 20 years of playing halo i never seen a hacker or something weird in game. So im not worried.