H5:G Forge; What we know

So getting some time in with Pegasus, and now Orion I wanted to point out a few things I noticed.

It it seems as if both forge maps take place on the same canvas only with different weather. So here’s what I figure:

1. Forge canvases rather than skybox maps.

2. Time of day / weather settings on forge canvases.

3. Custom callouts. (Though it seems we’re confined to a few preset ones.)

4. Custom numbers. As seen on the signs in Pegasus. (Would like to know if these are already on a block or if you can place like stickers.)

5. Seems like a return to the forerunner pallet after H4 & H2As human theme.

6. Looks like all new pieces to work with. We have had the same pallet since reach. I say it’s about time on this one.

Keep in in mind this is all subject to change for the final game. But the direction it’s going I really like. Also I wonder if certain affinity is responsible for this at all or if the beta was done entirely in house.

Anyone else notice anything I missed?

I hope we can change textures because those ones are just horrible… going back towards H4’s plain white… just looks horrible, H2A had the best textures, metal and concrete, do hope we can change between covi, metal and concrete, UNSC green, and other ones
Also whered you get the thing for time of day and weather? If so thats a huge step in the right direction!

> 2533274812624078;2:
> I hope we can change textures because those ones are just horrible… going back towards H4’s plain white… just looks horrible, H2A had the best textures, metal and concrete, do hope we can change between covi, metal and concrete, UNSC green, and other ones
> Also whered you get the thing for time of day and weather? If so thats a huge step in the right direction!

I believe 343 did say there would be multiple texture palletes.

> 2533274932540799;3:
> > 2533274812624078;2:
> > I hope we can change textures because those ones are just horrible… going back towards H4’s plain white… just looks horrible, H2A had the best textures, metal and concrete, do hope we can change between covi, metal and concrete, UNSC green, and other ones
> > Also whered you get the thing for time of day and weather? If so thats a huge step in the right direction!
>
>
> I believe 343 did say there would be multiple texture palletes.

Do you perhaps have a source? I really hope you’re right.

> 2533274932540799;3:
> > 2533274812624078;2:
> > I hope we can change textures because those ones are just horrible… going back towards H4’s plain white… just looks horrible, H2A had the best textures, metal and concrete, do hope we can change between covi, metal and concrete, UNSC green, and other ones
> > Also whered you get the thing for time of day and weather? If so thats a huge step in the right direction!
>
>
> I believe 343 did say there would be multiple texture palletes.

Yeah i thought i heard about that somewhere, hope its true, its needed! As for weather and time of day that would just top it tbh, that would really make forge something amazing i mean… Far cry has had it since Xbox 360… they had a full on editor, im happy the way forge is, putting down blocks and stuff but we do need weather and lighting etc, i know they did say about different lighting but i wasnt sure if they meant time of day or there using a new system for the lighting, a new way of doing it to make it look more realistic etc

> 2533274837018389;4:
> > 2533274932540799;3:
> > > 2533274812624078;2:
> > > I hope we can change textures because those ones are just horrible… going back towards H4’s plain white… just looks horrible, H2A had the best textures, metal and concrete, do hope we can change between covi, metal and concrete, UNSC green, and other ones
> > > Also whered you get the thing for time of day and weather? If so thats a huge step in the right direction!
> >
> >
> >
> > I believe 343 did say there would be multiple texture palletes.
>
>
> Do you perhaps have a source? I really hope you’re right.

Here you go.

> 2533274812624078;2:
> I hope we can change textures because those ones are just horrible… going back towards H4’s plain white… just looks horrible, H2A had the best textures, metal and concrete, do hope we can change between covi, metal and concrete, UNSC green, and other ones
> Also whered you get the thing for time of day and weather? If so thats a huge step in the right direction!

I’m assuming time of day based on Eden and empire. One is day one is night with the same skybox. And weather I’m assuming from the fact that the opening fly through on both Pegasus and Orion have the same exact terrain and foliage and such, the only difference being one is snowy and one seems rocky/ desert. This makes me believe they are both on the same canvas with different weather textures.

> 2533274932540799;6:
> > 2533274837018389;4:
> > > 2533274932540799;3:
> > > > 2533274812624078;2:
> > > > I hope we can change textures because those ones are just horrible… going back towards H4’s plain white… just looks horrible, H2A had the best textures, metal and concrete, do hope we can change between covi, metal and concrete, UNSC green, and other ones
> > > > Also whered you get the thing for time of day and weather? If so thats a huge step in the right direction!
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I believe 343 did say there would be multiple texture palletes.
> >
> >
> >
> > Do you perhaps have a source? I really hope you’re right.
>
>
> Here you go.

Thanks for that link. I never saw that before. That’s great news for forge. Sounds like forge is being done completely by 343. Wonder if certain affinity is involved in this game at all?