H5 has to be like CoD - or it will fail!

Halo 5 has to be like CoD; or it will fail!

Why? - CoD has the best movement system and the best dynamics. Especially if you look now on CoD: AW.
For a lot of years the first three dimensional shooters came up. After and after things like:

• look up and down
  • reloading
  • a jump button
  • crough
    … where added.
    Same things happen now with sprint, shield, (maybe prone), the dodge buttons or ADS (Aim Down Sight).

Before saying: A game (A) is to much like an other game (B), you need two things: Game (A) and its properties and Game (B) and its properties. Or you are comparing two variables - and this will result in a very subjective discussion. Which leads very easy into rumbles. Humans … :S

CoD is the game that has a lot of good and useful things in it now, like sprint or slide.
Now saying Halo is becoming to much CoD because adding some of these things is very difficult.
You can’t keep a game bad only because off the fact that you don’t want to make it to much like another game .

The biggest differnce is the fictional world, the in-game balance and the storyline, and not the buttons, the grafic or the frames per second.

I say: Halo has to become like CoD if we talk over movements, a good framerate, sounds and so on.
Halo shouldn’t become like CoD if we talk over story, the ficitional world or the in-game balance.

Well, if I would be a Halo fan - I am not - I won’t be to scared about this small stuff; don’t be scard, that Halo becomes to much like CoD.
What you realy should fear is:
That CoD will become to much Halo. And you know … I think it is already to late ;p

> 2535428825532022;1:
> Halo has to become like CoD if we talk over movements…
> Halo shouldn’t become like CoD if we talk over… the in-game balance.

Here’s the problem though. Movement affects the in-game balance. Anybody who has played Reach or 4 can tell you this. Now will the balance necessarily become like CoD? Well, CoD has split second kill times, so I doubt it. But there is no doubt that CoD movements will not necessarily make for better balance within the Halo metagame.

> 2533274880818024;2:
> > 2535428825532022;1:
> > Halo has to become like CoD if we talk over movements…
> > Halo shouldn’t become like CoD if we talk over… the in-game balance.
>
>
> Here’s the problem though. Movement affects the in-game balance. Anybody who has played Reach or 4 can tell you this. Now will the balance necessarily become like CoD? Well, CoD has split second kill times, so I doubt it. But there is no doubt that CoD movements will not necessarily make for better balance within the Halo metagame.

Well, for me in-game balance is what it is called: a balance. Means you need more variables to create a result. If new stuff like sprint for example comes up, it is the job of the gamemakers to create the same (subjective) result: the in-game balance, with new stuff around it.
You add sprint, means you have to change somthing else, too. It’s an active process. And that means games change - of course.

I heard somewhere that shields won’t load if you sprint. Dunno if it will keep the in-game balance, but it is an idea. And that means, 343 is doing their job - at least a little bit.
I myself don’t have a different or better idea - but I dunno Halo this well anyway.

… I watched this game and everything around only for a few weeks now, but somehow I already have the feeling, that 343 is to shy. Some fans cry and they wince like a beaten dog with the tail between the legs.
The people who scream the loudest are very rarely the majority, because if you are part of the majority - you don’t learn how to scream loud.

That’s just my perspective; - and maybe I sound now, like I know more than others … but … times are getting realy realy hard for Halo - and it could be a very good game, sure.
Too bad ;p

Halo has to be like halo.

If you couldn’t tell, cod has been falling in sales.

> 2533274898131165;4:
> Halo has to be like halo.
>
> If you couldn’t tell, cod has been falling in sales.

Yup because they are just making the same thing over and over. Also playing the beta made me think that it is already pretty cool.

> 2533274898131165;4:
> Halo has to be like halo.
>
> If you couldn’t tell, cod has been falling in sales.

CoD was falling in sales especially with Ghosts until they…gasp…changed the formula. All I’ve been hearing for Advanced Warfare from friends is praise from not just multiplayer but campaign as well. Imagine that, praise for a CoD campaign.

Sometimes a fresh take on something is all you need.

> 2535428825532022;1:
> Halo 5 has to be like CoD; or it will fail!
>
> Why? - CoD has the best movement system and the best dynamics. Especially if you look now on CoD: AW.
> For a lot of years the first three dimensional shooters came up. After and after things like:
> - look up and down
> - reloading
> - a jump button
> - crough
> … where added.
> Same things happen now with sprint, shield, (maybe prone), the dodge buttons or ADS (Aim Down Sight).
>
> Before saying: A game (A) is to much like an other game (B), you need two things: Game (A) and its properties and Game (B) and its properties. Or you are comparing two variables - and this will result in a very subjective discussion. Which leads very easy into rumbles. Humans … :S
>
> CoD is the game that has a lot of good and useful things in it now, like sprint or slide.
> Now saying Halo is becoming to much CoD because adding some of these things is very difficult.
> You can’t keep a game bad only because off the fact that you don’t want to make it to much like another game .
>
> The biggest differnce is the fictional world, the in-game balance and the storyline, and not the buttons, the grafic or the frames per second.
>
> I say: Halo has to become like CoD if we talk over movements, a good framerate, sounds and so on.
> Halo shouldn’t become like CoD if we talk over story, the ficitional world or the in-game balance.
>
> Well, if I would be a Halo fan - I am not - I won’t be to scared about this small stuff; don’t be scard, that Halo becomes to much like CoD.
> What you realy should fear is:
> That CoD will become to much Halo. And you know … I think it is already to late ;p

LOL dude… COD AW was a failure first of all. However, it’s abilities definitely suit Halo much, much better than they do COD. Halo needs nothing from COD, they had the same ideas this time and Halo did it better.

> 2535428825532022;1:
>
> Why? - CoD has the best movement system and the best dynamics. Especially if you look now on CoD: AW.
> For a lot of years the first three dimensional shooters came up. After and after things like:
> - look up and down
> - reloading
> - a jump button
> - crough
> … where added.
> Same things happen now with sprint, shield, (maybe prone), the dodge buttons or ADS (Aim Down Sight).
>
> Before saying: A game (A) is to much like an other game (B), you need two things: Game (A) and its properties and Game (B) and its properties. Or you are comparing two variables - and this will result in a very subjective discussion. Which leads very easy into rumbles. Humans … :S
>
> CoD is the game that has a lot of good and useful things in it now, like sprint or slide.
> Now saying Halo is becoming to much CoD because adding some of these things is very difficult.
> You can’t keep a game bad only because off the fact that you don’t want to make it to much like another game .
>
> The biggest differnce is the fictional world, the in-game balance and the storyline, and not the buttons, the grafic or the frames per second.
>
> I say: Halo has to become like CoD if we talk over movements, a good framerate, sounds and so on.
> Halo shouldn’t become like CoD if we talk over story, the ficitional world or the in-game balance.
>
> Well, if I would be a Halo fan - I am not - I won’t be to scared about this small stuff; don’t be scard, that Halo becomes to much like CoD.
> That CoD will become to much Halo. And you know … I think it is already to late ;p

Let’s not take everything people say about Halo 5 being CoD so literally… It’s not so much that they’re copying CoD than it is 343 refusing to remove the similarities between them now

Halo 4 may have been the first to create Thruster Pack, but I am however, disappointed that they refused to put their own spin on it following the release of Advanced Warfare. It’s the very least they could do, considering CoD: AW is one of the best CoD games of all time now because of it.

They could at least make these Abilities PERFORM differently than they do in CoD, but no… we’re getting a total copy/paste with them. As if we weren’t supposed to notice…

Halo shouldn’t become like COD, Halo should remain as Halo:

• It is ok for it to borrow features: 8/10 cod features were originally Halo’sHalo 5 did a great job

> 2533274829505190;9:
> Halo shouldn’t become like COD, Halo should remain as Halo:
> - It is ok for it to borrow features: 8/10 cod features were originally Halo’s
> Halo 5 did a great job

Agreed but take a look at his BIO. Whether Halo 5 did a great job or not will be decided on release but for now we’re just unsure.

Just let me throw this in, before the talking and comparing over sales and numbers start:

Year // Global // w/o PC // w/o digital sales

2010:

CoD BO (360) 10,500,000
CoD BO (PS3) 8,700,000

Halo Reach (360): 7,100,000

2011:

CoD MW3 (360): 12,500,000
CoD MW3 (PS3): 10,300,000

CoD BO (360): [2010]+2,600,000
CoD BO (PS3): [2010]+2,500,000

Halo Reach (360): [2010]+1,500,000

2012:

CoD BO2 (360): 10,500,000
CoD BO2 (PS3): 8,700,000

CoD MW3 (360): [2011]+2,200,000
CoD MW3 (PS3): [2011]+2,200,000

Halo 4 (360): 7,200,000

2013:

CoD Ghosts (360): 7,800,000
CoD Ghosts (PS3): 7,700,000

CoD Ghosts (PS4): 1,600,000
CoD Ghosts (XBO): 1,300,000

CoD BO2 (PS3): [2012]+2,400,000
CoD BO2 (360): [2012]+2,000,000

Halo 4 (360): [2012]+1,700,000

… worst saled CoD - CoD Ghosts tops Halo 4 on its own platform.

I don’t want to be evil here. Don’t forget that Halo is XBox exclusive - means less sales, but people buy XBox consoles.
I just want to show, that you can’t compare games and their sales that easy - because some games are in another level.
And that was not a problem for Halo. … not, for a long time.

Halo was the epic thing, CoD was the wargame (mostly WWII, then Modern Warfare). No collision points … for a long time.

… CoD AW has some realy epic moments; yes, in campaign, too. Hm, looks like they learn how to do it. ;p … in a very short time.

> 2535428825532022;1:
>
> - look up and down
> - reloading
> - a jump button
> - crough
> … where added.
>
>
>
>
>

Last time I checked CoD was on the downswing.

> 2533274808538326;6:
> > 2533274898131165;4:
> > Halo has to be like halo.
> >
> > If you couldn’t tell, cod has been falling in sales.
>
>
> CoD was falling in sales especially with Ghosts until they…gasp…changed the formula. All I’ve been hearing for Advanced Warfare from friends is praise from not just multiplayer but campaign as well. Imagine that, praise for a CoD campaign.
>
> Sometimes a fresh take on something is all you need.

No, they never even released sales figures for advanced warfare and refuse to show in game player counts. Cod is on a downward slide, too late to change that because the game has always been based around player adrenaline and the release of dopamine to manipulate players(making them want to come back, the game has no backbone).

Halo can stay successful if it stays competitive and skill full , gives players intensive to try to become better and win. It has a true skill gap. (not saying halo 5 is not competitive ,but I do have my problems)

Ps. Cod aw, just finished it on veteran, it was an ok story but nothing groundbreaking. I found it a bit cheesy in comparison to something like cod 4 or waw.

> 2535428825532022;11:
> Just let me throw this in, before the talking and comparing over sales and numbers start:
>
> Year // Global // w/o PC // w/o digital sales
>
> 2010:
>
> CoD BO (360) 10,500,000
> CoD BO (PS3) 8,700,000
>
> Halo Reach (360): 7,100,000
>
>
>
> 2011:
>
> CoD MW3 (360): 12,500,000
> CoD MW3 (PS3): 10,300,000
>
> CoD BO (360): [2010]+2,600,000
> CoD BO (PS3): [2010]+2,500,000
>
> Halo Reach (360): [2010]+1,500,000
>
>
>
> 2012:
>
> CoD BO2 (360): 10,500,000
> CoD BO2 (PS3): 8,700,000
>
> CoD MW3 (360): [2011]+2,200,000
> CoD MW3 (PS3): [2011]+2,200,000
>
> Halo 4 (360): 7,200,000
>
> 2013:
>
> CoD Ghosts (360): 7,800,000
> CoD Ghosts (PS3): 7,700,000
>
> CoD Ghosts (PS4): 1,600,000
> CoD Ghosts (XBO): 1,300,000
>
> CoD BO2 (PS3): [2012]+2,400,000
> CoD BO2 (360): [2012]+2,000,000
>
> Halo 4 (360): [2012]+1,700,000
>
> … worst saled CoD - CoD Ghosts tops Halo 4 on its own platform.
>
> I don’t want to be evil here. Don’t forget that Halo is XBox exclusive - means less sales, but people buy XBox consoles.
> I just want to show, that you can’t compare games and their sales that easy - because some games are in another level.
> And that was not a problem for Halo. … not, for a long time.
>
> Halo was the epic thing, CoD was the wargame (mostly WWII, then Modern Warfare). No collision points … for a long time.
>
> … CoD AW has some realy epic moments; yes, in campaign, too. Hm, looks like they learn how to do it. ;p … in a very short time.

Sales don’t automatically mean its a great game if that was the case than Watch dogs and Destiny would have been amazing but news flash they failed. Also AW is full of lag.

> 2533274898131165;13:
> > 2533274808538326;6:
> > > 2533274898131165;4:
> > > Halo has to be like halo.
> > >
> > > If you couldn’t tell, cod has been falling in sales.
> >
> >
> >
> > CoD was falling in sales especially with Ghosts until they…gasp…changed the formula. All I’ve been hearing for Advanced Warfare from friends is praise from not just multiplayer but campaign as well. Imagine that, praise for a CoD campaign.
> >
> > Sometimes a fresh take on something is all you need.
>
>
> No, they never even released sales figures for advanced warfare and refuse to show in game player counts. Cod is on a downward slide, too late to change that because the game has always been based around player adrenaline and the release of dopamine to manipulate players(making them want to come back, the game has no backbone).
>
> Halo can stay successful if it stays competitive and skill full , gives players intensive to try to become better and win. It has a true skill gap. (not saying halo 5 is not competitive ,but I do have my problems)
>
> Ps. Cod aw, just finished it on veteran, it was an ok story but nothing groundbreaking. I found it a bit cheesy in comparison to something like cod 4 or waw.

I think this is the one time I can actually agree with you.

Some newer numbers about CoD AW and The Master Chief Collection:

2013 - 11 months + first 2 weeks of december

CoD Ghosts (360): 6,600,000
CoD Ghosts (PS3): 6,500,000

CoD Ghosts (XBO): 1,000,000
CoD Ghosts (PS4): 1,100,000

> 15,200,000

2014 - 11 months + first 2 weeks of december

CoD AW (PS4): 4,700,000
CoD AW (PS3): 3,000,000

CoD AW (XBO): 3,100,000
CoD AW (360): 2,800,000

> 13,600,000 w/o digital sales

digital sales valuations! for CoD AW:
MS(!): ~ 1,200,000 - 2,200,000
other(!): ~ x<1,000,000 - x>2,500,000
[both numbers have to be added]

Master Chief Collection (XBO): 1,500,000
digital sales or valuations are not known/released yet

CoD AW should have at least the same sales like CoD Ghosts; or slightly a bit more (; the chance that it has less sales is still there). Numbers are not counted for the whole 2014 yet - espcially the Christmas Sales are important, but not in this numbers considered.
Also the regional variations are different than in CoD Ghosts. UK Sales of CoD AW are better than CoD Ghosts; in Japan they are worse.

After all - and especially because of the lack of Christmas Sales - it is to early to say if CoD AW loses or wins sales.

The Master Chief Collection is a great game, but should it be counted as remake or not? On one side it is a remake, but on the other side: (more then) four games in one pack and it should reach new people, who never played Halo before.

> 2533274949606723;14:
> > 2535428825532022;11:
> > […]
>
>
>
> Sales don’t automatically mean its a great game if that was the case than Watch dogs and Destiny would have been amazing but news flash they failed. Also AW is full of lag.

Sure, and I think noone is saying that. But sales are important that a game survives. Halo is a lead title, which protects it a bit more. Which doesn’t mean it can’t be displaced.

I feel, that the most Halo fans here are not worried enaugh. Just bash on 343 and add pressure seems a bit … realy careless.
The chance that someone from the publisher or the studio just post (because they have): “Halo 5 or Halo 6 is the last Halo. - Thanks a lot, to all of you fans. Good Bye. We will concentrate our energy on new projects!” isn’t that small - sure noone would say it, until it’s to late.

I’am not emotional, I am not a Halo fan - but it’s a great game with still a lot of potential.

:wink:

If Halo is to survive, it should not become CoD. It needs to be appealing and playable to the mainstream as well as tending to the old crowd. That will not be easy at all.