Habits or behaviours when playing Halo

Hi, just a random post out of curiosity and a thought that came to my mind when playing.

Do any of you have stuff or silly things you do when playing? I for example have a couple of things I do haha like:

1. 90% of the time when theres a powerful weapon or vehicle spawning or in the battlefield I dont pick it up and instead defend it so a teammate picks it up and gives it a better use than me. Im very afraid of wasting the potential or getting the weapon/vehicle taken from me by an enemy :’)
  2. When I get shot out of nowhere I use the melee button out of panic
  3. I reload after every single kill, I could use only one bullet and I still feel like I need to reload because “oh, maybe this one bullet makes the difference for the next fight” (yes, I get killed A LOT because of this habit :'3)
  4. I start meleeing the air when waiting or going through a long road in a big map
  5. When in the loading screen I press the triggers a lot to hype myself lol

what are yours? :0

My “silly habit” is that I always melee when I’m running somewhere on campaign. On co-op CE, I always catch the person I play with XD

I have this strange habit of pressing the crouch button several times when I’m right on top of the corpse of an enemy I’ve killed. It’s just a reaction really, I can’t be blamed for it!

Habit that I do constantly is:

• Every time I finish taking down an enemy, I always recharge (even if I spend a bullet), and that makes me an easy target for others, because I play as a runner.

• Every time I grab a Banshee in the field, I always do pirouettes for boredom, and more when I am in levels such as “Attack on the control room”, “Two betrayals”, “The Arbiter”, “The Covenant”, "Kikwani Station ", etc.

• Managed once to put a Banshhe and a tank in a door where only one player or one NPC fits.

It’s what I do most regularly in my Halo games.

i every time i shoot i will no matter what always reload to a full chamber xD

Each time I switch from Halo 5 to Halo MCC I sometimes forget the controls especially for melee, and of course readjusting for the POV gun angle.

When I’m in any form engagement and I see the opponent reloading, I charge to beat them down

Just like you, I reload after every single engagement, even if I only shot 1 bullet. Then there is my method of travel between fight, I jump everywhere. Don’t know where I learnt the habit but I’ve done it since the first time I picked up a halo game.

These are the habits I have. They mainly concern Halo 5, but many of them also apply to older games.

• Always playing as Fred in co-op campaign and never picking anyone else. Besides, Linda is pretty overrated anyways, and most enemies in H5 are resistant to sniper bullets. - Going back to last checkpoint upon or before dying. Mainly in Halo 5 every time I play as Fred (I value his life so much). - Playing with the music off. Sometimes I even turn the voice volume off. - Reloading after every engagement, even if I spent just one bullet. - Panicking by spamming melees or explosive weapons in very difficult situations.

I am more of a support player. Not particularly skilled. I like using the DMR and BR.

If my teamate hits or shoots me, I will kill them.
If I get pushed or moved unintentionally by a teammate it makes me very very angry for some odd reason lmao
Also, I tend to be very stealthy in 4v4 maps, especially so when it’s a 1v1.
I always keep my weapon loaded!
And I always find it very hard to counter overly-aggressive players, or close-quarters attacks

If I have a sniper I might give it to someone else because I’m not that good at using the weapon.

I can relate to 3 & 4 a lot. One thing I tend to do while playing is, and I don’t realize I’m doing it until I catch myself, is that when I get into the moment heavy I tend to dip my head down so my chin is basically on my chest and I’m looking up at the screen which is in reality directly in front of me at eye level (if sitting normally). I really need to break that subliminal habit as it leaves me with a stiff neck sometimes, not to mention how stupid I must look.

> 2535442623279553;1:
> Hi, just a random post out of curiosity and a thought that came to my mind when playing.
>
> Do any of you have stuff or silly things you do when playing? I for example have a couple of things I do haha like:
> 1. 90% of the time when theres a powerful weapon or vehicle spawning or in the battlefield I dont pick it up and instead defend it so a teammate picks it up and gives it a better use than me. Im very afraid of wasting the potential or getting the weapon/vehicle taken from me by an enemy :’)
> 2. When I get shot out of nowhere I use the melee button out of panic
> 3. I reload after every single kill, I could use only one bullet and I still feel like I need to reload because “oh, maybe this one bullet makes the difference for the next fight” (yes, I get killed A LOT because of this habit :'3)
> 4. I start meleeing the air when waiting or going through a long road in a big map
> 5. When in the loading screen I press the triggers a lot to hype myself lol
>
> what are yours? :0

I used to do all of these, especially the reloading one. Its a conscious effort to wait until i know im safe to reload. But i still punch the air and "y y " quite often to keep me active in the game and keep me focused.

> 2535442623279553;1:
> Hi, just a random post out of curiosity and a thought that came to my mind when playing.
>
> Do any of you have stuff or silly things you do when playing? I for example have a couple of things I do haha like:
> 1. 90% of the time when theres a powerful weapon or vehicle spawning or in the battlefield I dont pick it up and instead defend it so a teammate picks it up and gives it a better use than me. Im very afraid of wasting the potential or getting the weapon/vehicle taken from me by an enemy :’)
> 2. When I get shot out of nowhere I use the melee button out of panic
> 3. I reload after every single kill, I could use only one bullet and I still feel like I need to reload because “oh, maybe this one bullet makes the difference for the next fight” (yes, I get killed A LOT because of this habit :'3)
> 4. I start meleeing the air when waiting or going through a long road in a big map
> 5. When in the loading screen I press the triggers a lot to hype myself lol
>
> what are yours? :0

I have the same habits hahaha besides that when there is sudden death I get very close to the tv xd

For me definitely throwing grenades, it’s like instinct now…

> 2535461884091985;5:
> i every time i shoot i will no matter what always reload to a full chamber xD

Honestly I do that a lot too! In every game really xD

My silly habits are

1. Meleeing and switching weapons while jumping constantly in either campaign or multiplayer

2. Reloading after every fight

3. Avoiding certain power weapons since I’m not good using them like the spartan laser for certain Halo’s or the sniper on H3.

4. Usually going in for a melee kill even if shooting them is more viable.

5. Usually wasting both of my grenades by throwing them towards the enemy spawn near the beginning of a match, it might be a waste but when it gets someone it’s nice.