H4- Why most arguments against it are wrong

We all know about the common threads in the Halo 4 section, which bashes new elements of Halo 4 that will be implemented. Ive been really bothered with every argument i see. From the return of AA’s to the amount of shots it takes to kill using a BR, all have something very in common. You are comparing the new changes to past Halo games.

This doesn’t sound that bad, right? But it is where everyone is getting it wrong!

Halo 4 is a brand new game. Comparing a new feature to a different game is ridiculous. Sure, it might not work with the past halo games or “the core of Halo”, but it probably will work with Halo 4. There would be obvious things in the game that would be to out of place, like 5 shots to take down a enemy.

But you haven’t played Halo 4, have you?

So how can you say it wont work, or have any other negative views toward a new feature when you have no idea how it will affect gameplay and change other mechanics?

You cant.

So next time you complain about armor abilities, changes in weapons, or changes on anything that affects gameplay, remember what your comparing it to. It may not fit with Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST, or Halo Reach, remember it probably wont. It will, however, work with Halo 4, if 343 knows what they’re doing. But who am i to say if they are prepared for the future of Halo.

How can an opinion be wrong?

opinion =/= fact at this point…

but opinion can = fact when it comes out.

it is like all those people that were pissed at bloom in the reach beta…well they were right.

Most Reach-343-HALO 4 haters think that their opinions are the Best ones and all others opinions are a s…load.

you don’t know that, yourself. It’s extremely hypocritical to say, “You can’t say the game will suck you haven’t played it!” but say “This will be the greatest game ever!” Guess what? You haven’t played it either.

> you don’t know that, yourself. It’s extremely hypocritical to say, “You can’t say the game will suck you haven’t played it!” but say “This will be the greatest game ever!” Guess what? You haven’t played it either.

Have i said it would be the greatest or worst game ever throughout my post?

My point is it doesnt make sense to compare new gameplay mechanics to a different game.

I loved every single Halo game equally so far and have had SO much fun playing them all. I have nothing against anything in past Halo games and I’m certainly open to new features. I’m a fussy person, but not that fussy to be complaining about every feature. I’ll make my decision after E3 or when I’ve played the game. So far, it looks amazing though.

I’m simply nervous about default sprint and the fact that this is 343i’s first official game.

how do you know AAs or the 5 shot br won’t fail in halo 4? you haven’t played this game either. and we’ve all played reach, AAs didn’t work there, so as far as i’m concerned there is more evidence to suggest the worst.

> how do you know AAs or the 5 shot br won’t fail in halo 4? you haven’t played this game either. and we’ve all played <mark>reach, AAs didn’t work there</mark>, so as far as i’m concerned there is more evidence to suggest the worst.

Exactly ! You have seen them in Reach, it does not mean they will be implemented so bad in Halo 4…

> How can an opinion be wrong?

If it’s completely uneducated?

> > how do you know AAs or the 5 shot br won’t fail in halo 4? you haven’t played this game either. and we’ve all played <mark>reach, AAs didn’t work there</mark>, so as far as i’m concerned there is more evidence to suggest the worst.
>
> Exactly ! You have seen them in Reach, it does not mean they will be implemented so bad in Halo 4…

you completely missed my point. i was merely saying there is more evidence (however redundant and small) to suggest that AAs will not work in halo 4.

> how do you know AAs or the 5 shot br won’t fail in halo 4?

I dont. But how do you know they will?

> you haven’t played this game either. and we’ve all played reach, AAs didn’t work there, so as far as i’m concerned there is more evidence to suggest the worst.

Um… thats not evidence what so ever. Comparing a gameplay mechanic from a game to a modified game mechanic in a different game is useless and arrogant. Your right, i havent played the game. I remain neutral. You, on the other hand, have negative views on new mechanics comparing it to other video games. You might as well compare AA’s to Skyrim.

I did not play Halo 4 yet.
But I want to.

Even if this was the first Halo game and there had never been any video games before it ever, Armor Abilities would still be a sh*tty idea. I’m not against a 5SK BR because that’s not how it was in H2/H3, I’m against a 5SK BR because it’s a terrible idea. I know, I know, I haven’t played Halo 4, but a 2 second minimum kill time WILL NEVER WORK IN ANY GAME EVER (unless you don’t have regenerating health, or only 1 life, or something like that)

> Even if this was the first Halo game and there had never been any video games before it ever, Armor Abilities would still be a Yoink! idea.

I dont think youve read my thread. If you did, re-read it.

> > Even if this was the first Halo game and there had never been any video games before it ever, Armor Abilities would still be a Yoink! idea.
>
> I dont think youve read my thread. If you did, re-read it.

I read it. I realize that I’ve never played Halo 4, but I shouldn’t have to. Some of the things going into this game simply will not work. They’ll never work. In any game. It’s like when people complained about Armor Lock before the Reach Beta came out. They had never played Reach (or the Beta), yet somehow they were 100% right about how awful AL was going to be.

I’ve never played Halo 4, but I promise you that a 5SK BR is going to be bad in this game.

> > > Even if this was the first Halo game and there had never been any video games before it ever, Armor Abilities would still be a Yoink! idea.
> >
> > I dont think youve read my thread. If you did, re-read it.
>
> I read it. I realize that I’ve never played Halo 4, <mark>but I shouldn’t have to</mark>. Some of the things going into this game simply will not work. They’ll never work. In any game. It’s like when people complained about Armor Lock before the Reach Beta came out. They had never played Reach (or the Beta), yet somehow they were 100% right about how awful AL was going to be.

Yes, you should have to.

You have no idea on how the game will play, how it works, and even how the AA’s will work. So comparing 2 separate games with 2 different game mechanics is arrogant and useless.

Its ridiculous to make an accusation that they will never work, because you dont know that.

And about the AA thing, many people also thought duel wielding was going to fail, brake the game, and make Halo suck.

Look at it now.

> > how do you know AAs or the 5 shot br won’t fail in halo 4?
>
> I dont. But how do you know they will?
>
>
>
> > you haven’t played this game either. and we’ve all played reach, AAs didn’t work there, so as far as i’m concerned there is more evidence to suggest the worst.
>
> Um… thats not evidence what so ever. Comparing a gameplay mechanic from a game to a modified game mechanic in a different game is useless and arrogant. Your right, i havent played the game. I remain neutral. You, on the other hand, have negative views on new mechanics comparing it to other video games. You might as well compare AA’s to Skyrim.

another point of mine missed by someone on the internet, who then calls me arrogant. is it me? i probably need to get better at explaining things. i am just saying that, the “complainers” or “haters” have enough reason to be a little apprehensive about halo 4. now, from the information we have, i would say halo 4 is a mashup of halo 3 and halo reach. the speed and jump height of halo 3, but with AAs from reach. along with some new “perks” system being thrown in to the pot.

343 have already stated many times that halo 4 will feel like the halo we know and love. when you shove all this together, i have wondered many times how the hell they are going to balance it all, and make it all work. i mean i see the news that there will be a perk which lets your shield recharge faster and i can’t help but think “343 what the hell are you doing??”

i am going to wait for much more news until i make a final judgement, but based on the information, i believe we have reason to worry. i was like you in the build up to reach, but then i was utterly disappointed in what i played when it came out. not saying it will happen again, just saying that i’d rather be expecting the worst and getting the worst than expecting the best and getting the worst. (i know that sentence was really terribly worded but it makes sense)

Say what you will, but when the game does come out and people do start to play it, everyone is going to be criticizing the exact same things. 11/6/12 is only going to prove that everyone’s complaints were right. It happened with Reach, and it’ll happen with Halo 4.