H5 Playlist Suggestions

Hi All, just some suggestions for Halo 5. The aim of this list suggestion is to provide a condensed core of playlists for Halo 5 in order to keep populations in each playlist as topped up as possible. A high population playlist ensures small search times, better skill matching and overall, a better experience. There is a core of 7 playlists for Arena that would make the most sense to me and offer both ranked and unranked experiences for teams of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 - no matter what you’re doing you’ll always have these core experiences to come back to.

The thing about Halo is that there are SO many different variations and everyone has a favourite, so there are additional playlists to supplement this core set of 7 that can be rotated weekly, on the weekend or even permanently depending on demand and I assume most of those I’d listed will become quite popular - there’s no limit to the suggestions for these supplemental playlists either.

Here goes…

Warzone
12v12 Warzone and its variants.

Arena
5v5 - Social Slayer
JiP, slayer only, unranked

4v4 Ranked
Ranked, no JiP, mix of slayer and objectives (ctf, strongholds, assault, oddball) slightly more weight on slayer

4v4 - Breakout
Ranked, no JiP, all Breakout maps and gametypes (including community made favourites)

4v4 - Ranked Classic (could become HCS)
Ranked, no JiP, mix of slayer and objective gametypes (ctf, oddball, king of the hill, strongholds, assault/ricochet) Sprint: off, Thruster: off, Clamber: off?, Ground Pound: off, BR starts, community made maps/recreations of the classics in forge, TTK would need adjusting through RoF to account for decreased mobility, and to make it more classic.

3v3v3v3 - Multi Team
Unranked, JiP, mix of slayer and objective gametypes (king of the hill, regicide, oddball), might need to be 3v3v3 until bigger maps are released.

2v2 - Team Doubles
Ranked, no JiP, mix of slayer and objectives (ctf, strongholds, assault, oddball) slightly more weight on slayer

FFA - Lone Wolf
Ranked FFA, no JiP, mix of slayer and objectives (juggernaut, regicide, king of the hill, headhunter (kill confirmed))

Playlists to be introduced based on demand either through weekly rotation, weekend rotation or permanency.

4v4 snipers
Ranked, no JiP, All the sniper gametypes (shotty snipes, snipes etc)

4v4 Swat
ranked, no JiP, all Swat gametypes including community made maps

8v8 Big Team Battle
Ranked, no JiP, all the big maps once they’re released, mix of slayer and objective gametypes (assault, strongholds, CTF, Heavies, etc) This would almost certainly need to become permanent once the maps are released/created, as we know this won’t be available at launch to give Warzone its time in the spotlight.

4v4 HCS
Only if 4v4 ranked Classic doesn’t become HCS.
The standard HCS settings and maps that we see in tournaments. Would probably be live any time there is a big HCS event on.

Rotational/Additional permanent Playlist post-launch
Unranked, no JiP, This playlist can be a return of fun favourites, starting with the big ones, Griffball, Infection, Action Sack, Rocket Race, Rumble Pit.

EDIT - Suggestions from the kind folk below
CTF Only, Ricochet, Race,

Okay so maybe I saw Bravo’s tweet and got excited that hey were looking for suggestions for H5, turns out he was looking for suggestions for MCC over on Matchmaking Suggestions - but I can’t just not post this after writing it up!

Overall we’re looking at around 10-12 playlists at any one time and I think that would be a good number to hit.

-Infection
-Juggernaut
-Dominion (although war zone seems to be like that)
-Extraction
-Griffball
-CTF
-Ricochet
-Race
-Rocket Race

Infection and Ricochet :heart_eyes:
Also, CTF !

Sounds good, but unfortunately they’re not going to make classic with all the abilities off for the official HCS type. We both know it. That’s just wishful thinking.

> 2535444867361780;4:
> Sounds good, but unfortunately they’re not going to make classic with all the abilities off for the official HCS type. We both know it. That’s just wishful thinking.

Possibly, but it would really make a lot of us VERY happy - Willko might even buy the game :stuck_out_tongue:

SWAT needs to be a permanent playlist. Preferably at release.

> 2533274913936758;6:
> SWAT needs to be a permanent playlist. Preferably at release.

This. Please.

> 2533274913936758;6:
> SWAT needs to be a permanent playlist. Preferably at release.

Agreed.

Infection is one of the more popular playlists, so that.

> 2533274805962294;1:
> Hi All, just some suggestions for Halo 5. The aim of this list suggestion is to provide a condensed core of playlists for Halo 5 in order to keep populations in each playlist as topped up as possible. A high population playlist ensures small search times, better skill matching and overall, a better experience. There is a core of 7 playlists for Arena that would make the most sense to me and offer both ranked and unranked experiences for teams of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 - no matter what you’re doing you’ll always have these core experiences to come back to.
>
> The thing about Halo is that there are SO many different variations and everyone has a favourite, so there are additional playlists to supplement this core set of 7 that can be rotated weekly, on the weekend or even permanently depending on demand and I assume most of those I’d listed will become quite popular - there’s no limit to the suggestions for these supplemental playlists either.
>
> Here goes…
>
> Warzone
> 12v12 Warzone and its variants.
>
> - I’m fine with this.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------
>
> Arena
> 5v5 - Social Slayer
> JiP, slayer only, unranked
>
> - I’m also fine with this…
>
> 4v4 Ranked
> Ranked, no JiP, mix of slayer and objectives (ctf, strongholds, assault, oddball) slightly more weight on slayer
>
> - Sounds good.
>
> 4v4 - Breakout
> Ranked, no JiP, all Breakout maps and gametypes (including community made favourites)
>
> - Yes, I want to ensure this is ranked.
>
> 4v4 - Ranked Classic (could become HCS)
> Ranked, no JiP, mix of slayer and objective gametypes (ctf, oddball, king of the hill, strongholds, assault/ricochet) Sprint: off, Thruster: off, Clamber: off?, Ground Pound: off, BR starts, community made maps/recreations of the classics in forge, TTK would need adjusting through RoF to account for decreased mobility, and to make it more classic.
>
> - No. All of this is crap. Shouldn’t be ranked, and it shouldn’t even be a playlist. Period.
>
> 3v3v3v3 - Multi Team
> Unranked, JiP, mix of slayer and objective gametypes (king of the hill, regicide, oddball)
>
> - Fine with this.
>
> 2v2 - Team Doubles
> Ranked, no JiP, mix of slayer and objectives (ctf, strongholds, assault, oddball) slightly more weight on slayer
>
> - Like this, I like Doubles and Lone Wolf.
>
> FFA - Lone Wolf
> Ranked FFA, no JiP, mix of slayer and objectives (juggernaut, regicide, king of the hill)
>
> - Still good. But I’d like for headhunter to make an appearance again…
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
> Playlists to be introduced based on demand either through weekly rotation, weekend rotation or permanency.
>
> 4v4 snipers
> Ranked, no JiP, All the sniper gametypes (shotty snipes, snipes etc)
>
> - Well, considering we are getting into the far too many playlists, I can see why you’d want to make these rotational…
>
> 4v4 Swat
> ranked, no JiP, all Swat gametypes including community made maps
>
> - I like the community maps addition.
>
> 8v8 Big Team Battle
> Ranked, no JiP, all the big maps once they’re released, mix of slayer and objective gametypes (assault, strongholds, CTF, Heavies, etc) This would almost certainly need to become permanent once the maps are released/created, as we know this won’t be available at launch to give Warzone its time in the spotlight.
>
> - Fairly confident this won’t be a ‘rotational’, but rather a permanent playlist.
>
> 4v4 HCS
> Only if 4v4 ranked Classic doesn’t become HCS.
> The standard HCS settings and maps that we see in tournaments. Would probably be live any time there is a big HCS event on.
>
> - Again, classic is not going to be a tournament play. Ever.
> Rotational Playlist
> Unranked, no JiP, This playlist can be a return of fun favourites, starting with the big ones, Griffball, Infection, Action sack, Rocket race, Rumble Pit etc.
>
> - Meh.
>
> EDIT - Suggestions from the kind folk belowCTF Only, Ricochet, Race,
>
> Okay so maybe I saw Bravo’s tweet and got excited that hey were looking for suggestions for H5, turns out he was looking for suggestions for MCC over on Matchmaking Suggestions - but I can’t just not post this after writing it up!
>
> Overall we’re looking at around 10-12 playlists at any one time and I think that would be a good number to hit.

As long as Infection and Grifball are included, then I’m happy.

> 2533274856993011;11:
> As long as Infection and Grifball are included, then I’m happy.

Judging from Halo 4 and Halo MCC, I’m willing to bet they’ll be rotational or experimental until the forge community makes a ton of maps for it.

> 2535444867361780;12:
> > 2533274856993011;11:
> > As long as Infection and Grifball are included, then I’m happy.
>
>
> Judging from Halo 4 and Halo MCC, I’m willing to bet they’ll be rotational or experimental until the forge community makes a ton of maps for it.

Grifball wasn’t in Halo MCC because the Halo 3 Forge was broken IIRC. Lots of bugs that broke how Grifball worked, and the community guys who did Halo 4 Grifball maps didn’t want Grifball added at all until Halo 3 Grifball worked.

Updated with Headhunter for Lone Wolf- such a good gametype, Thanks Ninja.

Sorta related, but I would love to see some Halo 4 gametypes return like Dominion, Regicide, Ricochet and Extraction. While Dominion is most likely replaced with the dumbed-down Strongholds, I can see the others I mentioned return. Would be nice to have some we lost from Halo Reach though too such as Headhunter.

A nice objective based playlist would be nice too.

It needs action sack and infection

> 2535447317427844;10:
> > 2533274805962294;1:
> > 4v4 - Ranked Classic (could become HCS)
> > Ranked, no JiP, mix of slayer and objective gametypes (ctf, oddball, king of the hill, strongholds, assault/ricochet) Sprint: off, Thruster: off, Clamber: off?, Ground Pound: off, BR starts, community made maps/recreations of the classics in forge, TTK would need adjusting through RoF to account for decreased mobility, and to make it more classic.
> >
> > - No. All of this is crap. Shouldn’t be ranked, and it shouldn’t even be a playlist. Period.

Please, explain.

[deleted]

Ranked Lone Wolf