H5 Last Commendation

So I’ve got one last H5 commendation left. It is of course the cursed Grunt Mech kills commendation. I’m sat at 5/5, leaving me with 10 more to kill. (Which I guess isn’t too bad) however, they hardly ever spawn and does anyone actually know what it takes to get this commendation to move up? I assumed it was the same as the Warden Eternal kills commendation but for whatever reason the commendation just doesn’t increase. I’m lucky if I get 1in10, and I know I put the last hit on. So without babbling on anymore, are there any tips and tricks to killing this elusive grunt? I’d just really love to 100% this game entirely! Thank you.

> 2535445608274502;1:
> So I’ve got one last H5 commendation left. It is of course the cursed Grunt Mech kills commendation. I’m sat at 5/5, leaving me with 10 more to kill. (Which I guess isn’t too bad) however, they hardly ever spawn and does anyone actually know what it takes to get this commendation to move up? I assumed it was the same as the Warden Eternal kills commendation but for whatever reason the commendation just doesn’t increase. I’m lucky if I get 1in10, and I know I put the last hit on. So without babbling on anymore, are there any tips and tricks to killing this elusive grunt? I’d just really love to 100% this game entirely! Thank you.

You have to get the kill shot. If you do, you’ll get a grunt kill medal along with the boss kill medal.

My method of completing this was endgame (many shots) to pop the canopy then H2 BR to headshot the grunt inside.

Or you can use a vehicle that fires fast and continuous to increase your chances of getting that final shot that takes it down (temple or ultra ghost, for example).

Just a couple suggestions.

Heroic warzone firefight use a well aimed and timed tank shot or if you are talented (much like I was)… You take down the grunt mech canopy with either end game, or sniper rifle (beam rifle Delta is excellent for it) and then shot the grunt in the mech in the head with a dmr or use the sniper rifle. It’s best to wait till he is facing sideways from you since the grunt is down low in it and head shotting him head on is tough. … But we’ll timed tank shots are easiest.

> 2533274816788253;3:
> Heroic warzone firefight use a well aimed and timed tank shot or if you are talented (much like I was)… You take down the grunt mech canopy with either end game, or sniper rifle (beam rifle Delta is excellent for it) and then shot the grunt in the mech in the head with a dmr or use the sniper rifle. It’s best to wait till he is facing sideways from you since the grunt is down low in it and head shotting him head on is tough. … But we’ll timed tank shots are easiest.
>
>
> > 2533274793640702;2:
> > > 2535445608274502;1:
> > > So I’ve got one last H5 commendation left. It is of course the cursed Grunt Mech kills commendation. I’m sat at 5/5, leaving me with 10 more to kill. (Which I guess isn’t too bad) however, they hardly ever spawn and does anyone actually know what it takes to get this commendation to move up? I assumed it was the same as the Warden Eternal kills commendation but for whatever reason the commendation just doesn’t increase. I’m lucky if I get 1in10, and I know I put the last hit on. So without babbling on anymore, are there any tips and tricks to killing this elusive grunt? I’d just really love to 100% this game entirely! Thank you.
> >
> > You have to get the kill shot. If you do, you’ll get a grunt kill medal along with the boss kill medal.
> >
> > My method of completing this was endgame (many shots) to pop the canopy then H2 BR to headshot the grunt inside.
> >
> > Or you can use a vehicle that fires fast and continuous to increase your chances of getting that final shot that takes it down (temple or ultra ghost, for example).
> >
> > Just a couple suggestions.
>
> Appreciate the advice from you too! I’ll keep an eye out for the grunt medals now!

Gotcha! Probably where I’m going wrong, I’m using a wraith lol, otherwise I’d try a sentinel beam or twin jewels for the canopy but found that to be too tedious, especially when everyone else is making the mech jump to and fro to attack them hahah. Appreciate the advice!

> 2535445608274502;4:
> > 2533274816788253;3:
> > Heroic warzone firefight use a well aimed and timed tank shot or if you are talented (much like I was)… You take down the grunt mech canopy with either end game, or sniper rifle (beam rifle Delta is excellent for it) and then shot the grunt in the mech in the head with a dmr or use the sniper rifle. It’s best to wait till he is facing sideways from you since the grunt is down low in it and head shotting him head on is tough. … But we’ll timed tank shots are easiest.
> >
> >
> > > 2533274793640702;2:
> > > > 2535445608274502;1:
> > > > So I’ve got one last H5 commendation left. It is of course the cursed Grunt Mech kills commendation. I’m sat at 5/5, leaving me with 10 more to kill. (Which I guess isn’t too bad) however, they hardly ever spawn and does anyone actually know what it takes to get this commendation to move up? I assumed it was the same as the Warden Eternal kills commendation but for whatever reason the commendation just doesn’t increase. I’m lucky if I get 1in10, and I know I put the last hit on. So without babbling on anymore, are there any tips and tricks to killing this elusive grunt? I’d just really love to 100% this game entirely! Thank you.
> > >
> > > You have to get the kill shot. If you do, you’ll get a grunt kill medal along with the boss kill medal.
> > >
> > > My method of completing this was endgame (many shots) to pop the canopy then H2 BR to headshot the grunt inside.
> > >
> > > Or you can use a vehicle that fires fast and continuous to increase your chances of getting that final shot that takes it down (temple or ultra ghost, for example).
> > >
> > > Just a couple suggestions.
> >
> > Appreciate the advice from you too! I’ll keep an eye out for the grunt medals now!
>
> Gotcha! Probably where I’m going wrong, I’m using a wraith lol, otherwise I’d try a sentinel beam or twin jewels for the canopy but found that to be too tedious, especially when everyone else is making the mech jump to and fro to attack them hahah. Appreciate the advice!

Wraiths can be ok but it’s best to use the ultra. The others can be a bit weak. But the scorpions are best and easiest to time for that kill shot.

To make the commendation progress, you have to be the player responsible for killing (landing the final shot) the Grunt Mech. However, this is a true time killing challenge due to the rarity of the Grunt Mech and that there exist a possibility that one out of you teammates may steal the kill.

One strategy to increase the probability of killing the Grunt Mech is to be more passive when attacking when the health bar has nearly been drained and then attempt to place the killing shot with a powerful weapon like a Scorpion or Wraith shot.

Congrats on getting to your final commendation!

I’m actually at the same point as you on that particular one, only needing 10 more.

My method so far has been tanks, and timing the shot.

Others have mentioned ways to break the front panel and headshot him, but I personally haven’t been able to succeed with it.
I’ll probably stick with tanks.

Good luck!

> 2766496913967593;7:
> Congrats on getting to your final commendation!
>
> I’m actually at the same point as you on that particular one, only needing 10 more.
>
> My method so far has been tanks, and timing the shot.
>
> Others have mentioned ways to break the front panel and headshot him, but I personally haven’t been able to succeed with it.
> I’ll probably stick with tanks.
>
> Good luck!

I religiously used the headshot method for probably the entire level 5. Once I got the hang of it, it was really efficient! It’s dead before the other 7 players even realize what’s happening.

> 2533274793640702;8:
> > 2766496913967593;7:
> > Congrats on getting to your final commendation!
> >
> > I’m actually at the same point as you on that particular one, only needing 10 more.
> >
> > My method so far has been tanks, and timing the shot.
> >
> > Others have mentioned ways to break the front panel and headshot him, but I personally haven’t been able to succeed with it.
> > I’ll probably stick with tanks.
> >
> > Good luck!
>
> I religiously used the headshot method for probably the entire level 5. Once I got the hang of it, it was really efficient! It’s dead before the other 7 players even realize what’s happening.

Endgame direct to the glowing canopy - how many shots do you think it takes?

Does the grunt’s health bar reflect this?

> 2766496913967593;9:
> > 2533274793640702;8:
> > > 2766496913967593;7:
> > > Congrats on getting to your final commendation!
> > >
> > > I’m actually at the same point as you on that particular one, only needing 10 more.
> > >
> > > My method so far has been tanks, and timing the shot.
> > >
> > > Others have mentioned ways to break the front panel and headshot him, but I personally haven’t been able to succeed with it.
> > > I’ll probably stick with tanks.
> > >
> > > Good luck!
> >
> > I religiously used the headshot method for probably the entire level 5. Once I got the hang of it, it was really efficient! It’s dead before the other 7 players even realize what’s happening.
>
> Endgame direct to the glowing canopy - how many shots do you think it takes?
>
> Does the grunt’s health bar reflect this?

Probably most of an entire endgame. And that’s the thing, the grunt can be exposed with lots of health bar still remaining.

On several occasions, I’ve seen some players running straight up to the grunt mech, perhaps for a melee attack. Suffice to say, they did not survive.

I found the Mantis works great because you can fire off rockets then engage the minigun very quickly, which increases the odds you get the final kill shot.

> 2535445608274502;1:
> So I’ve got one last H5 commendation left. It is of course the cursed Grunt Mech kills commendation. I’m sat at 5/5, leaving me with 10 more to kill. (Which I guess isn’t too bad) however, they hardly ever spawn and does anyone actually know what it takes to get this commendation to move up? I assumed it was the same as the Warden Eternal kills commendation but for whatever reason the commendation just doesn’t increase. I’m lucky if I get 1in10, and I know I put the last hit on. So without babbling on anymore, are there any tips and tricks to killing this elusive grunt? I’d just really love to 100% this game entirely! Thank you.

What did you find to be the best way to get Capture Sprees in Strongholds ? I find that one to be the hardest. Yea the Grunt Mech is tough I found the best way is to get the round 3 ones. If you can get your req lvl up higher than everyone else than you can get the kill without much issue

> 2533274855740591;13:
> > 2535445608274502;1:
> > So I’ve got one last H5 commendation left. It is of course the cursed Grunt Mech kills commendation. I’m sat at 5/5, leaving me with 10 more to kill. (Which I guess isn’t too bad) however, they hardly ever spawn and does anyone actually know what it takes to get this commendation to move up? I assumed it was the same as the Warden Eternal kills commendation but for whatever reason the commendation just doesn’t increase. I’m lucky if I get 1in10, and I know I put the last hit on. So without babbling on anymore, are there any tips and tricks to killing this elusive grunt? I’d just really love to 100% this game entirely! Thank you.
>
> What did you find to be the best way to get Capture Sprees in Strongholds ? I find that one to be the hardest. Yea the Grunt Mech is tough I found the best way is to get the round 3 ones. If you can get your req lvl up higher than everyone else than you can get the kill without much issue

If you’re playing TA to do that, your best bet is to use power ups and power weapons to assist you in capturing a stronghold. Btb might be easier as you can use vehicles to do that. It’s sort of a hit and miss commendation. Though I found it to be fairly simple they come naturally just by playing. Play your life and be selfish for a couple of stronghold games where you stay alive in order to capture strongholds.

Spam Answers or Temple Wraiths in WZFF during goblin rounds and try to get the last shot

Try to play in a team…ask them to back off for the final shots. I would be happy to be in a team with you to help.

> 2535445608274502;1:

I got mine in Heroic firefight by complete accident tbh. Just gotta get the last shot.

> 2533274808114811;16:
> Try to play in a team…ask them to back off for the final shots. I would be happy to be in a team with you to help.

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been trying to do! A lot of my friends are very competitive players though and don’t want to play WZFF a whole lot! I’d be down for you to join me and a few others, it all helps!