H4: Take this Lesson from COD

H3 Br took most skill!

No CE magnum was perfect for halo

No CE magnum was OP god gun trash

BR spread was horrible!

H2 BR Button combos were amazing! and no BR SPREAD WHICH KILLED H3

No you are all wrong DMR with Bloom which isnt random at all if you pace it finally balanced the sandbox

DMR is spam trash, the only wepaon in reach that takes skill is the magnum!

Bloom is random BS. The DMR killed Reach

Ask a halo fan which precision weapon from the series is the best and you can get atleast 7 responses. So for H4 i propose this. Include them all.

CE Magnum
H2 BR with combos
H3 BR with bullet travel
H3 Carbine
DMR
NR
HR magnum

COD has 10 “precision” Assault rifles, it lets fans pick their pleasure and 45 weapons overall. These 7 would not all have to be on a single map or even in MM in general but it would allow people to set up custom games how they like it while still enjoying all the new great things with H4.

If I dare go further In addition to the maybe 5 (Reach only saw 6 new guns i believe 2 of which were replacements for BR and carbine) new weapons that they should also include weapons that worked differently in past games.

CE shotgun
H3 shotgun

CE rockets
H2 tracking rockets
Reach Intercontinental ballistic missliles aka rockets
H3 nerfed rockets

Ce PR with stun
Post CE no stun

etc etc etc etc

Point is we are only probably getting 5 new weapons in H4. Games like COD are capable of have 45 weapons (also think of goldeneye all the weapons it had). Weapons which look similar could be designated with a slight light or maybe even a number while holding it. But adding this option for precision weapons would go a long way to stopping the "________ is the main weapon halo should always have " that has been a constant ever since H2 got rid of CE magnum. These weapons dont have to all be in MM, but in customs at the least. Also it doens’t mean we don’t have to not get a new precision weapon for H4 but this would go a long way to quelling the arguing and in satisfying Halos diverse fans.

The CE Magnum worked because you could 3shot someone in the head. The H3 had spread,the DMR had bloom. You would have to implent every game mechanic for every precision weapon in the game. I don’t think that this would work.

> The CE Magnum worked because you could 3shot someone in the head. The H3 had spread,the DMR had bloom. You would have to implent every game mechanic for every precision weapon in the game. I don’t think that this would work.

COD can have 45 different weapons but H4 cant?

agreed! or, just have options to tweak guns to perfection :smiley:

> > The CE Magnum worked because you could 3shot someone in the head. The H3 had spread,the DMR had bloom. You would have to implent every game mechanic for every precision weapon in the game. I don’t think that this would work.
>
> COD can have 45 different weapons but H4 cant?

CoD isn’t balanced, but Halo is still more balanced than CoD. Why should we take a step backwards and make Halo worse?

> > > The CE Magnum worked because you could 3shot someone in the head. The H3 had spread,the DMR had bloom. You would have to implent every game mechanic for every precision weapon in the game. I don’t think that this would work.
> >
> > COD can have 45 different weapons but H4 cant?
>
> CoD isn’t balanced, but Halo is still more balanced than CoD. Why should we take a step backwards and make Halo worse?

Nobody is talking about balance. Just as there are not all of reachs weapons on every map not all of these would have to be on every map. They could be available in custom games only or 1-3 could be on maps (as is currently done in reach). If anythign they could be available in customs only.

Why are you so against it. You makes 0 sense. Its not like in COD where you would pick your weapons and make a class. It would be just like when you go into forge and look into the weapons list you would have more options.

> > > > The CE Magnum worked because you could 3shot someone in the head. The H3 had spread,the DMR had bloom. You would have to implent every game mechanic for every precision weapon in the game. I don’t think that this would work.
> > >
> > > COD can have 45 different weapons but H4 cant?
> >
> > CoD isn’t balanced, but Halo is still more balanced than CoD. Why should we take a step backwards and make Halo worse?
>
> Nobody is talking about balance. Just as there are not all of reachs weapons on every map not all of these would have to be on every map. They could be available in custom games only or 1-3 could be on maps (as is currently done in reach). If anythign they could be available in customs only.
>
> Why are you so against it. You makes 0 sense. Its not like in COD where you would pick your weapons and make a class. It would be just like when you go into forge and look into the weapons list you would have more options.

Dude my statements make really more sense if you stop thinking that adding everything in a game is the best solution. The developers has to balance the weapons in weight to all other weapons. They would need for like 40 weapons really much time and in the end it wouldn’t be balanced at all. See the H2 BR is stronger than the H3 BR so all other weapons would have to be balanced around BOTH of them. And you said that there should be 40 weapons…

> > > > > The CE Magnum worked because you could 3shot someone in the head. The H3 had spread,the DMR had bloom. You would have to implent every game mechanic for every precision weapon in the game. I don’t think that this would work.
> > > >
> > > > COD can have 45 different weapons but H4 cant?
> > >
> > > CoD isn’t balanced, but Halo is still more balanced than CoD. Why should we take a step backwards and make Halo worse?
> >
> > Nobody is talking about balance. Just as there are not all of reachs weapons on every map not all of these would have to be on every map. They could be available in custom games only or 1-3 could be on maps (as is currently done in reach). If anythign they could be available in customs only.
> >
> > Why are you so against it. You makes 0 sense. Its not like in COD where you would pick your weapons and make a class. It would be just like when you go into forge and look into the weapons list you would have more options.
>
> Dude my statements make really more sense if you stop thinking that adding everything in a game is the best solution. The developers has to balance the weapons in weight to all other weapons. They would need for like 40 weapons really much time and in the end it wouldn’t be balanced at all. See the H2 BR is stronger than the H3 BR so all other weapons would have to be balanced around BOTH of them. And you said that there should be 40 weapons…

None of the weapons from past games would have to ever see the light of day against their H4 counterparts, really they would be there for customs or classic playlists. The weapons would already be balanced since the sandboxes they came from would also be ported.

You would have to for example not balance the CE pistol with the other H4 weapon sandbox. What it would enable though is for fans to recreate their past favorite Halo MPs using all of the good things from those Mps plus what H4 has to offer.

In a sense its just an expanded forge palette that would end much of the bickering amongst halo fans. Short of full weapon customization Bloom on off, ROF customization magazine count etc etc this is the best way to please EVERYONE

> > The CE Magnum worked because you could 3shot someone in the head. The H3 had spread,the DMR had bloom. You would have to implent every game mechanic for every precision weapon in the game. I don’t think that this would work.
>
> COD can have 45 different weapons but H4 cant?

No, it can’t. That would create redundant and useless weapons, and unlike the CoD they wouldn’t even be balanced. End of Story.

CE PISTOL

> > > The CE Magnum worked because you could 3shot someone in the head. The H3 had spread,the DMR had bloom. You would have to implent every game mechanic for every precision weapon in the game. I don’t think that this would work.
> >
> > COD can have 45 different weapons but H4 cant?
>
> No, it can’t. That would create redundant and useless weapons, and unlike the CoD they wouldn’t even be balanced. End of Story.

CoD is anything but balanced (or good.)

2 BR’s? How in the world would that even work. Especially one that is essentially a laser gun and one where the bullets actually exist?

I stopped at “Take Lessons from COD” Seriously dude? Oh, and good to see you on your regular account Mestizo.

> I stopped at “Take Lessons from COD” Seriously dude? Oh, and good to see you on your regular account Mestizo.

COD is number 1 and Number 2 for a reason

Halo Which used to command the FPS martket is #3 with reach. and may soon be #4 with MW3 coming soon

COD borrowed heavily form halo only 2 weapons, general control scheme etc

The point is COD can fit in 45 weapons and so can halo. Pragramming wise it is possible. It would make fans of any halo happy and end the useless arguments over any new change H4 would introduce.

Short of weapon stats customization this is the best solution.

> COD is number 1 and Number 2 for a reason

Every weapon is a OSK in the head and you can drop in and out any game in either MW2 or BO without missing more than a beat of change in gameplay differences.
More skillful and more fun are two different things. Take a lesson from Halo2 contrasted with Reach, a game requiring little skill is great for popularity. A game too deep keeps the masses away.

That sounds very interesting. I think it would be very very cool if H4 had like 3 or more precision weapons that are all equally powerful but work differently.
That would make playing on a high level far more enjoyable.

> > I stopped at “Take Lessons from COD” Seriously dude? Oh, and good to see you on your regular account Mestizo.
>
> COD is number 1 and Number 2 for a reason
>
> Halo Which used to command the FPS martket is #3 with reach. and may soon be #4 with MW3 coming soon
>
> COD borrowed heavily form halo only 2 weapons, general control scheme etc
>
> The point is COD can fit in 45 weapons and so can halo. Pragramming wise it is possible. It would make fans of any halo happy and end the useless arguments over any new change H4 would introduce.
>
> Short of weapon stats customization this is the best solution.

I specificaly remember you saying something like “if you want tacos, go to taco bell.” COD is not Halo. If you want to play COD then go play it.

> > > I stopped at “Take Lessons from COD” Seriously dude? Oh, and good to see you on your regular account Mestizo.
> >
> > COD is number 1 and Number 2 for a reason
> >
> > Halo Which used to command the FPS martket is #3 with reach. and may soon be #4 with MW3 coming soon
> >
> > COD borrowed heavily form halo only 2 weapons, general control scheme etc
> >
> > The point is COD can fit in 45 weapons and so can halo. Pragramming wise it is possible. It would make fans of any halo happy and end the useless arguments over any new change H4 would introduce.
> >
> > Short of weapon stats customization this is the best solution.
>
> I specificaly remember you saying something like “if you want tacos, go to taco bell.” COD is not Halo. If you want to play COD then go play it.

aww you remember me ^_~<3

Yes If you want tacos go to taco bell. If you want burgers go else where.

But what i want are not burgers but rather the chalupas, crunchwraps, and quesadillas that got discontinued (yes i know they were not in tacobell but lets say they were).

Im not asking for anything that wasnt in tacobell before, just for the stores to sell its new tacos as well as the favorites I once loved.

If you want only new tacos this wont affect you.

But for the many taco fans who also would like to have a taco and a crunchwrap (as many halo fans would love PPs with stun or god pistol or all tracking rockets) this would be a godsend.

But I bet you didnt even read my post, just saw COD and had a pavlovian response. Ring ring!!

> > > I stopped at “Take Lessons from COD” Seriously dude? Oh, and good to see you on your regular account Mestizo.
> >
> > COD is number 1 and Number 2 for a reason
> >
> > Halo Which used to command the FPS martket is #3 with reach. and may soon be #4 with MW3 coming soon
> >
> > COD borrowed heavily form halo only 2 weapons, general control scheme etc
> >
> > The point is COD can fit in 45 weapons and so can halo. Pragramming wise it is possible. It would make fans of any halo happy and end the useless arguments over any new change H4 would introduce.
> >
> > Short of weapon stats customization this is the best solution.
>
> I specificaly remember you saying something like “if you want tacos, go to taco bell.” COD is not Halo. If you want to play COD then go play it.

This

Black ops has 45 weapons but all I ever see is the FAMAS and the AK74U, in lagvision on the killcam.

Battlefield had better weapon balance (and bc2 had more guns than mw2 but thats not the point)

anyway I think that a few reskinned weapons (as in sevaral AR variants that looked and sounded different, but with the same functions) wouldn’t be a bad idea

> > > > I stopped at “Take Lessons from COD” Seriously dude? Oh, and good to see you on your regular account Mestizo.
> > >
> > > COD is number 1 and Number 2 for a reason
> > >
> > > Halo Which used to command the FPS martket is #3 with reach. and may soon be #4 with MW3 coming soon
> > >
> > > COD borrowed heavily form halo only 2 weapons, general control scheme etc
> > >
> > > The point is COD can fit in 45 weapons and so can halo. Pragramming wise it is possible. It would make fans of any halo happy and end the useless arguments over any new change H4 would introduce.
> > >
> > > Short of weapon stats customization this is the best solution.
> >
> > I specificaly remember you saying something like “if you want tacos, go to taco bell.” COD is not Halo. If you want to play COD then go play it.
>
> This
>
> Black ops has 45 weapons but all I ever see is the FAMAS and the AK74U, in lagvision on the killcam.
>
> Battlefield had better weapon balance (and bc2 had more guns than mw2 but thats not the point)
>
> anyway I think that a few reskinned weapons (as in sevaral AR variants that looked and sounded different, but with the same functions) wouldn’t be a bad idea

The point is old sandboxs of weapons could be put in forge to give people options.

But more options for customized play is never good. Right.