H4 TOURNAMENTs BASED 100% ON HOW MUCH U PLAY

I guess this is just a general question or point.

Why is every single halo tournament based 100% on how much a person can play? It does not make sense to me automatically disqualify people who have ANY kind of obligation in life. Whether it be a kid, a girlfriend, a job, a long drive even, will eliminate a persons chance at competing in this tourney. The winners are those who have NOTHING else to do and do NOTHING else. I’m confident I could win 20 games of the playlist each week. But id have no chance compared to those who are going to play HUNDREDS OF GAMES. I do not have that kind of time, but I do have the skill. I’m sure I am not the only player in this position. What do the gamers need to do to get a tournament that anyone has a fair chance in? Rather than only the kids on summer vacation…who will now not leave their couches for a month. Yay obesity…

No, it’s not. Even a person who has an extremely busy social life can squeeze in 20 games in the course of a week. If you can manage to come in 1st place for all twenty of those games, then currently you will be in the top 25 of everyone on the leaderboards. If you are so confident that you could win 20 games in a week, then go ahead and prove it. It’s not easy, since the playlist is attracting a lot of talented players. Give it your best shot, because playing 20 games without losing a single one, is not easy.

Because its harder to setup a tournament brachet when you have possibly millions of players going in to participate via the internet.

At least this time, number of games played is used as a tie breaker, not a “winning factor”

> I guess this is just a general question or point.
>
> Why is every single halo tournament based 100% on how much a person can play? It does not make sense to me automatically disqualify people who have ANY kind of obligation in life. Whether it be a kid, a girlfriend, a job, a long drive even, will eliminate a persons chance at competing in this tourney. The winners are those who have NOTHING else to do and do NOTHING else. I’m confident I could win 20 games of the playlist each week. But id have no chance compared to those who are going to play HUNDREDS OF GAMES. I do not have that kind of time, but I do have the skill. I’m sure I am not the only player in this position. What do the gamers need to do to get a tournament that anyone has a fair chance in? Rather than only the kids on summer vacation…who will now not leave their couches for a month. Yay obesity…

Well I’m sorry you feel that way, but you may want to read the rules again.

> ach week this playlist will highlight a different game mode in which you’ll need to play a minimum of 20 matches to qualify. An average score will be determined across your 20 matches. What’s an average score, you ask? Each match you play will earn you points based on your rank in that match. The scale looks like this:
> 1st Place = 8 points
> 2nd Place = 7 points
> 3rd Place = 6 points
> 4th Place = 5 points
> 5th Place = 4 points
> 6th Place = 3 points
> 7th Place = 2 points
> 8th Place = 1 point
> Disconnect = 0 points
> We’ll take the points you earn during the week, add them up, and then divide by the total number of matches you’ve played that week to calculate your average score.

So if I play 90 matches and I win all 90, I get a score of 720. We then divide 720 by the number of matches played, 90. Which brings my average score to 8.

You have a shot as long as you play your 20 matches well. Good luck :smiley:

I think the idea of having averages of wins and losses determine your placement, by itself, means that the same few people are going to likely be in the finals in every tournament, maybe thats not necessarily a bad thing, though, I don’t know.

However, lets say you play 100 games and get 1st place without dying everytime. then you have 1 bad game where you get second place. You no longer have a perfect average score of 8. The person who took over your spot, is someone who only played the minimum 20 games, and won each game by 1 kill. In my mind, that person is not a better player than the first player, so why should he get the number 1 ranking. Its messed up.

I realize there are a lot of intangibles that can’t be easily quantified, but there has got to be a better way than what there doing.

20 matches at 8 minutes per match is less than 3 hours. Not too bad.

Number of games played after 20 only matters in tiebreakers. For example, someone whose average score is 8 with 21 games played will be ranked higher than someone whose average score is 8 with 20 games played.

However, someone whose average score is 7.98 with 40 games played will be ranked lower than someone whose average score is 8 with 20 games played.

> 20 matches at 8 minutes per match is less than 3 hours. Not too bad.
>
> Number of games played after 20 only matters in tiebreakers. For example, someone whose average score is 8 with 21 games played will be ranked higher than someone whose average score is 8 with 20 games played.
>
> However, someone whose average score is 7.98 with 40 games played will be ranked lower than someone whose average score is 8 with 20 games played.

I understood it differently. Register and play 20 games to qualify. Your score will then be determined by your total points divided by your number of games. For example if you play 40 games, win 30 and place 4th 10 times you would get a score of 7.25 ((830 + 510)/40).

The number of games is only used as a tie breaker; that is 21-0 is better than 20-0. Therefore if you win your first 20 games it is best to stop playing until someone else bests you.

Edit: I think I read your post wrong Vektor0.

> > 20 matches at 8 minutes per match is less than 3 hours. Not too bad.
> >
> > Number of games played after 20 only matters in tiebreakers. For example, someone whose average score is 8 with 21 games played will be ranked higher than someone whose average score is 8 with 20 games played.
> >
> > However, someone whose average score is 7.98 with 40 games played will be ranked lower than someone whose average score is 8 with 20 games played.
>
> I understood it differently. Register and play 20 games to qualify. Your score will then be determined by your total points divided by your number of games. For example if you play 40 games, win 30 and place 4th 10 times you would get a score of 7.25 ((830 + 510)/40).
>
> The number of games is only used as a tie breaker; that is 21-0 is better than 20-0. Therefore if you win your first 20 games it is best to stop playing until someone else bests you.
>
> Edit: I think I read your post wrong Vektor0.

Possibly. You said kinda the same thing I did :slight_smile:

It’s a gamble. If you go 20-0 and someone else goes 21-0, they will beat you, so you may want to play more games to make sure they don’t. However, this is at the risk of getting a lower place and losing your perfect score of 8.

There are already several people with 25+ first place finishes. If you’re going to get one of the top FOUR spots, you better play more games than them AND come in first EVERY time.

This competition is ONLY for the VERY best Halo players. Why would 343/-Yoink!- gaming hand over a $200K grand prize to a good, but not great player?

I know I have NO chance in the world at this. I’ll still play in it just to say I did.

Again though, for those crying about the number of games needed to be played…well a contest has to set rules. Not everyone that WANTS to be in a tournament (of any kind, not just video games) can’t. Why? Lack of skill, inability to meet the requirements, time, money, etc.

At the very least be thankful that every and anyone who wants to compete weekly can. Everyone has a shot, it’s your skill AND games played that are going to be a deciding factor for you. One question to ask…Is it really worth it to you to put the tim in to go for the $200K grand prize. If you can’t find the time or MAKE the time available, well then…

If it means staying up late to play a few matches every night, so be it. Or, get up early to play some. Matches are going on 24/7, so it’s not like it’s on a timed schedule.

No excuses, get out there are kick butt!

in the GC is there PODs and loadouts? if so then how the hell is it the best player? anyone can get the rockets and get another OD and get another PW IMO thats not skillful and never will be, its the person who just got the lucky drop.

> in the GC is there PODs and loadouts? if so then how the hell is it the best player? anyone can get the rockets and get another OD and get another PW IMO thats not skillful and never will be, its the person who just got the lucky drop.

There are loadouts but the pods only let you choose from the 3 grenade types.

> in the GC is there PODs and loadouts? if so then how the hell is it the best player? anyone can get the rockets and get another OD and get another PW IMO thats not skillful and never will be, its the person who just got the lucky drop.

POs in GC are only limited to grenades.

> Mode Pro
> Score to Win 250
>
> Time Limit 12 minutes
>
> Infinity Rumble Options
>
> Kill Points 10
>
> Loadout Usage Personal Loadouts
>
> Ordnance
>
> Initial Ordnance Enabled
>
> Random Ordnance Disabled
>
> Infinity Settings
>
> Personal Ordnance Enabled
>
> Personal Ordnance Options
>
> Customize Personal Ordnance Enabled
>
> Left
> Only Possibility Frag Grenade
>
> Middle
> Only Possibility Plasma Grenade
>
> Right
> Only Possibility Pulse Grenade

You can read more about the settings for GC over here.

It is advised to read the rules before entering a competition.

I like tennis. I’m not happy that I don’t have a chance to win the US Open this year. Why do only Federer, Nadal, Murray and Djoker have a good shot to win?

They get to play tennis all day while I’m at work. I think I’ll write the chairman a note explaining… wait, never mind I get it now; I’ll play and have a blast, get owned, and enjoy watching the big dawgs battle it out in the later rounds.