H4 Will Please Purists/Competitive Players

Hey guys, I have followed H4’s progress since it was first announced alongside CEA. At first I was very skeptical after how utterly disappointed I was with reach but after watching almost every available video of H4 I am convinced 343 did a good job. And I want to speak to my fellow old timers here who have a bit of doubt about H4.

First who I am
1)When I was 14 I got CE a few months after launch after I heard it was like Goldeneye, BUT BETTER
2)Played 2 and 3 Online, 37 in H2 and 50 in H3 TS, all achievements in ODST and went highest 25% onyx then dropped to 80% in Reach
3)Read all novels

Why H4 will satisfy those who loved the trilogy (quick note I will refer to the “magnum” from CE as the pistol since anyone who played alot at that time called it pistol mmmk)

**1)**No bloom

**2)**Bleedthrough is BACK!!!

**3)**NO MORE AR/SMG STARTS! EVER

4) Essentially the return of CE Pistol, AKA the bloomless DMR where its tiny “bloom” is more of like a controllable spread on the CE pistol when fired max ROF semi auto. No more BS of the H3 br spread, the super autoaim of the H2 BR, or the just plain idiotic HR DMR bloom. Looks like it will be the most challenging/loyal to CE precision weapon to date

**5)**Counters to sprint sword now available - just spawn with stickies and use your skill

6) AAs while still disappointing to see in for most of us, are HIGHLY nerfed. Jetpack is essentially now a reusable H3 grav lift, regen takes forever to recover and last very shortly

7) Spawn counters to power weapons now highly available. A big thing in CE was that teams that had set up had an advantage but that newly spawned players could easily dethrone players who had aquired better weapons via the pistol

8) Sprint while disappointing to see to most vets, since a high base movement speed accomplishes all without any of the problem, has been nerfed so that players slow down when shot, plus there is what seems like H2 base movement and jump so sprint is a small boost, not the rocket of lolescaperunnaway it was in reach.

**9)**H2 movement makes a return! Not the sluggish movement of reach or to a lesser degree H3

10) (CE+H2)/2 kill times seem to be in. Promethian shotgun looks a lot like the CE shotty. Rockets look like they move at CE rocket speed, AR is still what it was in CE good for beginners and at best a good club (for those who could do button combos), and the SAW really reminds me of the lethalness of the CE PR but with freeze replaced for power.

11) H3 style grenades! no more reach mini non bouncing NUKES. plus now we can choose

12) Perks while disappointing will be balanced and eventually there will be ONE dominant loadout. There pretty much always is, just look at cod and all that FAMAS +slight of hand shenanigans. So either way odds are in competitive matches between skilled players, most if not all will have even starts.

13) No more AL or fairy power Jetpack where you can loiter forever in the sky.

14) The addition of the H2 prototype BR, AKA the light rifle!!!

15) A new and unique grenade that isnt as useless poor sticky clone of the H3 spike or absent H3 incendiary

CONCERNS
As an old timer, ranking system is important to me. But seeing as 343 has yet to spill the beans about the rank system in its entirety and that COD is adding a visible skill based ranking system that has been compared with H3’s 1-50 with BO2, I doubt highly that 343 will not at least add something along the lines of arena. Arena once jetpack was removed actually worked not so bad and the matches are very competitive compared to normal Reach playlists where the skilled steamroll over the masses.

So while concerned, I dont think 343 will forget about

The assault weapons have been buffed to dominate at close range so the AR might finally be a useful gun again.
But all decent points. I don’t care much about the ranks but that’s just a personal opinion.

> No more BS of the H3 br spread.

I think the Halo 4 BR has some spread though, so expect BS to return.

Sounds good to me.

> The assault weapons have been buffed to dominate at close range so the AR might finally be a useful gun again.
> But all decent points. I don’t care much about the ranks but that’s just a personal opinion.

AR has never been a useful beyond spray and bash or a quick finisher of weakened opponents. I doubt that will change.

Also many long time fans played got alot of fun out of seeing how they stack up compared to other players. It was fun healthy competition with a side of trashtalk/taking the game super serious, that is often associated with any non major league IRL sports event. Seeing as it was a staple of 6 years of halo gameplay and brings joy to many, I think it would be unfair to neglect that community while going so out of the way for things like griffball.

my 00.02$

> > No more BS of the H3 br spread.
>
> I think the Halo 4 BR has some spread though, so expect BS to return.

No it has predictable spread, not the random spread of Halo 3. Plus it’-Yoink!- scan.

> > The assault weapons have been buffed to dominate at close range so the AR might finally be a useful gun again.
> > But all decent points. I don’t care much about the ranks but that’s just a personal opinion.
>
> AR has never been a useful beyond spray and bash or a quick finisher of weakened opponents. I doubt that will change.
>
>
> Also many long time fans played got alot of fun out of seeing how they stack up compared to other players. It was fun healthy competition with a side of trashtalk/taking the game super serious, that is often associated with any non major league IRL sports event. Seeing as it was a staple of 6 years of halo gameplay and brings joy to many, I think it would be unfair to neglect that community while going so out of the way for things like griffball.
>
> my 00.02$

Like I said PERSONAL opinion

> > > No more BS of the H3 br spread.
> >
> > I think the Halo 4 BR has some spread though, so expect BS to return.
>
> No it has predictable spread, not the random spread of Halo 3. Plus it’-Yoink!- scan.

Either way any “REAL” ^^ halo purist will be using the DMR since a single shot/extreme range precision weapon is the epitome of halo. Not the range nerfed poor cousin of the pistol AKA H2/3 BR lol ^~

(Skimmed through opening post) Halo 4 can and will please and piss off Halo vets, just like it already is with the rest of the community.

> > No more BS of the H3 br spread.
>
> I think the Halo 4 BR has some spread though, so expect BS to return.

But the BR itself is really weak. I predict a lot more DMRs than BRs. We have options now.

> (Skimmed through opening post) Halo 4 can and will please and piss off Halo vets, just like it already is with the rest of the community.

Doubt it, and instead of being so stonewalled you should read the OP since thats what forums are for.

Also dont let the forums fool you, look at the gameplay shown and many of the issues of old are now amended. At the very least this is light years ahead of Reach.

A big issue for many are the perks. But like I said eventually there will be one dominant loadout like there is in every other perk based game. So even starts will mroe or less return

> >
>
> But the BR itself is really weak. I predict a lot more DMRs than BRs. We have options now.

Arguably the new DMR is more “halo” than the BR will ever be lol since its a tweaked CE pistol

> > > > No more BS of the H3 br spread.
> > >
> > > I think the Halo 4 BR has some spread though, so expect BS to return.
> >
> > No it has predictable spread, not the random spread of Halo 3. Plus it’-Yoink!- scan.
>
> Either way any “REAL” ^^ halo purist will be using the DMR since a single shot/extreme range precision weapon is the epitome of halo. Not the range nerfed poor cousin of the pistol AKA H2/3 BR lol ^~

I played CE and I still think the Halo 2 BR was amazing. The DMR really didn’t appeal to me as much as I had originally thought. Now the gun I am looking forward towards and will probably use most is the Light Rifle. Combining the range of the DMR while scoped and the burst mechanic of the BR; it’s essentially a happy medium.

$.02

> >
>
> But the BR itself is really weak. I predict a lot more DMRs than BRs. We have options now.

Yup.

I would honestly be shocked if we had a Halo game where utility weapons were actually better than in the previous game.

> > >
> >
> > But the BR itself is really weak. I predict a lot more DMRs than BRs. We have options now.
>
> Arguably the new DMR is more “halo” than the BR will ever be lol since its a tweaked CE pistol

I wouldn’t say tweaked, it just fills the same idea.

> > >
> >
> > But the BR itself is really weak. I predict a lot more DMRs than BRs. We have options now.
>
> Yup.
>
> I would honestly be shocked if we had a Halo game where utility weapons were actually better than in the previous game.

well the CE magnum cant be due to latency, H2 br had autoaim out the wazoo, and h3 br had horrible spread and was atrocious when there was just a bit of lag. DMR with its crazy reach bloom is easily surpassed.

So i think H4 has the best chance of having the best precision weps since CE

> >
>

Screw both those weapons. The carbine is going to wreck them!

i’ve played halo since i was 11 years old back in 2001-2002. I was extremely disappointed with reach. but I must say i am beyond excited to play halo 4. it looks like the best halo yet. i just pray for a skill based ranking system. please let that happen

It isint H2 movement, its H3, and H3 was slow and sluggish.

> It isint H2 movement, its H3, and H3 was slow and sluggish.

Halo 3 speed with sprint though, so quite fast.

> > It isint H2 movement, its H3, and H3 was slow and sluggish.
>
> Halo 3 speed with sprint though, so quite fast.

Sprint doesn’t automatically equate to a faster game. The potential to speed up the game is there (especially on maps that are too big), but people can also escape easier when they would have died normally in a game without sprint.