H5: Guardians *Before or After*??

Who here thinks that the game will be between Halo 4’s ending and Spartan ops or takes place afterwards?! and why? leave some theorys and opinions guys.

Since we already have Halo: Escalation filling in the events after Spartan Ops, I fail to see why Halo 5: guardians should be set between Halo 4 and Spartan Ops. The story has moved forward, keep it that way.

> Since we already have Halo: Escalation filling in the events after Spartan Ops, I fail to see why Halo 5: guardians should be set between Halo 4 and Spartan Ops. The story has moved forward, keep it that way.

Do you think they’ll do a recap video in the game before it starts for those who haven’t read or even heard of the comics?! :slight_smile:

> > Since we already have Halo: Escalation filling in the events after Spartan Ops, I fail to see why Halo 5: guardians should be set between Halo 4 and Spartan Ops. The story has moved forward, keep it that way.
>
> Do you think they’ll do a recap video in the game before it starts for those who haven’t read or even heard of the comics?! :slight_smile:

Probably not.

It’s a little detached at the moment story-wise though.

There are people who didn’t follow Spartan Ops AND don’t read the comics (in fact I think the majority of people), so carrying on straight after all of this is just going to seem extremely odd in the game and quite disjointed.

That was one of the major downfalls of Halo 4’s plot-line; that unless players were familiar with lore there was a lot that didn’t make any sense. This could have been changed by a more considered approach on dealing with the story-line on 343’s part, and explaining things in greater detail in cutscenes.

343 failed at this very badly, I even remember them saying that the story is easy to drop into for new players unfamiliar with the Halo story… which was far from the case.

I’m not sure I’ll even know what the hell is going on with 343’s approach, as I haven’t read the comic and do not plan to. I hope they do a better job with this in H5G.

> It’s a little detached at the moment story-wise though.
>
> <mark>There are people who didn’t follow Spartan Ops AND don’t read the comics (in fact I think the majority of people)</mark>, so carrying on straight after all of this is just going to seem extremely odd in the game and quite disjointed.
>
> That was one of the major downfalls of Halo 4’s plot-line; that unless players were familiar with lore there was a lot that didn’t make any sense. This could have been changed by a more considered approach on dealing with the story-line on 343’s part, and explaining things in greater detail in cutscenes.
>
> 343 failed at this very badly, I even remember them saying that the story is easy to drop into for new players unfamiliar with the Halo story… which was far from the case.
>
> I’m not sure I’ll even know what the hell is going on with 343’s approach, as I haven’t read the comic and do not plan to. I hope they do a better job with this in H5G.

If you decided not to play a significant part of the game that is hardly 343i’s fault. To understand Halo 4’s story all you had to know was what happened in previous games, and even then you didn’t need to know much.

If you actually care about the Halo story then you would read the supplmental materials, or even just the synopses. If you don’t care then why would you even be bothered by your lack of comprehension?

On topic Halo 5 will take place after Escalation and SpOps. No reason for it not to.

Afterwords because it 's moving well in that direction. I think there may be a lead in video at the beginning to bring those that don’t read the printed media up to speed, but it will be general in nature. I read the books and comics, but still like the tie in videos to refresh my memory and get me focused.

> Since we already have Halo: Escalation filling in the events after Spartan Ops, I fail to see why Halo 5: guardians should be set between Halo 4 and Spartan Ops. The story has moved forward, keep it that way.

For one, Escalation seems to be only following the Master Chief for three days after Halo 4 hence why it’s called “The Next 72 Hours”. There’s around eight months to fill between Halo 4 and the end of the current era of Escalation.

I wonder if the Lesser Ark theory may tie into this eight month gap, however. If there’s a remote possibility that a UNSC (of whatever he uses) ship can reach the Ark in eight months via slipspace, then that’s probably how the story will be filled.

But then again, you’d think that the Janus Key would be required to rediscover the location of the Lesser Ark.

> > Since we already have Halo: Escalation filling in the events after Spartan Ops, I fail to see why Halo 5: guardians should be set between Halo 4 and Spartan Ops. The story has moved forward, keep it that way.
>
> For one, Escalation seems to be only following the Master Chief for three days after Halo 4 hence why it’s called “The Next 72 Hours”. There’s around eight months to fill between Halo 4 and the end of the current era of Escalation.
>
> I wonder if the Lesser Ark theory may tie into this eight month gap, however. If there’s a remote possibility that a UNSC (of whatever he uses) ship can reach the Ark in eight months via slipspace, then that’s probably how the story will be filled.
>
> <mark>But then again, you’d think that the Janus Key would be required to rediscover the location of the Lesser Ark.</mark>

Or he learns that ONI is keeping it hidden that it’s still intact and he uses the portal at Voi instead?

343GS/ Chakas is gonna rear his ugly lightbulb-head soon enough.

~ Duck.

> > > Since we already have Halo: Escalation filling in the events after Spartan Ops, I fail to see why Halo 5: guardians should be set between Halo 4 and Spartan Ops. The story has moved forward, keep it that way.
> >
> > For one, Escalation seems to be only following the Master Chief for three days after Halo 4 hence why it’s called “The Next 72 Hours”. There’s around eight months to fill between Halo 4 and the end of the current era of Escalation.
> >
> > I wonder if the Lesser Ark theory may tie into this eight month gap, however. If there’s a remote possibility that a UNSC (of whatever he uses) ship can reach the Ark in eight months via slipspace, then that’s probably how the story will be filled.
> >
> > <mark>But then again, you’d think that the Janus Key would be required to rediscover the location of the Lesser Ark.</mark>
>
> Or he learns that ONI is keeping it hidden that it’s still intact and he uses the portal at Voi instead?

You need a Keyship to activate the Voi portal.

> > It’s a little detached at the moment story-wise though.
> >
> > <mark>There are people who didn’t follow Spartan Ops AND don’t read the comics (in fact I think the majority of people)</mark>, so carrying on straight after all of this is just going to seem extremely odd in the game and quite disjointed.
> >
> > That was one of the major downfalls of Halo 4’s plot-line; that unless players were familiar with lore there was a lot that didn’t make any sense. This could have been changed by a more considered approach on dealing with the story-line on 343’s part, and explaining things in greater detail in cutscenes.
> >
> > 343 failed at this very badly, I even remember them saying that the story is easy to drop into for new players unfamiliar with the Halo story… which was far from the case.
> >
> > I’m not sure I’ll even know what the hell is going on with 343’s approach, as I haven’t read the comic and do not plan to. I hope they do a better job with this in H5G.
>
> <mark>If you decided not to play a significant part of the game that is hardly 343i’s fault.</mark> To understand Halo 4’s story all you had to know was what happened in previous games, and even then you didn’t need to know much.
>
> If you actually care about the Halo story then you would read the supplmental materials, <mark>or even just the synopses.</mark> If you don’t care then <mark>why would you even be bothered by your lack of comprehension?</mark>
>
> On topic Halo 5 will take place after Escalation and SpOps. No reason for it not to.

  1. Someone can PLAY Spartan OPs and not follow the storyline, similar to how someone can play the campaign but still be very confused.

2)Even the synapses can be extremely confusing and often times require knowledge of the ore that was in the videogames.

  1. He would be bothered because it is affecting how he comprehends the main story line.

Halo actually does bad with clarity. But then again, most shooters do. I do hope 343 can explain a lot more behind terms that someone wouldn’t be familiar with if they only played the games. I.E. Mendicant Bias, Iso-Didact vs. Ur-Didact, or even who Blue Team is. What would really be helpful is if 343 included a guide to the lore within the game that could chronologically lay everything out.

> You need a Keyship to activate the Voi portal.

There’s likely another way. I mean, the Librarian hopes humanity finds its way to the Ark, having to find a Keyship just seems odd.

Also “In 2553, after the battle, civilian xenoarchaeologists were hired by the Office of Naval Intelligence to study the artifact. While closed, it was still drawing power from an unknown source and the majority of the passageways below it were still unexplored.” from Halo Evolutions.

Perhaps the key has unlocked it, we just don’t know where the handle is.

> > You need a Keyship to activate the Voi portal.
>
> There’s likely another way. I mean, the Librarian hopes humanity finds its way to the Ark, having to find a Keyship just seems odd.

I imagine that she was expecting to have the Keyship on Janjur Qom be the catalyst, as it’s possible that she was expecting to have the humans and the San 'Shyuum once again ally with each other.

That plan appears have went up in flames (pun intended), however.

> Also “In 2553, after the battle, civilian xenoarchaeologists were hired by the Office of Naval Intelligence to study the artifact. While closed, it was still drawing power from an unknown source and the majority of the passageways below it were still unexplored.” from Halo Evolutions.
>
> Perhaps the key has unlocked it, <mark>we just don’t know where the handle is.</mark>

It’s possible that the Janus Key could have something to do with this.

If the San’Shyuum-human alliance was rendered to glass, the Librarian probably placed a few more Keyships lying around as a failsafe. Or, even more speculative, the Janus Key may be able to activate the portal itself.

It is a key, after all.