H5's File Sharing is good, but can be improved

Not too quite sure what to title this, I’m pretty much talking about the overall file sharing in Halo 5 and how I feel about it and spreading a couple ideas. Also I don’t browse here too often, only made my first post like a week ago, so if this issue has been brought up before then that’s why (like my post on the lack of multiplayer map variety). Just bare with me.

I really like the bookmarking system in Halo 5. More convenient I feel than just downloading the maps. Plus, if a map changes, you don’t have to redownload it. It is an improvement for sure, not that the old one was bad or anything.

A problem to me is that every single file a player has is automatically shared. I’m the kind of person that likes to just download every single map in a person’s file browser when I find one. I browse for Forge maps a lot. The problem happens when I play a map and it is unfinished. Yes, descriptions are a thing and they can say “Unfinished”, but even so I still think we need the option to not share a map until we want to. It would allow a creator to have more control over when he/she wants to release a map or what maps they want to release at all.

Why is there not just an option for this? Just to choose if you want to share a map or not. I feel an update should add this option. To choose whether or not you want to share a map or not. If an update does add this though, it’d have to automatically share all maps on a person’s file share at the time of the update (so people don’t lose all of their bookmarks).

So I didn’t just wanna say that. I got an idea that would be pretty nifty. Nothing necessary, but just overall cool. Folders for your bookmarks. I have plenty of Forge maps downloaded (wish I had more people to play them with though :o, would love to host more custom games like I did in the good 'ol Reach / 4 times).
I have many different kinds of maps, and I don’t wanna have to scroll all the way down to a lot of my dl’d Race maps because they were the first ones I downloaded, so what if I could just make a Folder called “Race” and place it there? I could also have an Infection folder, and people can have many different kinds of folders (examples could be like “2v2”, “MLG”, “Remakes”, etc.) Would make sorting your bookmarks an actual thing, and could make browsing through them easier.

That’s all I gotta say on this matter, I guess.

The folders sound like a GREAT addition. I’ve also wanted folders for a while, I like to be organized and be able to find maps and whatnot faster than having to scroll for 5 kind trying to find a map. Great idea.

It drives me crazy that my unfinished maps are available to bookmark! I have a large following, and when the file browser came out I noticed that a bunch of unplayable maps of mine had hundreds of bookmarks! Also, a few months ago someone tried to pass off my map as their own while trying to get a YouTube feature. Not cool. I’m also nervous that when pre-fabs come out that people will be able to easily steal portions of other people’s maps.

> 2533274794242693;3:
> It drives me crazy that my unfinished maps are available to bookmark! I have a large following, and when the file browser came out I noticed that a bunch of unplayable maps of mine had hundreds of bookmarks! Also, a few months ago someone tried to pass off my map as their own while trying to get a YouTube feature. Not cool. I’m also nervous that when pre-fabs come out that people will be able to easily steal portions of other people’s maps.

Pre-Fabs? What are those? I think I’m missing something lol

343 will eventually add a feature that lets us save a group of objects on one map, then add said group to a different map. There were details in a community update a few months ago. A Forger could specialize entirely on making cool bases, buildings, and such (as opposed to making full maps), and other forgers could use those groups on their map.

> 2533274794242693;3:
> It drives me crazy that my unfinished maps are available to bookmark! I have a large following, and when the file browser came out I noticed that a bunch of unplayable maps of mine had hundreds of bookmarks!

I agree. As it stands, all you can do is set up a working profile to create your map then transfer the finished version to your primary (public) account.

It’s beyond messy.

> 2533274862181038;6:
> > 2533274794242693;3:
> > It drives me crazy that my unfinished maps are available to bookmark! I have a large following, and when the file browser came out I noticed that a bunch of unplayable maps of mine had hundreds of bookmarks!
>
>
> I agree. As it stands, all you can do is set up a working profile to create your map then transfer the finished version to your primary (public) account.
>
> It’s beyond messy.

Yeah I know a guy who uses a second account with random letters & numbers for his Ninja Warrior competition maps so that people can’t practice on them. It’s kind of crazy that we have to resort to solutions like this, all for a problem that never used to be a problem.

> 2533274794242693;5:
> 343 will eventually add a feature that lets us save a group of objects on one map, then add said group to a different map. There were details in a community update a few months ago. A Forger could specialize entirely on making cool bases, buildings, and such (as opposed to making full maps), and other forgers could use those groups on their map.

This could be solved by an option to enable or disable it on certain maps easily. Hope they do it… and everything else I’ve suggested lol.