H5: The Return of the King

Fellow Halo fans,
it have been rough years for our beloved franchise.

The Halo world trembled under the huge hit that was Bungie leaving both it’s creation and loyal Halo fans behind.
343i struggled to live up to the immensely high standards set by their predecessors.

It didn’t take long until we first heard people saying that ‘Halo is dead’.
We had the community fighting each other for months while the franchise seemed to struggle to find it’s place in the modern shooter market without loosing it’s soul, without loosing what makes Halo Halo.
We had the very sad tale of the MCC - both a tremendous love letter and one of the biggest let-downs in videogame history.

For me it was an emotional rollercoaster ride - and sometimes I was really sad to see my favorite franchise going through such a hard time.

But finally the wind is turning. The H5 Beta seemed to me like that first step into a promising future - and while it sure as hell wasn’t all sunshine since then the community is steadily getting behind not only the game but the developer as well. While some parts of the community are inevitably unhappy about this or that decision I really have a feeling that the overwhelming majority is extremely optimistic that H5 might be something special.
In fact, I can’t remember being so excited for a Halo game for a long long time - and I know from people’s reactions all over the net that I’m not alone with that feeling.

The road to H5 has been an exceptional one. Starting with the great Beta that actually was a real Beta, to the mind-blowing Hunt the Truth series and 343i’s behind the scenes The Sprint episodes. Add to the list the amazing H5 intro cinematic, the launch commercials and Kazuma’s epic compositions and you have one happy Halo fan.

Today I was driving to work with the tramway and I had to fight to hold back the tears while listening to H5’s track ‘The Trails’. Yeah, a 30 year old grown-up with tears in his eyes - the song simply reminded me of how much I love this franchise. For me the song is a perfect symbol of H5: It honors both the Halo legacy while mixing in something completely new and exciting.

In my heart I will forever be a Halo fan - and all that is left for me to say is this: Brothers and sisters, we are back!

Yeah even for H4 I wasn’t really all that hyped. But with this game oh my god I almost can’t stand that we still have 22 days left. And some of my friends who get dev copies have less time than that, gawd they make me so jealous lol. I think this Halo is definitely going to to high places.

Duke Nukem is in Halo 5 :open_mouth:

That song is better than all of Destiny’s gameplay.

> 2533274816299345;4:
> That song is better than all of Destiny’s gameplay.

Even post Taken King? Because that gameplay is beast.

> 2533274848577435;5:
> > 2533274816299345;4:
> > That song is better than all of Destiny’s gameplay.
>
>
> Even post Taken King? Because that gameplay is beast.

Destiny’s gameplay is top notch.

But I prefer Kazuma’s work in H5 over Marty’s in Destiny so far.

> 2533274848577435;5:
> > 2533274816299345;4:
> > That song is better than all of Destiny’s gameplay.
>
>
> Even post Taken King? Because that gameplay is beast.

The Taken King is how the game should have been released, it really completed the game and made it better overall. However; I’ve been more hyped for Halo 5 than I ever was Destiny. Two totally different games, but the crucible in Destiny won’t be able to hold a candle to Halo 5s multiplayer PvP. Destiny is a fun game, but it ends quick and overstays its welcome, and at the end it feels like a chore to get on daily to collect what you need. I’ve never felt like a Halo game was ever a chore to jump into and continue to play its multiplayer.

And by the way OP the song was pretty awesome, definitely a good soundtrack, as always.

> 2533274848577435;5:
> > 2533274816299345;4:
> > That song is better than all of Destiny’s gameplay.
>
>
> Even post Taken King? Because that gameplay is beast.

I never made it that far. I only buy DLC for games I really like. Not on a promise that the game only gets fun after level 20, after you buy a poorly reviewed expansion, after you buy another poorly reviewed expansion, after you repurchase the entire game with a third expansion that’s double the price of what it should be … then it’ll be fun? They fooled me at launch, and, you know “Fool me once” …

Halo 5 is going to end up being a daily thing for me for a while. Years, probably. Actually, I should say “definitely for years” as I still play CE, H2, H3, Reach, ODST, & H4 and it’s been years since their respective releases. I loved the beta, it was far superior to Halo 4’s matchmaking and felt like a mix of the best aspects of Halo 4 (movement and gunplay) and Halo 3 (balance, teamwork, equal starts). And I love Halo 4 (especially campaign) so I’m already about 90% certain Halo 5 is going to nail it in both the campaign and matchmaking departments. It may even be my new favorite, which is and always has been Combat Evolved … but we’ll see.

And the soundtrack alone is bananas! It’s so good, I called it “bananas” … who even says that anymore?

> 2533274883669557;8:
> > 2533274848577435;5:
> > > 2533274816299345;4:
> > > That song is better than all of Destiny’s gameplay.
> >
> >
> > Even post Taken King? Because that gameplay is beast.
>
>
> I never made it that far. I only buy DLC for games I really like. Not on a promise that the game only gets fun after level 20, after you buy a poorly reviewed expansion, after you buy another poorly reviewed expansion, after you repurchase the entire game with a third expansion that’s double the price of what it should be … then it’ll be fun? They fooled me at launch, and, you know “Fool me once” …
>
> Halo 5 is going to end up being a daily thing for me for a while. Years, probably. Actually, I should say “definitely for years” as I still play CE, H2, H3, Reach, ODST, & H4 and it’s been years since their respective releases. I loved the beta, it was far superior to Halo 4’s matchmaking and felt like a mix of the best aspects of Halo 4 (movement and gunplay) and Halo 3 (balance, teamwork, equal starts). And I love Halo 4 (especially campaign) so I’m already about 90% certain Halo 5 is going to nail it in both the campaign and matchmaking departments. It may even be my new favorite, which is and always has been Combat Evolved … but we’ll see.
>
> And the soundtrack alone is bananas! It’s so good, I said called it “bananas” … who even says that anymore?

Only fruit loops haha :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274793332039;1:
> Fellow Halo fans,
> it have been rough years for our beloved franchise.
>
> The Halo world trembled under the huge hit that was Bungie leaving both it’s creation and loyal Halo fans behind.
> 343i struggled to live up to the immensely high standards set by their predecessors.
>
> It didn’t take long until we first heard people saying that ‘Halo is dead’.
> We had the community fighting each other for months while the franchise seemed to struggle to find it’s place in the modern shooter market without loosing it’s soul, without loosing what makes Halo Halo.
> We had the very sad tale of the MCC - both a tremendous love letter and one of the biggest let-downs in videogame history.
>
> For me it was an emotional rollercoaster ride - and sometimes I was really sad to see my favorite franchise going through such a hard time.
>
> But finally the wind is turning. The H5 Beta seemed to me like that first step into a promising future - and while it sure as hell wasn’t all sunshine since then the community is steadily getting behind not only the game but the developer as well. While some parts of the community are inevitably unhappy about this or that decision I really have a feeling that the overwhelming majority is extremely optimistic that H5 might be something special.
> In fact, I can’t remember being so excited for a Halo game for a long long time - and I know from people’s reactions all over the net that I’m not alone with that feeling.
>
> The road to H5 has been an exceptional one. Starting with the great Beta that actually was a real Beta, to the mind-blowing Hunt the Truth series and 343i’s behind the scenes The Sprint episodes. Add to the list the amazing H5 intro cinematic, the launch commercials and Kazuma’s epic compositions and you have one happy Halo fan.
>
> Today I was driving to work with the tramway and I had to fight to hold back the tears while listening to H5’s track ‘The Trails’. Yeah, a 30 year old grown-up with tears in his eyes - the song simply reminded me of how much I love this franchise. For me the song is a perfect symbol of H5: It honors both the Halo legacy while mixing in something completely new and exciting.
>
> In my heart I will forever be a Halo fan - and all that is left for me to say is this: Brothers and sisters, we are back!

Same here, I just know I am going to absolutely love this game. Just 3 more weeks!

Hoorah to that Spartan! I was looking The Trials last night at work and I cried years because of how long I’ve been away from my beloved favorite franchise. HALO 5 no doubt will be a comeback and I believe this time 343 is giving the We are giving this every ounce of power we have to the bandwagon haters.

With the HCS coming into Halo 5. I believe it’ll come back so much that Halo will be back on top competitive wise.

> 2533274793332039;6:
> > 2533274848577435;5:
> > > 2533274816299345;4:
> > > That song is better than all of Destiny’s gameplay.
> >
> >
> > Even post Taken King? Because that gameplay is beast.
>
>
> Destiny’s gameplay is top notch.
>
> But I prefer Kazuma’s work in H5 over Marty’s in Destiny so far.

leveling has improved, but the crucible is still garbage.

> 2535416383459646;3:
> Duke Nukem is in Halo 5 :open_mouth:

I laughed at this a lot more than I should have, Hail to the King :crown: baby! :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274813317074;13:
> > 2535416383459646;3:
> > Duke Nukem is in Halo 5 :open_mouth:
>
>
> I laughed at this a lot more than I should have, Hail to the King :crown: baby! :stuck_out_tongue:

But he said that power armor are for -Yoink- in Duke Nukem Forever. But then I remember…

…Duke Nukem Forever…

a good story about a man, and a song… a man who was filled with emotions and disbelief… could this be the game that would put halo back on top?! only time will tell fellow spartans

Everyone who is saying H5 is gonna be really awesome and criticizing Destiny, please put your hands where your mouth is, and by that I mean that once the game releases, put really lots of gameplay hours into it. Let’s make H5 the #1 game in Xbox LIVE activity chart, and make it stay there for a while.

#1 place in Xbox LIVE activity chart is where this game belongs, the true throne for the king. Hail to the king!

Oh man, I thought this was going to be a Lord of the Rings thread.

I think Halo 5 could honestly return us all to the glory days of the original trilogy. For too long, Halo fans have been dormant. But I feel that this game will finally reunite us under one banner and Halo will once again be a top contender in the gaming industry. But in the end, it comes down to us fans. WE are the factor that decides whether or not Halo becomes king again. So with that in mind, let’s all go out there and give em hell Spartans! OOH RAH!

> 2535468947915585;18:
> I think Halo 5 could honestly return us all to the glory days of the original trilogy. For too long, Halo fans have been dormant. But I feel that this game will finally reunite us under one banner and Halo will once again be a top contender in the gaming industry. But in the end, it comes down to us fans. WE are the factor that decides whether or not Halo becomes king again. So with that in mind, let’s all go out there and give em hell Spartans! OOH RAH!

Preach it brother! Preach!

This game is what will finally make me stop calling it the ShitBox Done. All hail, the inheritor of awesome, the titan of Xbox, the inventor of all FPS as we know it. All hail Halo.

Now I just need to wait for the ShitBox Done to go on sale, 'cause as awesome as Halo 5 is I’m not dropping 400 bucks for a single game.