H4 MARINES

Everyone. Halo 4’s biggest let down will be if they don’t have the marines from Halo 3 in it. Halo 3 by far had the best marines.

1. Quotes
  2. Interactive
  3. Various character models
    Will Halo 4 have marines as good as Halo 3’s?

We have only seen a little bit of one so we can’t be certain.

Damn. But seriously I’d be devastated. I was so attached to the Halo 3 marines.

They definitely look different than the halo 3 marines.
http://loudmouthedgamers.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/halo-4-ready-to-launch.jpg
On the far right in the grey…

I’m pretty sure 343i will not disappoint when it comes to Halo 4. Things like AI models, animations, and interactions are and have always been a big deal in Halo. I’m pretty sure there will be diversity amongst AI teammates and opponents.

I agree.

Marines were another thing that made the Halo Campaign awesome along with the music and awesome story.

Theb AI in Reach was not too bad if you gave them a good gun and stick close to them.
Biggist weaknes is fighting jackels with shields.

> They definitely look different than the halo 3 marines.
> http://loudmouthedgamers.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/halo-4-ready-to-launch.jpg
> On the far right in the grey…

That might be kind of like a pilot variant or a something akin to a crew chief. There are screenshots from ViDocs that show Marines in a design closer to what we’ve seen with Halo 3. In the Forerunner ViDoc we see a close view of their helm, which now has a full face mask and visor, so it would seem. I’m really hoping we get a better look at them in the near future.

> > They definitely look different than the halo 3 marines.
> > http://loudmouthedgamers.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/halo-4-ready-to-launch.jpg
> > On the far right in the grey…
>
> That might be kind of like a pilot variant or a something akin to a crew chief. There are screenshots from ViDocs that show Marines in a design closer to what we’ve seen with Halo 3. In the Forerunner ViDoc we see a close view of their helm, which now has a full face mask and visor, so it would seem. I’m really hoping we get a better look at them in the near future.

Idk, here’s another one that shows a few more just like the previous

are you nuts ?

because Halo 3 (green) marines are in Halo 4 I saw them in a Hog with the Chief in the Vidoc Magic of Halo 4

> Theb AI in Reach was not too bad if you gave them a good gun and stick close to them.
> Biggist weaknes is fighting jackels with shields.

The trend of giving them power weapons or having them in a turret to make them effective needs to end. They need to be efficient on foot with any weapon.

That is because they do not think. They ought to be targetting their arms. Marines in CE displayed an odd tendency, shooting at a Wraith’s wings and throwing grenades at Banshees, so I think it should have been easy to implement ‘aiming at the arm’.

Also, Reach Jackals are fail because they’re only designed to fight the player. CE Jackals rolled when they were shot at; this was clearly to help the marines get a shot on them.

> Everyone. Halo 4’s biggest let down will be if they don’t have the marines from Halo 3 in it. Halo 3 by far had the best marines.
> 1. Quotes
> 2. Interactive
> 3. Various character models
> Will Halo 4 have marines as good as Halo 3’s?

1. I think CE and Halo 2 marines had equally good quotes. Halo 3 marines tend to point out the obvious (on the other hand, this can be funny “tank beats ____, tank beats ____, tank beats everything!”)).

2. I’ll give you that. They turned when you wanted to swap with them (an improvement from Halo 2 where there is no prompt to get them to turn). This made it easier to push them around and it could stop them from running into battle. Not to mention how firing your gun could stop a marine from driving off with your vehicle and how they would stick by my vehicle when I left it parked against a wall (driver seat facing the wall) compared to Reach where they run off on foot into battle an die.

3. True. Good diversity (marine, pilot, marine with goggles, marine with backpack, wounded marines). Only paralleled by CE (marine, unarmored marine, crew, marine with boonie hat, marine with headband, crazy marine, wounded marine) and perhaps Reach.

H2 marines > H3 marines

“dude, I’m wearing your moms bra!”

“swing batta batta swing!”

Spartan IVs >>> Marines

In all seriousness I missed the Banter from the Marines from the haloverse while playing other games

> Spartan IVs >>> Marines

Sorry, I like my libido where it is.

Sorry for the double post, and someone might’ve already said this, but if you take a second look at the Magic Behind Halo 4 Trailer, you do see Halo 3 style-esque Marines. One is riding the back of a warthog.

http://i.minus.com/iQjh7XONNAqDq.png

A second, closer but fainter look is at the very end around 2:18 in the trailer, where it shows the Chief spear-heading the formation of Spartan IVs and two non-spartan personnel. There’s the one in white on his left (your right), but there’s another directly over his right shoulder donning something clearly different. I can make out the NVG mount atop his helmet as well as the outline of his visor. Colors are compatible with that of M52B armor.

I actually want CE Marines back.