H5 Scuf or No Scuf

I’m sure this has been asked before but I was just wondering on what everyone might be going with in Halo 5, since a scuf might make things more convenient with some of the new movements added in H5 or possibly no difference at all.

Someone mind telling me what a Scuf is? 0.o

> 2533274807231709;2:
> Someone mind telling me what a Scuf is? 0.o

a scuf is controller that has custom paddles on the back that operate as lets say the A button or what ever button you want, you can look em up and get a better idea then me trying to explain it

> 2533274807231709;2:

Scuf controllerIt’s a great controller, I have one myself. It’s useful, and helps tremendously in comparison to regular controllers, or trying to claw it.

I just want a cape for my spartan

People say these controllers are fair but, really, they aren’t. I am using a default but I know there will always be people using special controllers, it is just how things are…

> 2533274831388058;6:
> People say these controllers are fair but, really, they aren’t. I am using a default but I know there will always be people using special controllers, it is just how things are…

I’m somewhere in the middle as far as considering scufs to be fair. I guess the only thing I have to add here is that they are tournament approved and able to be used in competitive environments. IMO, console manufacturers should have always made multiple controller configurations to let their consumers choose. That way, we could choose a legit first party controller with paddles on the back as opposed to buttons on the front that make you migrate your thumbs off the sticks.

> 2533274807231709;2:

Scufs have two distinct ways to give gamers a competitive edge. The first and most obvious is the back of the controller has paddles assigned to front buttons. This means one could thrust, jump, reload, and switch weapons (if you buy the 4 paddle, a 2 paddle design is available for a little cheaper) without their thumbs leaving the sticks. This leads to increased mobility and the ability to introduce new tactics and decrease reaction time.

The other way is with trigger modification. In my scuf, I can raise the bottommost point of the trigger press to whatever height I desire. This means if the BR fires at halfway down the trigger pull, I can raise the bottom to that point which would lead to me needing to move the trigger less than other gamers and theoretically firing faster than them.

I also have a raised right stick with a convex design and a lowered left stick with a concave design. All of these things add up to making me just a little bit faster and a little more deadly than I was before I got my scuf. I can’t tell you how useful it has been to be able to switch weapons while turning when playing The Library on Legendary. It impacts every level and every online match you play, obviously but that’s the first time I really noticed a difference. My go-to weapons on that level are AR and Shotgun, and it was incredibly nice to switch between the two while turning to face my next target.

As I’m sure everyone can see, I’m a big fan of my scuf and can’t recommend it enough. Whether it’s fair or not is another topic of conversation that I still kind of don’t know where I land.

> ZealotSangheili said:
> Those controllers are just too expensive for me. I’ll stick with the standard ones and bumper jumper.

I’m not trying to sell you one, and I promise I don’t get paid to promote them lol but they have a trade in program where if you send in a controller you already have they will modify it for much cheaper than buying one of their controllers outright. I got one of my controllers scuf’d up with 4 paddles, special thumbsticks, and trigger stops for about $80. I couldn’t be happier with it.

I also use bumper jumper though, #jmpr4life!

Those controllers are just too expensive for me. I’ll stick with the standard ones and bumper jumper.

Its somert like 40 pound just for a extra few buttons on the back… looked into one but if ur getting one you may as well go full out. I don’t really have 160pound to spend just to play better at a game, ( 17) so maybe when I get a job I might invest into one

> 2533274883108544;9:
> Its somert like 40 pound just for a extra few buttons on the back… looked into one but if ur getting one you may as well go full out. I don’t really have 160pound to spend just to play better at a game, ( 17) so maybe when I get a job I might invest into one

I paid 195 USD for mine, it was worth it. I use it daily. And with the amount of Halo 5 I’ll be playing… I might have to buy another when this one gets worn out.

Always used a default controller…

No problems either??

> 2533274808578327;11:
> Always used a default controller…
>
> No problems either??

Same here. :stuck_out_tongue: hate scuffs

I don’t really care of people buy SCUFs or anything. I use the default controller with the default controls scheme. I’m not looking to play competitively and I won’t ever be top tier. I just play to have fun.

> 2533274795233660;13:
> I don’t really care of people buy SCUFs or anything. I use the default controller with the default controls scheme. I’m not looking to play competitively and I won’t ever be top tier. I just play to have fun.

Read my mind.

I’d probably complain about scufs being unfair if I were a big-time competitive player, but I’m not. I can see where the controversy would come in about them giving players an unfair advantage, but in my situation I am unperturbed by that sentiment.

For the sake of absolute joy, SCUF. Default controls can do it but mapping the mobility buttons underneath with the offensive abilities on bumpers and triggers

I have a Scuf so I’ll be using that. I’m sure it’ll be great to map one of the spartan abilities to one of my back paddles. Thank god I bought the ability to change what button the paddle “presses”

I don’t need to take of my thumbs off the joysticks to be able to jump, reload, etc.

> 2533274810150284;14:
> > 2533274795233660;13:
> > I don’t really care of people buy SCUFs or anything. I use the default controller with the default controls scheme. I’m not looking to play competitively and I won’t ever be top tier. I just play to have fun.
>
>
> Read my mind.
>
> I’d probably complain about scufs being unfair if I were a big-time competitive player, but I’m not. I can see where the controversy would come in about them giving players an unfair advantage, but in my situation I am unperturbed by that sentiment.

That’s because you and I are BFFs

I claw. Paying over £100 for a controller is mindless to me.

> 2535431226288861;19:
> I claw. Paying over £100 for a controller is mindless to me.

Screwing up your hand by using the claw is even more mindless to me.
Everyone has their own way of playing, but the claw has a significant chance of doing long term damage to your hand.