H5 is a normal game.

Very simple concept:

In H5, players that usually lose duels magnum vs magnum or Br vs Br, now can kill me with a simple needle rifle or suppressor, or smg… this weapons are too powerful. In the past, the halo gameplay (specially competitive) was Br based for this reason: semi-automatic weapons needs more skill than automatic weapons.

So, we can think that is normal to have many effective weapons: short distance, medium distance, long distance. Yes it’s normal, like as a normal fps. This is Halo now: a normal fps for normal players, with a normal online population.

In the past, Halo was not normal, it was the best fps ever. Now, is normal. Great Job.

I disagree… What most seem not to understand is range can dictate what weapon you should use. Close range you may have to use autos unless you are really good with the pistol. Mid to long range the BR, carbine, dmr dominate unless you aren’t that good then maybe a skilled AR user who can hit the head may kill you. Sorry Halo is no longer the one gun game it used to be but I for one appreciate that.

> 2533274816788253;2:
> I disagree… What most seem not to understand is range can dictate what weapon you should use. Close range you may have to use autos unless you are really good with the pistol. Mid to long range the BR, carbine, dmr dominate unless you aren’t that good then maybe a skilled AR user who can hit the head may kill you. Sorry Halo is no longer the one gun game it used to be but I for one appreciate that.

i understand perfectly this. What most seem not to undertand is that close range weapons don’t needs the same skill of magnum, br, dmr or carabine.

> 2533274874453277;3:
> > 2533274816788253;2:
> > I disagree… What most seem not to understand is range can dictate what weapon you should use. Close range you may have to use autos unless you are really good with the pistol. Mid to long range the BR, carbine, dmr dominate unless you aren’t that good then maybe a skilled AR user who can hit the head may kill you. Sorry Halo is no longer the one gun game it used to be but I for one appreciate that.
>
> i understand perfectly this. What most seem not to undertand is that close range weapons don’t needs the same skill of magnum, br, dmr or carabine.

That’s not all that true with the added mechanics of the game. Not to mention as I said if you are really good you can out pistol them.

So what your telling us… this can’t be…

More weapons are viable in situations now!? So like, people can use something other than a battle rifle and get a kill? We can not stand for this! Damn you 343! Damn you and your balancing!!

So is OP saying that the previous Bungie Halo games were above normal in a good way yet the current Halo games now are just ‘normal’. I’m confused. Where am I again? XD

I understand the points I guess but idk I don’t necessarily mind I just adapt to the new halo. I mean don’t get wrong I do prefer the old titles. But I like this one as well

Halo 5 does a great job making the weapon sandbox viable, varied, and fun. If you want precision preferred game play to a higher extent, Halo Reach, Halo 3, Halo4, and MCC all still have active playlists, and can be played on your XB1.

> 2533274874453277;1:
> Very simple concept:
>
> In H5, players that usually lose duels magnum vs magnum or Br vs Br, now can kill me with a simple needle rifle or suppressor, or smg… this weapons are too powerful. In the past, the halo gameplay (specially competitive) was Br based for this reason: semi-automatic weapons needs more skill than automatic weapons.
>
> So, we can think that is normal to have many effective weapons: short distance, medium distance, long distance. Yes it’s normal, like as a normal fps. This is Halo now: a normal fps for normal players, with a normal online population.
>
> In the past, Halo was not normal, it was the best fps ever. Now, is normal. Great Job.

Sure in Halo 5, automatics can be considered “too powerful”, but if you think about it, in Halo CE-3, the Pistol/BR were truly too powerful. Sure, they might of required more skill, but compared to the automatics in their respective games, they always had the upper hand. Back in Halo CE-3, automatics, even with the bigger reticle and their faster fire rate never did enough damage to win against a precision weapon even in close range.

> 2533274874453277;1:
> Very simple concept:
>
> In H5, players that usually lose duels magnum vs magnum or Br vs Br, now can kill me with a simple needle rifle or suppressor, or smg… this weapons are too powerful. In the past, the halo gameplay (specially competitive) was Br based for this reason: semi-automatic weapons needs more skill than automatic weapons.
>
> So, we can think that is normal to have many effective weapons: short distance, medium distance, long distance. Yes it’s normal, like as a normal fps. This is Halo now: a normal fps for normal players, with a normal online population.
>
> In the past, Halo was not normal, it was the best fps ever. Now, is normal. Great Job.

Where do I even start…

• why do you assume Magnum or BR encounters are the same with the other sandbox weapons? There are indeed variants in how to best take down depending on your weapon. If you decide to use a weapon knowing it would not be the most ideal, utilizes tactics like melee,grendaes and flanking or maintaining a certain distance. - H1 had the most lethal (Automatic!) precision weapon (same with that needle rifle you mentioned) that functioned like a DMR with a damage boost. H5 made a good call to get back to this style of gameplay with weapons and avoided H2 onwards of a “utility” weapon that was practically the only useful gun. Speaking of the BR, it’s incorrect to call its past forms to be skilled if one either had to cheat with explotive, sandbox destroying button combos (H2) or heavily alter it to midigate the randomness (H3) not to mention the bullet magnetism bending outside of the reticle. - Are Semi-automatics really “skillful” when you consider they have longer RRR for bullet magnetism and aim assist and unlike the Autos, Do not suffer penalties for firing at maximum rate of fire by losing it? Fire an AR full auto with cause a huge decrease in aim assist granted. But a precision weapon TTK stays consistent over range thanks to its near perfect accuracy not penalized by fire rate. If you cry “noob” at someone using a short-mid weapon at that range against a long range weapon and killing, than use that insult at someone using a long range weapon at a longer range vs a close mid one. It’s a logical inconsistency. - Is this really your definition of “normal” the way shooting works in Halo? It quite abnormal to have only a certain number of weapons only useable and the rest be trash. There are many games with a variety of weapons without making them redundant. And some that have only a few guns that work. I wonder how PC players would look at Halo considering games like CSGO, Doom, Quake and a lot of FPS on PC use keyboard and mouse for aiming and call it the “best fps” it’s purely subjective and has a bias toward ones particular preference of game.

> 2533274874453277;1:
> Very simple concept:
>
> … now can kill me with a simple needle rifle or suppressor, or smg… this weapons are too powerful…
>
> So, we can think that is normal to have many effective weapons…

So because a weapon that you refuse to use can kill you, it is too powerful and has no place in Halo?

Weapons aren’t supposed to be effective?!

I’m sorry but this is confusing. Can you elaborate?

> 2535455681930574;12:
> I’m sorry but this is confusing. Can you elaborate?

I think OP wants Halo to be a game where the BR is the only viable weapon and most other weapons (excluding power weapons) are weak or borderline useless.

> 2533275008181400;13:
> > 2535455681930574;12:
> > I’m sorry but this is confusing. Can you elaborate?
>
> I think he wants Halo to be a game where the BR is the only viable weapon where most other weapons (excluding power weapons) are weak or borderline useless.

yes, like this:
2006 MLG Las Vegas - National Championships: Carbon vs Final BossI’m saying that a BR based gameplay (but it can be also a magnum based) needs more skill that a gameplay where people use needler, smg ecc…

> 2533274874453277;14:
> > 2533275008181400;13:
> > > 2535455681930574;12:
> > > I’m sorry but this is confusing. Can you elaborate?
> >
> > I think he wants Halo to be a game where the BR is the only viable weapon where most other weapons (excluding power weapons) are weak or borderline useless.
>
> yes, like this:
> 2006 MLG Las Vegas - National Championships: Carbon vs Final Boss

Well the closest playlists we have to that is the HCS Summer Preview playlist where all autos are removed and the only weapon you start out is the Magnum. There’s more info about the playlist here.

> 2533275008181400;15:
> > 2533274874453277;14:
> > > 2533275008181400;13:
> > > > 2535455681930574;12:
> > > > I’m sorry but this is confusing. Can you elaborate?
> > >
> > > I think he wants Halo to be a game where the BR is the only viable weapon where most other weapons (excluding power weapons) are weak or borderline useless.
> >
> > yes, like this:
> > 2006 MLG Las Vegas - National Championships: Carbon vs Final Boss
>
> Well the closest playlists we have to that is the HCS Summer Preview playlist where all autos are removed and the only weapon you start out is the Magnum. There’s more info about the playlist here.

if you want trolling me, it’s not the right way…

bye

> 2533274874453277;16:
> > 2533275008181400;15:
> > > 2533274874453277;14:
> > > > 2533275008181400;13:
> > > > > 2535455681930574;12:
> > > > > I’m sorry but this is confusing. Can you elaborate?
> > > >
> > > > I think he wants Halo to be a game where the BR is the only viable weapon where most other weapons (excluding power weapons) are weak or borderline useless.
>
> if you want trolling me, it’s not the right way…
>
> bye

Trolling? What trolling? If you think I’m trolling, then you need to think further in your head what I’m trying to say instead of concluding in a flash assuming I’m trolling.

Edit: If I’m acting hostile on you based on your feeling, I’m sorry that was unintentional and hope you didn’t take it personally.

> 2533274874453277;3:
> > 2533274816788253;2:
> > I disagree… What most seem not to understand is range can dictate what weapon you should use. Close range you may have to use autos unless you are really good with the pistol. Mid to long range the BR, carbine, dmr dominate unless you aren’t that good then maybe a skilled AR user who can hit the head may kill you. Sorry Halo is no longer the one gun game it used to be but I for one appreciate that.
>
> i understand perfectly this. What most seem not to undertand is that close range weapons don’t needs the same skill of magnum, br, dmr or carabine.

What most don’t understand is that Bungie simply never knew how to make automatics skill-based. Semi-autos firing hitscan or near-hitscan bullets are the only weapons Bungie did know how to make use any skill. Every other arena shooter has skill-based automatics, and skill-based semi-autos that use unique low velocity ordnance.

But most Halo fans only know Bungie design, so they assume that making skill-based automatics is impossible. It’s not.

[deleted]

> 2533274874453277;14:
> > 2533275008181400;13:
> > > 2535455681930574;12:
> > > I’m sorry but this is confusing. Can you elaborate?
> >
> > I think he wants Halo to be a game where the BR is the only viable weapon where most other weapons (excluding power weapons) are weak or borderline useless.
>
> yes, like this:
> 2006 MLG Las Vegas - National Championships: Carbon vs Final BossI’m saying that a BR based gameplay (but it can be also a magnum based) needs more skill that a gameplay where people use needler, smg ecc…

Sounds boring. Not everyone wants to play stripped down, sweaty MLG.