H5 Achilles Armor in Infinite?

Is there any chance that people who unlocked the achilles armor and helmet in H5 will get to have them in infinite too? My company is about to finish the grind for the helmet, which is exciting, but I’m a little sad that I’ll only get to rock it for a few months and then infinite will release. I guess my thought is that it would be cool to have more unlockable cosmetics available to people who’ve played the other games in infinite other than just the reward for hitting 152 in H5

There has been some discussion around this. Views on who should have it in Infinite vary, but I think most people would love to see Achilles make a return.

I believe it should be unlockable for anyone, not just players who got it in H5. This wouldn’t be the first time for a situation like this to occur, an example being Recon in Reach being made available for everyone. It’s a cool armor and allowing everyone to unlock it by doing something in HInf. will not reduce its reputation in H5.

For sure agree. I think the Achilles Armor needs to make a return but as a tough unlock. If you got it in H5 it would be nice to just have it in infinite because of the incredible grind to get it then for all the other players who didnt get it they have to unlock it for themselves but maybe this time it can be done on an individual basis instead of making people join a company. which I didnt mind though met some cool players from around the world that way.

Yes, if I would like to see the Achilles in infinite, I have been for more than 3 years that I obtained at 100 and the truth I would like to be able to equip it in infinite, it is a beautiful armor, if they can include the classic armor, as they will not be able to include a halo 5 armor

Yeah I like the idea of having people able to unlock it in Hinf but also rewarding H5 players for the grind

> 2533274891826916;5:
> Yeah I like the idea of having people able to unlock it in Hinf but also rewarding H5 players for the grind

True, getting special rewards is always cool. I think there are supposed to be charms, based on certain codes from food promos. Perhaps 343i could include a special charm for those who unlocked Achilles in H5 to complement the armor set in Infinite which would be available for everyone to unlock. That way you get a nice trinket that’s unique without denying others the opportunity to get a cool armor set from what would be an older game.

> 2533274824050480;2:
> There has been some discussion around this. Views on who should have it in Infinite vary, but I think most people would love to see Achilles make a return.
>
> I believe it should be unlockable for anyone, not just players who got it in H5. This wouldn’t be the first time for a situation like this to occur, an example being Recon in Reach being made available for everyone. It’s a cool armor and allowing everyone to unlock it by doing something in HInf. will not reduce its reputation in H5.

Whenever Achilles is mentioned, Tuhin appears. But on Topic I wouldn’t mind an actual Achilles like challlenge again I never got it. But kudos to everyone who had a company that did.

> 2533274812438213;7:
> > 2533274824050480;2:
> > There has been some discussion around this. Views on who should have it in Infinite vary, but I think most people would love to see Achilles make a return.
> >
> > I believe it should be unlockable for anyone, not just players who got it in H5. This wouldn’t be the first time for a situation like this to occur, an example being Recon in Reach being made available for everyone. It’s a cool armor and allowing everyone to unlock it by doing something in HInf. will not reduce its reputation in H5.
>
> Whenever Achilles is mentioned, Tuhin appears. But on Topic I wouldn’t mind an actual Achilles like challlenge again I never got it. But kudos to everyone who had a company that did.

Normally when Achilles is mentioned, Fred appears and it’ll be a paragraph about why he hates Achilles, Achilles players and how it ruined Halo 5 for him, I’ll stand by for his arrival edit

I CALLED IT!!

But Im all open for a Achilles like challenge again, it was something to grind for in Halo 5 it’ll be something to earn in Halo Infinite (Unless they have a Legendary completion unlock)

I’d definitely be up for another grind in infinite that would be fun in my opinion. Idk about others but I also enjoyed the fact that it forced me to play with others. Before I went on the Achilles grind I was always a solo queue player but now I’ll play with people in my company every now and then, and it’s a totally different game if you can talk to your teammates. So appreciate that it made me change up my habits a little

I hope to unlock achilles soon so I very selfishly hope that there is a carry over. The grind is a tad ridiculous though and I think 100 spartan large companies is a but too much for a squad.

I wouldn’t mind it returning although I got my doubts it will be same fashion as in Halo 5 due to various reasons (one being the art style direction). However, I got a feeling there will be a legacy achievement along those lines.

No, please just NO. I have had enough of the Achilles armor in H5 and if it comes to Infinite, I will be boycotting it 200%. Halo does NOT need any more stupid-looking armors like that.

> 2535412187252726;12:
> No, please just NO. I have had enough of the Achilles armor in H5 and if it comes to Infinite, I will be boycotting it 200%. Halo does NOT need any more stupid-looking armors like that.

I think it looks pretty cool. It’s so unique compared to all the other armor.

> 2535412187252726;12:
> No, please just NO. I have had enough of the Achilles armor in H5 and if it comes to Infinite, I will be boycotting it 200%. Halo does NOT need any more stupid-looking armors like that.

I agree that achilles isn’t exactly what one thinks of when they think of a futuristic military sci-fi armor/helmet, but I kinda like that fact. I feel the same about the hayabusa; I doubt that 500 years from now a soldier would wear something that looks like that helmet, but that doesn’t change the fact that it still looks pretty cool. IMHO silly/eccentric armors and helmets have a place in halo

Honestly, I’d be happier if you could unlock it in Hinf, doing that challenge in Halo 5 for achilles was quite a fun time with my Spartan company and it made everyone actually work together for something. I’d love lots of those kinds of challenges.

I don’t know if Aquilles will be in Infinite, but they may make new comments with a new incentive for companies

Chances are Achilles, if it returns, will go the route of Recon and become just a regular armor set going forward.

It had its time as something special, now it’s time to make room for something new that is special.

> 2533274833071719;3:
> For sure agree. I think the Achilles Armor needs to make a return but as a tough unlock. If you got it in H5 it would be nice to just have it in infinite because of the incredible grind to get it then for all the other players who didnt get it they have to unlock it for themselves but maybe this time it can be done on an individual basis instead of making people join a company. which I didnt mind though met some cool players from around the world that way.

Hey as long as I didnt have to join a dumb spartan company and pretend im in a military organisation for a Halo cosmetic im happy to try and unlock Achillies legitimately. Unfortunately Halo 5 is tryhard central though so Im not going to bother with that

> 2533274810177460;17:
> Chances are Achilles, if it returns, will go the route of Recon and become just a regular armor set going forward.
>
> It had its time as something special, now it’s time to make room for something new that is special.

I also see this as a very likely route forward

The way I think it should work is if it is in Infinite make it so every one has to do something to unlock it. Like after finding all of something, or getting all par time/scores (if that will be a thing). It shouldn’t just transfer over IMO. While I did get Achilles I never wore it as to me it has that stigma of those lame “farming” companies who could have easily won games but instead just sat back and farmed kills from a weaker team.