Ha, I just noticed this on the Sniper

So I was re-watching the Halo 4 UNSC Weapons video and when it got to the Sniper sequence, there was no bloom on the Sniper when fired what-so-ever. This is pretty awesome as I thought that the bloom on the sniper in Reach really served no purpose other than showing when it could be fired again.

I don’t think it is really necessary anyway to have bloom on the sniper seeing as though some players will most likely “spam” the trigger for lack of a better word, just based on reflex.

Do you all like this decision by having the Sniper reticule behave like past Halo’s?

There is bloom on hip-fire, but none when scoped.

> There is bloom on hip-fire, but none when scoped.

Nah, even when he fired from the hip there was no bloom in the video. Watch closely.

Friend told me about this, I was rather happy, the bloom on the Sniper in Reach played a part if you cancelled a reload by double tapping Y then instantly firing again.

> Friend told me about this, I was rather happy, the bloom on the Sniper in Reach played a part if you cancelled a reload by double tapping Y then instantly firing again.

I have experiments to run now lol

I believe this makes many people happier …

Me included

> I believe this makes many people happier …
>
> Me included

Same here :smiley:

Yeah, bloom didn’t look right with the new zoomed-in HUD circle things. Glad it’s ZB, makes it look so much better.

> There is bloom on hip-fire, but none when scoped.

Not true. Have a look at the weapons video. :slight_smile:

I thought the bloom on the sniper in Reach was a clever way of punishing people who glitched their way into firing faster than the intended max RoF…

What’s the big deal? The bloom on the sniper was purely aesthetic.

> What’s the big deal? The bloom on the sniper was purely aesthetic.

If it was purely aesthetic, whats the point of even having bloom on the sniper? Riddle me that, Batman.

> > What’s the big deal? The bloom on the sniper was purely aesthetic.
>
> If it was purely aesthetic, whats the point of even having bloom on the sniper? Riddle me that, Batman.

i think they put it in there simply to annoy people using the sniper. To make it harder to use. Sniper play greatly separates the skilled from the unskilled in Halo, something Bungie wanted to do away with.

There is recoil based muzzle climb now instead. it resets to center, but again is something to throw off your aim by making you second guess yourself, and make using the sniper harder.

However, I greatly prefer that aesthetic to bloom. It makes more sense.

> > What’s the big deal? The bloom on the sniper was purely aesthetic.
>
> If it was purely aesthetic, whats the point of even having bloom on the sniper? Riddle me that, Batman.

To show you when you could fire again, a very simple yet effective tool that allowed even a newbie to fire the sniper at it’s maximum RoF. In Previous games you had to learn when you could fire again, something that would be lethal to a newbie in a sniper fight.
I like the lack of visual bloom, n0o need to make sniping even easier then it already is.

> > > What’s the big deal? The bloom on the sniper was purely aesthetic.
> >
> > If it was purely aesthetic, whats the point of even having bloom on the sniper? Riddle me that, Batman.
>
> To show you when you could fire again, a very simple yet effective tool that allowed even a newbie to fire the sniper at it’s maximum RoF. In Previous games you had to learn when you could fire again, something that would be lethal to a newbie in a sniper fight.
> I like the lack of visual bloom, n0o need to make sniping even easier then it already is.

Yeah but based on reflex for a lot of people, they would just spam the trigger until they could fire again. I used to spam the Sniper in Halo 3 just so I could get the maximum RoF possible. People even did this with the BR, Magnum, Carbine, pretty much every precision weapon in Halo 1, 2 and 3.