H4 & xbx 720..?

I know H4 will be on both consoles over time but first off in this post I would like to state my thoughts on the new 720 based on some info from IGN and ohther leaked content

xbox 720 just might -strongly- go without a disc drive

my thoughts
Your account will become your source for your games
The new console would require your Hard Drive or whatever source we get to be brought into the store

the store would be equip-ted with a source to add money to your account directly
AND
This computer jack system whatever would be updated to have all the zip-files to every game.

Once you pay for a game they should be able to jack in your Hard-Drive run the dlc code given by the register to activate your game and get the zip-files from the 720master comp.

this way Game-stop wouldn’t need to get any internet connection they just need the equipment which Microsoft would supply hands down.

THE USERS
if you play offline well you get it at the store so no worriers if you deleted it though there is no need its would be so small just go to the store or access xbox live

and get it again
the user profile would act as the owner so if you hack you get banned
and as hacking violates the product its manipulating so you would loss all your games and content and account aka EVERYTHING for cheating or modding or manipulating the game files in general.
They would surly lock the file acess to prevent altering and then put a security system to prevent mods.

Thus making LIVE fair game.

The zip-files may have some system to extract and seal the files for use and memory savings to zip the games you wont want to use at that time.

We may just see a jump in the server abilitys aswell
so we could have server options

example
home coast - USA -east
home coast - USA -mid
home coast - USA -west
home coast - USA
home coast - Europe
home coast - Asia
home coast - S. america
home coast - Africa
home coast - WORLD

HALO 4 and other games caught between systmes
console to console720

update the game to have these options with title update so it can affect the 360 users
to connect to 720 no matter how many years pass but only to these few games
which would most likly rely on 343 or microsoft if my theory is correct

COMMENT BACK

I gotta be honest… I’m struggling to understand the purpose of this thread. Nonetheless, I feel as if I must tell you that you’re jumping the gun a little bit, especially considering Halo 4 hasn’t even been released and the next-gen console hasn’t been announced yet.

> I gotta be honest… I’m struggling to understand the purpose of this thread. Nonetheless, I feel as if I must tell you that you’re jumping the gun a little bit, especially considering Halo 4 hasn’t even been released and the next-gen console hasn’t been announced yet.

This is more so a topic to discuss thoughts on the 720 which has had some legitamite leaks

and thoughts for how 343 will introduce halo 4 players on the 360 to the ones that would be on the 720 at somepoint in the future.

I never said that this was set in stone now did I

AGAIN THEORY TOPIC DISCUSSION

A disc-free console doesn’t make sense. The PSP Go tried this direction (no discdrive) and it failed pretty badly. It may be a handheld compared to a home console, but consoles should be compatible with the last generation’s games to help adoption.
H4 is also being released on the Xbox 360.
Rumors…

> I know H4 will be on both consoles over time

Are you talking about backwards compatibility here? The game’s not going to get a special release for the nextbox.

Halo 4 will not be on both consoles.

Xbox already announced that there would be no new xbox console release in 2012.

If MS calls it Xbox 720, I wouldn’t buy it.

You know why, because 1080p is HD. It would only make sense to WANT to call it the XBox 1080 if they continue with the numbers.

It’s dumb I know, but really, it’s just makes more logical sense so… Calling it 720 would prove to me that MS has no sense of logic.

And I don’t support stupid.

I was suggesting that when the 720 comes out however it may be build wise

there will need to be an update for the halo 4 users still on the 360

like they did with the H2 xbox to 360

> > I know H4 will be on both consoles over time
>
> Are you talking about backwards compatibility here? The game’s not going to get a special release for the nextbox.

based on the anouncment made suggesting strongly for the disc less console there will be no ned for backwards compatability as all games would be download
so all game servers would be acessable
only question is how will they pull the 2 h4 communitys together if they do go discless

Umm your talking about the 720 not HALO 4 what is this thread about??? PLUS “We are not seeing a new console anytime soon”
“The kinect has expanded XBOX 360’s life span”

> Halo 4 will not be on both consoles.

This. It’d be utterly pointless. Either H4 on the new X-Box would run a new graphics system to get the most out of the console, and thus you wouldn’t be able to play with 360 owners, or they’d literally just port the existing version over.

Either one is a waste.

H4 will not AT ALL be on the nextbox, of coarse it will be a 99% chance it will have backwards compatibility with 360 games tho. Also to your whole need to go to game stop with your hard drive thing? Its called games on demand…

> H4 will not AT ALL be on the nextbox, of coarse it will be a 99% chance it will have backwards compatibility with 360 games tho. Also to your whole need to go to game stop with your hard drive thing? Its called games on demand…

its a guess a theory
and blam your demand get up not everyone has internet which is why I put in my thoughts on how to fix the solution without going farfetched on the idea

for example of far fetched - having to pay for internet instalation in every single store in the us

when compared to sending a single custom designed computer to stores that gets game updates and launch release’s, extra edition content, download content, EVERYTHING BY DISC
this makes more sence, even more than on demand load of blam

You’re assuming so much in this thread that I’m having trouble keeping up.

What stores don’t have internet access? No really i can’t think of one store unless you are talking about one of those side of the street stores that only accept cash.

> Xbox already announced that there would be no new xbox console release in 2012.

We know that there will be no new Xbox console release this year.

Now, like a few others have stated, it’s still too early to even talk about the next Xbox, Microsoft hasn’t even officially announced it yet, and all of the information you have on it is pure rumor, even if there has been some “legit Leaks” they can still be fake.
Also, IGN also has already stated that Microsoft has shot down the rumor of a disc drive-less Xbox. Also, Consoles are still new to the Direct to Drive games, and not a lot of people have their consoles hooked up to the internet, and some don’t want to leave their console on for hours on end to download a game, when they can go to the store and buy the disc version.

Right now, the only platforms that Direct to Drive games are really taking off on are PCs, and Mobile.

But like I said before, it’s still too early to say.

Also, again Deluca, I’ve said this once before in your thread, “We know there is no new Xbox Console Release for this year, we’re talking about 2013” Every rumor I’ve seen has stated for a 2012 E3 Announcement, and 2013 or 2014 release. I have not seen a single bit of rumor saying “New Xbox 2012”.

<mark>IF</mark> they had a custom xbox comp downloader the funtions and benifits

no need for internet instalation all updates based on a single disc imput and downloaded into the custom xbx comp for the update of any and all GAME RELEASES and CONTENTS

no need for mass ordering and loss of materials at times
saves money on disc production
fast and effective
benefits to all users to save data space and maximize the success-rate of sales and profits
does not conflict into the loss of users whom dont have internet as they get the games downloaded at the store.

the games wouldnt be the full Gb file but a zip file waiting to be extracted at your leasure.

and this method can also prevent hacking in both system security and the knowledge of lossing everything if you are caught hacking thus making the experience more pleasurable

GOT ANY OTHER THINGS SAYING THAT THE ON DEMAND IS BETTER CAUSE ITS NOT

but this is still just a topic to discuss theory’s

> What stores don’t have internet access? No really i can’t think of one store unless you are talking about one of those side of the street stores that only accept cash.

thats why im sugesting that the get a custom comp just read the post thoughouly

> > Xbox already announced that there would be no new xbox console release in 2012.
>
> <mark>some don’t want to leave their console on for hours on end to download a game, when they can go to the store and buy the disc version.</mark>
>
> Right now, the only platforms that Direct to Drive games are really taking off on are PCs, and Mobile.
>
> But like I said before, it’s still too early to say.
>
> Also, again Deluca, I’ve said this once before in your thread, “We know there is no new Xbox Console Release for this year, we’re talking about 2013” Every rumor I’ve seen has stated for a 2012 E3 Announcement, and 2013 or 2014 release. I have not seen a single bit of rumor saying “New Xbox 2012”.

again a zip file is a file that takes only 1-5 min extracting
aka god fast download

and geting a zip file only takes a few seconds