H5 Grenades Concept

Grenades

Fragmentation Grenade

-spherical area of effect
-medium blast radius
-damage gradient is highest at the center of the blast and lowest at the edges of the blast radius
-bounces off of hard surfaces
-timed fuse begins on initial impact
-bounces off of impacted players or vehicles
-momentarily creates a black dust cloud after detonation
-maximum damage is equivalent to 1.0 shield layers

Plasma Grenade

-cylindrical area of effect
-small horizontal but large vertical blast radius
-two nested damage-columns with no damage gradients between them or outside of them (full damage, splash damage, or no damage)
-sticks to horizontal surfaces on impact or drops down to rest on a horizontal surface after impacting a hard vertical surface
-timed fuse begins once the grenade is at rest on a horizontal surface
-sticks to players or vehicles directly impacted
-momentarily creates a blue haze after detonation
-maximum damage is equivalent to 2.0 shield layers (1.5 + 0.5)

Gravity Grenade

-oblate spheroidal area of effect
-large horizontal but small vertical blast radius
-two nested damage and gravity-push spheroids with no gradients between them or outside of them (full damage/hard push, splash damage/light push, or no damage/no push)
-bounces off of hard surfaces, accelerating with each bounce, before sticking to a horizontal or vertical surface, including ceilings, after three bounces
-manually detonated by the user or will automatically detonate after some time
-automatically detonates on impact with a player or vehicle
-briefly distorts proximate players’ hearing upon detonation
-maximum damage is equivalent to 0.5 shield layers (0.25 + 0.25)

Pulse Orb

-spherical area of effect
-large blast radius
-emp damage gradient is highest at the center of the blast and lowest at the edges of the blast radius
-an extremely small spherical area of explosive damage equivalent to 0.5 shield layers is nested in the exact center of the emp blast
-bounces off of hard surfaces before eventually coming to rest on a horizontal surface
-manually detonated by the user or will automatically detonate after some time
-bounces off of impacted players or vehicles
-maximum damage is equivalent to 3.5 shield layers (3.0 + 0.5)

What if the plasma grenade will always strip the shield no matter where you are in the radius? It worked well in Halo CE and would make the plasma grenade feel more unique overall.

The grenades I want to see are:

Frag grenade (human)

Plasma grenade (covenant)

The UNSC firebomb grenade seen in spartan assault (human)

Anti-gravity grenade (brute)

Spike grenade (brute)

Maybe the pulse…idk

A cool new forerunner one. An idea for this could be when you throw it it splits into four parts, tracks down the enemy and they all come together on impact.

Sounds good to me. I like the gravity grenade idea. I see it working as a great area denial tool.

Never mind specific grenade designs… I want to control the fuse.

I want to hold a grenade before tossing to cook it off.

This would be useful if grenade indicators return. You can cook off the nade to limit reaction time for opponents.

> Never mind specific grenade designs… I want to control the fuse.
>
> I want to hold a grenade before tossing to cook it off.
>
> This would be useful if grenade indicators return. You can cook off the nade to limit reaction time for opponents.

But that wouldn’t be skillful. You wouldn’t have to predict your enemies’ movement and time the detonation to damage them.