H4 Heavy Weapons

Should Heavy Weapons return in Halo 4? Why or why not?

Do you have any ideas for a Heavy Weapon?

Umm…of course they should? Dude, Halo without Heavy Weapons is… just cold.

We’ve already seen proof of a Rocket Launcher, FRG, and Railgun.

As you should already know there will be heavy weapons such as rocket launchers, Spartan lasers and the new Rail Gun. Hope this helps.

I think he’s talking about Support weapons such as the missle pod and H3 flamethrower. If so, yes.

> I think he’s talking about Support weapons such as the missle pod and H3 flamethrower. If so, yes.

When I think for a Heavy weapon I don’t think of a flame thrower.

> Should Heavy Weapons return in Halo 4? Why or why not?
>
> Do you have any ideas for a Heavy Weapon?

Should doesn’t matter. The Turret and Missile Pod are confirmed.

What should change is that they should be Power Weapons. Right now the Turret is so niched that it’s nigh useless. They are wasted resources on maps and unused.

I say remove the speed penalty while wielding one or get an increased strength to shields.

> > Should Heavy Weapons return in Halo 4? Why or why not?
> >
> > Do you have any ideas for a Heavy Weapon?
>
> Should doesn’t matter. The Turret and Missile Pod are confirmed.
>
> What should change is that they should be Power Weapons. Right now the Turret is so niched that it’s nigh useless. They are wasted resources on maps and unused.
>
> I say remove the speed penalty while wielding one or get an increased strength to shields.

The missile pod hog or the missile pod that’s detachable in Halo 3. Didn’t know that was confirmed.

Heavy weapons will be back, not sure why you would have ask that.

> > > Should Heavy Weapons return in Halo 4? Why or why not?
> > >
> > > Do you have any ideas for a Heavy Weapon?
> >
> > Should doesn’t matter. The Turret and Missile Pod are confirmed.
> >
> > What should change is that they should be Power Weapons. Right now the Turret is so niched that it’s nigh useless. They are wasted resources on maps and unused.
> >
> > I say remove the speed penalty while wielding one or get an increased strength to shields.
>
> The missile pod hog or the missile pod that’s detachable in Halo 3. Didn’t know that was confirmed.

Missile Pod that’s detachable in H3.

It was confirmed at the end of one of the E3 videos.

You hear the distinct sound and see a Spartan jumping down from a ledge firing off several shots that explode.

> > > > Should Heavy Weapons return in Halo 4? Why or why not?
> > > >
> > > > Do you have any ideas for a Heavy Weapon?
> > >
> > > Should doesn’t matter. The Turret and Missile Pod are confirmed.
> > >
> > > What should change is that they should be Power Weapons. Right now the Turret is so niched that it’s nigh useless. They are wasted resources on maps and unused.
> > >
> > > I say remove the speed penalty while wielding one or get an increased strength to shields.
> >
> > The missile pod hog or the missile pod that’s detachable in Halo 3. Didn’t know that was confirmed.
>
> Missile Pod that’s detachable in H3.
>
> It was confirmed at the end of one of the E3 videos.
>
> You hear the distinct sound and see a Spartan jumping down from a ledge firing off several shots that explode.

Peggy Hill: HO yeah!

> Missile Pod that’s detachable in H3.
>
> It was confirmed at the end of one of the E3 videos.
>
> You hear the distinct sound and see a Spartan jumping down from a ledge firing off several shots that explode.

YES!

Both human and covenant turrets are confirmed in. I do think heavy weapons are an interesting addition to the sandbox that hasn’t been by any stretch of the imagination fully utilised yet. Although I do think the Missile Pod and Flamethrower were not particularly contusive to gameplay as they were in H3 but that doesn’t mean we should give up on the concept.

My vote would be for a Grenade turret similar to the Grenade Falcon Turret in Reach.

> > Missile Pod that’s detachable in H3.
> >
> > It was confirmed at the end of one of the E3 videos.
> >
> > You hear the distinct sound and see a Spartan jumping down from a ledge firing off several shots that explode.
>
> YES!

Someone remind me again how to link Youtube videos that skip to the timestamp you want.

It starts at 1:47 BTW.

Wait where is the Missile Pod in that video?

> > > Missile Pod that’s detachable in H3.
> > >
> > > It was confirmed at the end of one of the E3 videos.
> > >
> > > You hear the distinct sound and see a Spartan jumping down from a ledge firing off several shots that explode.
> >
> > YES!
>
> Someone remind me again how to link Youtube videos that skip to the timestamp you want.
>
> It starts at 1:47 BTW.

Share —> Click the small “option” ----> Check the “Start at : [value]”

> > > Missile Pod that’s detachable in H3.
> > >
> > > It was confirmed at the end of one of the E3 videos.
> > >
> > > You hear the distinct sound and see a Spartan jumping down from a ledge firing off several shots that explode.
> >
> > YES!
>
> Someone remind me again how to link Youtube videos that skip to the timestamp you want.
>
> It starts at 1:47 BTW.

Rocket Launcher I’m afraid. If you pause it you can see the Spartans silhouette with a shoulder mounted weapon aka the RL + only 2 shots are fired which were consistent with RL gameplay sounds and appearance.

(Right click vidio > Copy Vidio URL at current time) 1:47

> Rocket Launcher I’m afraid. If you pause it you can see the Spartans silhouette with a shoulder mounted weapon aka the RL + only 2 shots are fired which were consistent with RL gameplay sounds and appearance.

I thought it was the Rocket Launcher too, but figured it was because he was falling down. I remember the Missile Pod “raising” itself to about shoulder height as you fell in H3. The sound though was what confirmed it for me.

But after looking at, and listening too, some Rocket’s being fired, I was wrong. Missile Pod isn’t confirmed. Turret is though.

I was hoping back since Reach that someone would introduce LMG’s. You think the UNSC would have them. I’m not talking about ripping off a turret either.

He’s some Reach concept art that might give you an idea.

LMG concept

> Both human and covenant turrets are confirmed in. I do think heavy weapons are an interesting addition to the sandbox that hasn’t been by any stretch of the imagination fully utilised yet. Although I do think the Missile Pod and Flamethrower were not particularly contusive to gameplay as they were in H3 but that doesn’t mean we should give up on the concept.
>
> My vote would be for a Grenade turret similar to the Grenade Falcon Turret in Reach.
>

Totally! Other than an automatic grenade launcher it could’ve been neat to have a handheld one like in this pic.

Reach Concept Art

> I was hoping back since Reach that someone would introduce LMG’s. You think the UNSC would have them. I’m not talking about ripping off a turret either.
>
> He’s some Reach concept art that might give you an idea.
>
> LMG concept

Would make for a very nice power weapon.