H4 UNSC Weaponry Screen Captures (HI-RES)

High resolution screen captures of all Halo 4 UNSC weaponry + one yet to be named Promethean weapon. All credit for these captures goes to xJumPeR_JumPzZ for uploading these on minus, where several additional screen captures for each weapon can be found. Check out his UNSC weaponry Youtube video edited with a soundtrack by Pendulum here.

Update: New screen captures added to the OP on 08/15/2012 are linked in blue.

Spartan
Spartan melee

UNSC Weaponry
Magnum (Adrift)
Magnum (Longbow)
Magnum/Prompt to pick up SAW
Assault Rifle (AR)
Assault Rifle (Adrift)
Assault Rifle (Reload animation)
Battle Rifle (BR)
Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR)
Shotgun
Shotgun (Fired, kickback)
Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW)
Squad Automatic Weapon (Pick-up animation)
Sticky Detonator
Sticky Detonator (Explosive released, screen out)
Sticky Detonator (Explosion, reloading)
Railgun
Railgun
Railgun (Explosion)
Railgun (Reload animation)
Rocket Launcher
Rocket Launcher (Firing)
Spartan Laser
Spartan Laser (Laser fired)
Sniper Rifle
Sniper Rifle (Zoomed in)
Sniper Rifle (Invincible medal)

Promethean Weaponry
Promethean Pistol?
Promethean Pistol (Side view)
Third view of the Promethean Pistol in its holster (Blue Spartan, Right Leg)
Fourth view of the Promethean Pistol (Red Spartan, falling vertically)

So that mystery sidearm on the spartan’s right leg was the Promethean pistol all this time?

Thanks for this , OP!

> So that mystery sidearm on the spartan’s right leg was the Promethean pistol all this time?

This is not confirmed. It would appear that they may indeed be the same weapon, but personally, I would like to think it is an SMG of sorts until further clarification by 343.

Is it just me or did they change the icon for promethean vision?

What about covvie weapons?

Those screenshots made me realize it looks like the grenades are wearing cowboy hats.

On a more serious note, the shotgun looks to be the most drastic change, next to the sniper IMO. I miss the LEDs…otherwise the thing looks really neat.

Sniper looks better, I miss the green hue, and I think the redesigned medals actually look pretty cool. Especially Invincible. Incentive to get 30 kills again!

Thanks for this post!

Thank you good sir, these are very nice!

> What about covvie weapons?

I believe 343 is going to release a Covenant weaponry and Promethean weaponry video similar to the UNSC weaponry video. The ETA on those videos is unknown, but I would speculate the Covenant weaponry video is 1-2 weeks out, and the Promethean weaponry video 3-4 weeks out.

I saw a rumor that specializations will be shown next week.

> So that mystery sidearm on the spartan’s right leg was the Promethean pistol all this time?
>
> Thanks for this , OP!

yes

I can’t wait for the next weapon video. They should do a video each week now up until release to hype everyone. Specializations video, vehicles video, covie weapons video, promethean weapons video and a maps video. :3

> I can’t wait for the next weapon video. They should do a video each week now up until release to hype everyone. Specializations video, vehicles video, covie weapons video, promethean weapons video and a maps video. :3

I hope that is what 343 has in store for us. I am very curious how a Spartan is supposed to wield the Promethean Sniper. That weapon is almost as long as a Spartan is tall.

How’d he get such good quality?

Even when I download the highest quality version on Waypoint’s channel, it’s not that clear.

Can’t stop looking at those screen captures. The SAW is most likely going to be the closet we can get to the 60 round CE AR. I hope it’s worthy addition to the power weapon collection :D.

Also; dat quality.

I love what they’ve done with the Sniper since E3! They even removed the bloom :smiley:

In the Spartan Laser picture the player doesn’t have an armor ability.

Wat.

My good sir, thank you for marvelous high resolution screenshots on each weapons, it shall prove to be useful asset for me to post at Spacebattles.

And, I beg you, how did your “friend” get such quality of the video? At Youtube, I have even have amped it to 720p HD and it is still blurry after reverting to full screen. There is only way to get true HD screenshot is via downloading video on Xbox 360 and using HD capture card.

> In the Spartan Laser picture the player doesn’t have an armor ability.
>
> Wat.

My guess is the player has opted not to choose an AA. I believe that’s a choice we can make when tweaking the loadouts.

If not, perhaps it’s a game variant of Infinity Slayer without AAs.

> Also; dat quality.

I am not sure how he got such great quality, but I believe he somehow got access to a higher quality video.

Update: The OP has been updated with several additional screen captures, including: Shotgun kickback animation, SAW pick-up animation, Sticky Detonator reload animation, Railgun reload animation, Spartan Laser fired, and a side view of the Promethean Pistol.

What is with the little arrows on the outside of the radar?